• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got Cyberpunk 2077 for XSS

DragonNCM

Just got Cyberpunk 2077 from Microsoft store for my XSS, was on sale for 124 REAL$. Started playing the game & looks good, plays fine(framerates look like 30 to 40 FPS)
quests are interesting & globally I'm satisfy with my purchase. Was scared to get game for my PS5 because bad reviews at launch.
Wonder what are you guys thinking of it now, after several big patches.
Is it safe to purchase for PS5 ?
I need to wait for next gen upgrade?
Upgrade will be free for PS5 ?

Mr Moose

Upgrade will be free if/when it comes to next gen consoles, I'd wait before purchasing it. It looks like a blurry mess and is still buggy when I last played it on my PS5.

ManaByte

Gold Member
The X|S version has a semi-next-gen patch already where it added a performance/quality mode setting and has increased crowd density.

The PS5 version is still just the PS4 Pro version running in BC mode.

Just got Cyberpunk 2077 from Microsoft store for my XSS, was on sale for 124 REAL$. Started playing the game & looks good, plays fine(framerates look like 30 to 40 FPS)
quests are interesting & globally I'm satisfy with my purchase. Was scared to get game for my PS5 because bad reviews at launch.
Wonder what are you guys thinking of it now, after several big patches.
Is it safe to purchase for PS5 ?
I need to wait for next gen upgrade?
Upgrade will be free for PS5 ?

At the moment the game on PS5 uses the PS4 Pro mode as a base, but runs at 60fps instead. That's not too bad I guess but it is still the last gen version - then again the next gen patch has been delayed a couple of times already so ya never know when it's gonna actually arrive

I've been playing on PC and it's been fine for me, but If you don't have access to it on PC then I suppose the next gen enhanced BC versions should make a decent substitute for now

DaGwaphics

I'll pick it up on a good sale. There were a couple $20 deals at BF, but physical only. If it had been digital I would have gone for it.

When you look passed the bugs and the big promises, I've seen a lot of streamers say they enjoyed the game.

tommib

The X|S version has a semi-next-gen patch already where it added a performance/quality mode setting and has increased crowd density.

The PS5 version is still just the PS4 Pro version running in BC mode.
Wrong. The PS5 version has unlocked 60 fps. PS4 pro is locked at 30 fps.

fwiw I pre-ordered this game for xsx and had a lot of fun with it. decided to put it on hold after like 50 hours because I think it still has a lot of potential with a next gen patch. if that never ends up coming out I'll probably start a new play through and beat it

I thought it was a pretty great game, had a ton of fun with it

Last edited:

Aenima

The game was always "fine" for PS5, if you ignore the numerous bugs and ocasional crash. The real problem was the base PS4 and xbox version.
Next gen upgrades will be free.

The game has deeper problems than bugs though. And can only be fixed with a new engine or alot of work done in the current one. I still enjoyed it, but Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games of all times, my expectations for cyberpunk was not that high and i still felt disapointed.

Mozzarella

Well its a fun game, worth buying imo, on a next gen console or PC, if you value these type of games then its a good purchase.
Good quests, great looking open world, decent gameplay and can offer good immersion at most points. 3/5
Next-gen is said to come in 2-3 months but dont count on it, they can easily delay it again.

Lt.Calley

Banned
It has sp many issues that i can't be bothered to name them, but i will say this the bugs were the least of its problems.

Last edited:
Fired it up on XsX and couldn’t believe how rough it looked and immediately uninstalled it. Paid $10 for a physical copy, I’ll try again once the next gen patch arrives, probably even wait for that to be updated a few times.

Javthusiast

Banned
The only way I am gonna play it is when it eventually comes to game pass, other than that not interested to spend money on it.

Top Bottom