• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice for Arthur (Warning - distressing content)

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

In a case that has shocked and sickened the UK public, today the step mother and father of 6 year old are found guilty of his death. The step mother has been found guilty of murder, where the father has been given the charge of manslaughter.

For those of you outside the US, Arthur was six years old and was starved, beaten and tortured. When he was being starved or beaten, he was force-fed food laden with salt. His life ended when the stepmother repeatedly slammed his head on a hard surface.

The grandmother tried to report the abuse, but once again the authorities were too slow to act and little boy suffered a horrible fate.

Video in the article shows little Arthur walking around a room, crying to himself that nobody loves him.

I hope these two fuckers spend a long time in prison. I also hope they get beaten every single day and worse.

I had doubts about posting this. The case shocked me so much because I'm a father, and I couldn't imagine doing this to any child, let alone my own Child. But I think this case should get attention to raise awareness of child abuse. I'm sick of seeing stories of children suffering this fate. No child should suffer like this.

RIP little Arthur.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Dammit, why did I read that article???

Nuke 'em from orbit
wO0YZSJ.jpg

Dr Bass

In a case that has shocked and sickened the UK public, today the step mother and father of 6 year old are found guilty of his death. The step mother has been found guilty of murder, where the father has been given the charge of manslaughter.

For those of you outside the US, Arthur was six years old and was starved, beaten and tortured. When he was being starved or beaten, he was force-fed food laden with salt. His life ended when the stepmother repeatedly slammed his head on a hard surface.

The grandmother tried to report the abuse, but once again the authorities were too slow to act and little boy suffered a horrible fate.

Video in the article shows little Arthur walking around a room, crying to himself that nobody loves him.

I hope these two fuckers spend a long time in prison. I also hope they get beaten every single day and worse.

I had doubts about posting this. The case shocked me so much because I'm a father, and I couldn't imagine doing this to any child, let alone my own Child. But I think this case should get attention to raise awareness of child abuse. I'm sick of seeing stories of children suffering this fate. No child should suffer like this.

RIP little Arthur.

A "long time"? I hope you mean the rest of their lives.

And honestly that can be an extremely short duration IMO.

Zok310

Banned
Poor boy, rip to the kid. Hope the worse happens to all the cruel adults involved including the social workers.

IDKFA

Poor boy, rip to the kid. Hope the worse happens to all the cruel adults involved including the social workers.

The step mother and father are to blame for the horrors they inflicted on this poor child.

However, as you've pointed out, social services and the child's school also need to accept a degree of responsibility. By all accounts, the child's grandmother tried to warn the authorities and even showed them pictures of Arthur's injuries, yet nothing was done to prevent this tragic death.

The sad thing is, we've been here before. When the same thing happened to baby P, we were all told that lessons had been learned and it wouldn't happen again. Yet here we are and another child has been let down by those who could and should have protected him.

I know this probably goes into political territory, but I think this is an important issue that needs more exposure. Laws against child abusers needs to be stricter. Minimum life sentence would be a start. Also, schools and social services need to be punished if they were aware of the situation and failed to act. I don't want to see another story in a few years of another child who was abused to death.

I can't exactly remember the number, but it was something like there's a 40x (or 4000%) higher chance of child abuse if there's a step-parent in the home. Wild.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
However, as you've pointed out, social services and the child's school also need to accept a degree of responsibility. By all accounts, the child's grandmother tried to warn the authorities and even showed them pictures of Arthur's injuries, yet nothing was done to prevent this tragic death.
In general child services need massive funding and top class training, this is one of these things to spend tax money on.

GymWolf

This is one of the cases when i'm perfectly ok with slavery in prison, let these people work on salt mines for the rest of their life with only small pauses to eat, shit and sleep, death is too easy and simple prison is not enough.

At least they are gonna serve some purpose instead of hanging on the balance of tax payers.

Last edited:

IDKFA

This is one of the cases when i'm perfectly ok with slavery in prison, let these people work on salt mines for the rest of their life with only small pauses to eat, shit and sleep, death is too easy and simple prison is not enough.

At least they are gonna serve some purpose instead of hanging on the balance of tax payers.

Maybe it's just the rage talking, but I'd happily agree to their death......as long as it was very slow and painful.

This is so unlike me, because I'm normally all for a chance of redemption, but this is not redeemable in my eyes. I worry that they'll get light sentences of maybe 15 years. They shouldn't be allowed back into society.

niilokin

breaks my fucking heart... people who can just hurt and murder innocent children have no human worth and should be made into warning to their evil ilk...

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Only my second time cussing so forgive me but...

Fuck these cunts! I hope they fucking rot in prison and get EXACTLY what they did to this poor baby! The fuck? I hope they literally get shat on every fucking day in prison! And that male is NOT a man NOR a father! The fuck?! Fuck his whole life and I hope they BOTH die painful deaths! Fucking hell?!?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Government should be sued big time for non-action. I hope the gov doesn't have some kind of special protection against lawsuits. If so, I wouldnt be surprised as it sure takes a lot of effort to grill governments. The grandmother did what she could, and government is all about dont be vigilantes. Come to us and we'll sort it out. Ya right.

wvnative

Great to hear that the US isn't the only country where child protective services is a joke.

So sad...why are these institutions run so poorly?

Sybrix

Great to hear that the US isn't the only country where child protective services is a joke.

Lack of government money, public service funding over the last 10 years has been reduced significantly.

Also in this case the UK was in the middle of a lockdown and the child wasnt attending school where if he was these issues may have been noticed by the teachers.

Its so sad, the parents are pure evil, no other word for it and deserve to be in prison for the rest of their lives.

To think that a small helpless child's brief time on Earth was mostly suffering is disheartening.
Hope those two suffer in deep despair for the rest of their natural lives, despair more painful than any physical pain could induce.

RIP Arthur
I know torture doesn't solve much, but these scumbags need to experience pain far beyond what they put that little boy through.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I can't handle stories like these so I'm not gonna read the article. It pisses me off in a really deep dark place when I see stories of child abuse like this. The kid wasn't even old enough to understand why. From his perspective he was probably trying to understand what he did wrong. Getting pissed just typing this.

Just throw them under the prison. Nothing of value will be lost.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

I'm sure it's a thankless job on both ends of the extremes. You don't do anything when you should and this happens. You do too much when you didn't need to and you're breaking apart a family that could function better than foster care, which doesn't have great outcomes for most kids. It's a largely thankless job of inserting yourself into the middle of dysfunctional families with little information, and everyone lying to you 99% of the time.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Yeah, this one tears me up. I've followed the case and just the details that they've allowed out are horrific. The stuff that hasn't been made public must have been horrible for the jury to see.

What really strikes me is that these two made their hatred towards this child and the act of tormenting and abusing him part of their relationship. They fed off each other and egged each other on, treating him like a common enemy and revelling in the pain and upset they caused him. It was their "thing"

Grandmother tried to intervene but wasn't able to get help. An uncle tried to intervene but was warned by police they'd arrest him for breaking covid restrictions. Social services and authorities passed off his injuries and issues as the result of rough play and took the parents word. Fuck me, the failures of the authorities involved went beyond lack of resources and opportunity and straight into negligence and indifference.

I'm against the death penalty because for people like this it's too easy. Put them in a jail with the worst of their kind and let them suffer a lifetime of torment at the hands of abusers just like them. Absolute bastards.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
They will. Someone that is there for life will kill her.
Nah if you kill her she’s out of her suffering. She needs the shit kicking out of her on a daily basis.

Prison guards will happily turn a blind eye for that one.

Problem is she’ll have a fucking lawyer fighting for her to be kept secure because it’s a risk to her life and they’ll cave in and put her in a cushty cell on her own.

Rival

Gold Member
People that would do this should be whipped with a bullwhip 50 times every day until the day they die.

I was in tears reading this and I actually feel sick. These people have no humanity, they lack what makes them human.

I pray that they suffer in prison for the rest of their life and at the time of their divine judgements that their souls are sent to hell and after millions of years their souls are then destroyed from all known and unknown existence.

Last edited:

FutureMD

At this point, it's fair to say their lives are forfeit. Probably best to see if they have any donatable organs and help others as their time on Earth is up. With surgery being done without sedation or anesthetic obviously.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
People that would do this should be whipped with a bullwhip 50 times every day until the day they die.
I agree.

But the western way is to treat even the worst prisoners with food, healthcare and a roof over their head all at taxpayers cost. There are some people at the bottom who never committed a crime ever who have less.

Figure that one out.

The woman got sentenced to minimum 29 years with no parole for this first 29. We'll see if it magically changes one day to less time served!

Top Bottom