• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League 2: Zack Snyder Says He Has No Plans To Continue After Snydercut

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Gold Member

"Look, I never thought I'd be here doing this. I didn't think I'd be finishing Justice League," he says. "The truth is, and it's been widely reported, and I have no issue, this is an old movie. This is a years-old movie I'm working on. The DC universe has gone and branched off and done its own thing and that's fine. As far as what I did and as far as what my vision for what I wanted to do with these characters and the journey I wanted them to go on, it's well known that I planned on more movies, five movies or something, but I'm busy. I've got a lot going on. Is it cool that the fans have so much faith in the trajectory? Yes, it's amazing, and I couldn't be happier and I'm excited for them to see Justice League so they can really drink the entire elixir of Justice League. But, would I continue? I have no plan to. But like I said, I didn't think I'd be here, so who knows?"

batman v superman movie trailer GIF

Bolivar687

Banned
ManaByte ManaByte , just let it go. You promised all of us the Snyder Cut was never coming, and now it is. You don't have to keep qualifying how almost-right you were or downplaying its significance for future films to retroactively make yourself look less petty than you were. The damage is done and we're all willing to move on, all of us except for you apparently.

Kevin Smith also said Hamada's comments were strange, since he's heard the ending doesn't feel like a cul-de-sac at all:

ManaByte

Gold Member
ManaByte ManaByte , just let it go. You promised all of us the Snyder Cut was never coming, and now it is. You don't have to keep qualifying how almost-right you were or downplaying its significance for future films to retroactively make yourself look less petty than you were. The damage is done and we're all willing to move on, all of us except for you apparently.

Kevin Smith also said Hamada's comments were strange, since he's heard the ending doesn't feel like a cul-de-sac at all:

The article quoted Zack Snyder. Yet you attack me.

Imperius

Banned
Basically what he's saying is, "I have no plans with WB at the moment to continue my vision of the DC universe."

Doesn't mean it can't happen if Snyder Cut is well received and puts even more momentum behind Snyder. I wouldn't bet on it though, and if I was Snyder I'd want nothing to do with WB studio management given that they've done nothing but fuck up his movies.

Bolivar687

Banned
Yes, ignore the entire paragraph before that where he explains in detail why he's moved on.
Moved on?

He's literally been working on it everyday for months and shot new material for it that wasn't a part of the original film.

edit: he's also working on a coloring and imax remaster of BvS and likely a Ma of Steel one coming after.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
ManaByte ManaByte ManaByte ManaByte , just let it go. You promised all of us the Snyder Cut was never coming, and now it is. You don't have to keep qualifying how almost-right you were or downplaying its significance for future films to retroactively make yourself look less petty than you were. The damage is done and we're all willing to move on, all of us except for you apparently.
What are you talking about? ManaByte ManaByte didn't say anything of the sort in his OP.

Bolivar687

Banned
What are you talking about? ManaByte ManaByte didn't say anything of the sort in his OP.
If you've been following his sequence of threads going back to him insisting this was never going to happen (including on the very same day that it was actually announced), and see things differently, then I suppose that's just a difference of perspective.

Holy shit dude, what is your deal, do you have nightmares about Zack Snyder forcing you into slow-mo action sequences with sweaty half-nude men or something?

SJRB

Gold Member
I never had a problem with Zach Snyder's DC movies. Especially visually both MoS and BvS are incredible. Beautiful shots all around, a real joy to watch.

If you go in expecting a Marvel experience you're gonna have a bad time. On their own [and especially back to back] it's a great ride.

I hope he can bring JL back from the dead. God knows fans, Snyder and the entire cast and crew [sans that fool Whedon] deserve better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom