• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just saw TITANIC again in theaters for the 25th anniversary and…

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
They should do this, dedicate a screen for the greats, every few days bung on a new (old) film.

I'd go. The missus wanted to go to the pictures a couple of days ago and there isnt much on, total waste of those screens!
Yeah it was pretty cool being able to go see things like Monty Python and the Holy Grail with my kids in the movie theater. Maybe it's time for another pandemic.

RaptorGTA

I didn't know it was out again! Went to see it again when it was released originally and released for 3d. Such a great movie! Idk if I'll be able to see it again..

mclaren777

I saw it in theaters in 1997, saw it again for the 100-year anniversary, and again when it was remastered it 4K (was that 2018?) but I'm really worried about seeing this new version. I absolutely hated the HFR in Avatar 2 and I refuse to have it ruin my enjoyment of Titanic as well.

Is there a way to watch it at a locked 24fps in theaters?

Just watched it and never saw it in theatres before. It’s actually been 10+ years since I last saw it.

Best movie I’ve see in the last 10 years

MacReady13

Cameron’s best? I don’t think so. His best is still The Terminator. Titanic is good. In fact it’s real good. But The Terminator it ain’t.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Titanic is a great film, but it's not Cameron's best in a universe where Terminator 2 exists.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I saw it in theaters in 1997, saw it again for the 100-year anniversary, and again when it was remastered it 4K (was that 2018?) but I'm really worried about seeing this new version. I absolutely hated the HFR in Avatar 2 and I refuse to have it ruin my enjoyment of Titanic as well.

What was the world like in 2097? What stock should I buy?

zcaa0g

Banned
"Aliens on The Titanic" would have been a better movie. And Rose was a selfish bitch for taking up all of the space on the door. I wanted my 3 hours back.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Saw it yesterday. Yes, the movie is still brilliant. Pacing ist so good. First 2 hours pass like a breeze. Only the section where Rose then saves cuffed Jack drags on a bit. The rest of the movie is almost perfect. Special effects are really starting to show their age by now though.

Roufianos

Agreed. Saw it for the first time a few months back on dvd (although I must have seen it as a child) and fell in love with it. Basically made my gf go and rewatch it together in the cinema last weekend.

Absolute masterpiece 😍 definitely in my top 3 of all time.

DosGamer

The movie was fairly good, but enough of the rerelease in theaters every couple of years. I swear I feel like every 5 years they put it back out. Its like Cameron is becoming the new Lucas with the rereleases

INC

The best action film ever made.

However you’re tripping if you think it has a scene more iconic than

giphy.gif
james cameron aliens movie GIF by Aliens

Aliens is better. True Lies is better. T1 and T2 are also better. Titanic writing is the worst.

Jesus, who the hell says someone's name that much in less than a couple days knowing each other. If we got the X rated version, we probably would of heard there names twice as much.

It's not like the Avatars. Unless you're looking for it you barely notice the high framerate, and only in some scenes. It feels like 24 FPS but clear.
The motion blur is smoother when the camera pans. The framerate and blur of some special effects are fixed. There are no more mismatched elements when the ship is rising and breaking - everything runs at the same framerate and has the same blur now (water, debris, falling people).

Rien

Jelly Belly
I was too young to appreciate Kate Winslet in that at the time because she wasn't blonde with huge tits.

Now that Im an older wiser man, shes pretty hot.

I was young as well and remembered my young penis erected multiple times when Winslet appeared on screen. She’s gorgeous in this movie

Rien

Jelly Belly
James Horner's soundtrack is amazing:

My top 3 James Cameron films:

1. The Terminator
2. Titanic
3. True Lies

The soundtrack is indeed good. Honestly watching the clip gave me goosebumps a bit. Being a father of a newborn make me weak and teary eyed constantly lol.

Neff

The best disaster flick ever.

Not only that, it's an insanely good fusion of genres- you've got disaster flick, love story, period drama, and a high-tech archeological expedition, all tied up in an epic macguffin mystery, based on a true story. There's so much to it and it's all interwoven seamlessly. Somehow time absolutely flies when you're watching it despite it being 3 hours long.

Absolute masterpiece.

Top Bottom