• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Justice League' reshoots extensive; Up: Cavill comments on 'stache

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
As the article says the action set pieces aren't being reshot. I bet that the line The Flash has in the new trailer about "pushing people" is from Whedon's reshoots.

There were changes made before production, so it'd be tough to single out which parts are new. For example, the part where Flash is the only one left on the rooftop is pre-Whedon.

Garlador

Just put make-up over the mustache.

Worked for Cesar Romero.
GN4iY-1455563838-1825-list_items-romero_stache.jpg

jett

D-Member
Snyder strikes again!

I guess things were just a tad too positive for the DCEU lately hah. Guess Whedon isn't here to play and wants to make this movie more his own. Really strange to refer to Snyder's material as merely "usable."

Slaythe

They probably filmed some scenes back in the day where he was clean shaven. So it's either even more extensive reshoots or a cg removal for a few scenes.

(Or they could add a cg beard to the old scenes, lol)

Not gonna lie, adding a beard / stubble might be easier than removing facial hair since imitating skin, and having it match the lightning perfectly is going to be cancer for the graphic artists. Especially near the mouth area when he's going to speak.

:/ Gonna be like 5 million dollars SFX just for this fucking mustache to go away.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
This is Variety, not some fanboy blog. If Variety is writing an article on the extent of reshoots it's not normal.

Doesn't mean the movie will be bad.

Pretty much this

I don't know why or how people think reshoots = bad nowadays as there are reshoots for literally all movies to try to improve them.

But fuck Synder right guys?

Please be good. I'd sacrifice the entire MCU for this to be good.

Cavill’s issues are even more thorny. “Justice League’s” Man of Steel had expected to be able to finish shooting the sixth “Mission: Impossible” film before needing to don Superman’s spandex again. That has not been the case, however, as the new scenes that are being shot have required him to jump back and forth from each production. Because of this, a mustache he grew for his character in the “Mission Impossible” sequel will have to be digitally removed in post-production.

Just give me shirtless Cavill Superman with a mustache. I need it.

Mikef2000

This movie releases in November of this year? If they are still doing extensive reshoots, how will they have time to get the CG for these reshoots(not counting removing the stache) along with score, editing and mixing?

this actually sounds like good news. Whedon tweaking stuff to make the scenes connect better is a good thing, him tweaking some lines are also good news.

I'm starting to get more excited for this.

tomtom94

Pretty much this

I don't know why or how people think reshoots = bad nowadays as there are reshoots for literally all movies to try to improve them.

But fuck Synder right guys?

Why can't we think reshoots in general are a good thing but note that these reshoots are larger than normal which is typically associated with films having problems (cf. Suicide Squad)?

Sephzilla

Don't even digitally remove Cavill's mustache. Just have his mustache magically appear and disappear between shots. Never explain it

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
This movie releases in November of this year? If they are still doing extensive reshoots, how will they have time to get the CG for these reshoots(not counting removing the stache) along with score, editing and mixing?
Because the reshoots aren't for action scenes. They're for character/dialog punch ups.

inky

Like they always do. Overworking and underpaying animators and digital artists.

Boke1879

So what I'm reading is that Whedon wants to ramp up some dialogue between the cast and add some connective tissue between scenes.

Some of the scheduling is causing some headaches.

shira

The need to fix that tiny fence asap

hank_tree

I would say any effect the reshoots had on Rogue One were minimal at best. (Tales from my ass, not knowing what was cut.) But I have a feeling a lot of it was in the first half, as that movie is disjointed as fuck until the final third act.

Its the opposite. The third act changed hugely.

Top Bottom