• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got a PS5, DualSense is pure hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidGzz

Agreed. It definitely would not determine which console to get a game on. Quick resume and more confidence in MS BC(and cross saves!)does way more for that. It's a nice little bonus for those Sony exclusives, that's it.

So its just rumble triggers that Xbox has had since the start of last gen?

It's more nuanced but not a lot better. I thought the vibrations feel pretty damn good on Fallen Order for Xbox. They compare pretty favorably really.

Last edited:

Dibils2k

you can't feel the water or the sand or the grass sensation like they said, you just feel rumble changing from frequent to
this right here is straight facts, its emberassing how every media outlet kept running with this... clearly it was just some term/line Sony gave them to repeat. I do love the triggers though, that spring suit and the arrow was really cool

Last edited:
Untitled-1.jpg

We're coming for you!

On Demand

Banned
Agreed. It definitely would not determine which console to get a game on. Quick resume and more confidence in MS BC does way more for that. It's a nice little bonus for those Sony exclusives, that's it.

So changing digital games quickly and playing years old games is more of a console seller than an actual new next generation feature that is supported by new games and clearly everybody loves?

Whatever makes you feel better man but lol.

jaysius

Banned
Pretty sure it’s the same shape.

The two are completely different. Xbox controller literally just rumbles. The DualSense......

At max resistance it’s bad, it feels like you‘re going to break it and at best it just feels like you’re depressing a spiral gear, or crushing a plastic bottle, not firing a gun.

DavidGzz

So changing digital games quickly and playing years old games is more of a console seller than an actual new next generation feature that is supported by new games and clearly everybody loves?

Whatever makes you feel better man but lol.

Yes, I love quick resume and I don't think haptics are much of a next gen feature. People are hyping it way too much. I turned off the triggers in Spiderman. More annoying that omg next gen. I do like the vibrations in Demon's Souls though. Still doesn't add as much to the experience as the graphics or load times.

I had the same feeling that the dualsense was shilled too. I bet Sony made a list of bullet-points for the reviewers and the "dualsense-feel" was a big part of it probably.

Just like how that Australian guy exposed Nintendo moneyhatting those reviewers and influencers all using the same bullet-point about how compact it was.

Last edited:
It's just a controller with another gimmick. People tend to over-hype things that aren't present on other platforms... and reviewers, tend to follow the hype along with the sheep.
If DualSense was on all controllers, nobody would give a crap.
I definitely see more Xbox guys trying to downplay something their console doesn't have. Of course, Papa Phil says he likes it and companies should copy off one another, so you guys will actually be able to like in a year or two when Xbox has an X-Sense controller.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Fancy rumble and some trigger resistance. I’ve never really thought controller rumble added much to games. The controller is ok but the extra additions feel like a gimmick to me.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
What’s the story of DualShock 4’s? You can use them for PS4 games only when using the PS5, right?

PerfectDark

Banned
It's a gimmick. First thing I would do in any fps or online game would be turn it off. Had 3x ps5s and 2 series x. Was skeptical but excited for the controller. I am thankful for fan boys who pick one system over another. I sold my PS5's and kept my series X's. Then I took my profit from PS5 and bought a Oled and dolby surround sound system and decked out a new theater room for free. Thank you fan boys. I'll pick up a PS5, to pair up with my xbox in a few months.

Had all 5 systems up locally for $1k each. PS5's sold in 15 minutes. Only low ball offers for my series X. So easy decision on what to sell and keep.

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
Having a PS5 for weeks now, I'm gonna say the dualsense is one of the best parts of next gen. Ive platinumed astrobot and still boot up the game just to experience it again.

I actively don't wanna play ps4 games anymore because they don't use it.

I've never bought a COD game, but the dualsense support makes me interested in it for the first time ever.

At the very least it's gonna make PS5 exclusives even better than before. Horizon, GT7, GOW, Uncharted I'd imagine would all use it in interesting ways.

Entroyp

Yup, It’s awesome when used properly like Astrobot. I recently booted up my PS4 and it’s so hard to go back. Sony hit it out of the park with the controller.

Last edited:

Krisprolls

Banned
It's so much a gimmick Phil Spencer already hinted at trying to copy it for the next Xbox. I guess Xbox fanboys will love it only as soon as they get their inferior copy next next gen.

It's a revolution, it makes you feel where you step in, what comes around you. Triggers improve gun feeling a lot like on CoD. Or makes you feel you're using a bow.

It's a big step up in immersion, hence the stellar reviews. And it's already used in most 3rd party games and every 1st party, so it's definitely here to stay.

Haptics and adaptive triggers are another reason to go PS5 for the multiplatform games, on top of having the best performance and visuals obviously.

Last edited:

Entroyp

It's so much a gimmick Phil Spencer already hinted at copying it for the next Xbox. I guess Xbox fanboys will love it only as soon as they get their inferior copy next next gen.

It's a revolution, it makes you feel where you step in, what comes around you. Triggers improve gun feeling a lot.

It's a big step up in immersion, hence the impressive reviews.

It's already used in most 3rd party games and every 1st party, so it's definitely here to stay.

Haptics and adaptive triggers are another reason to go PS5 for the multiplatform games, on top of having the best performance and visuals obviously.

Yup, as soon as these features are integrated to the Xbox controller they will be awesome all of a sudden.

sircaw

Banned
Well, the opening post is allowed to have his opinion. Luckily going by the massive amounts of positive feedback and hundreds if not thousands of reviews he seems to be well in the wrong on what general consensus of the controller is.

Looks like Sony will be picking up award after award with it's a fantastic design and innovation, i mean it simply blows away the competition atm.

If you don't enjoy it, that's all good, some people even eat their steak extra well done, can't please everyone all the time.

So I just got a PS5 today, I was eager to try the DualSense controller after all the great reviews it got. I didn't buy any game because I'm not willing to spend $70 on a PS3 remaster or on a PS4 game expansion, astrobot is what showcases the controller anyway. So here I am playing for about an hour and I can't understand what's with all the hype. It's like these people have never used a device with haptic feedback before. I was way more impressed with the iPhone fake home button than with this. I'm starting to believe those reviews were paid, you can't feel the water or the sand or the grass sensation like they said, you just feel rumble changing from frequent to less frequent. The triggers are ok though, not impressive in any way.

Luv it!! 🤣😂 You just bitch slapped like %95 of GAF

..bu hol' on dude!! let me grab my Lay's chips i don't wanna miss a damn thing..getting hot up in here.

jaysius

Banned
It's so much a gimmick Phil Spencer already hinted at trying to copy it for the next Xbox. I guess Xbox fanboys will love it only as soon as they get their inferior copy next next gen.
This is how corporate double speak works, you compliment the competition on something minor so that you don’t come off as a gloating asshole.

OrtizTwelve

OP is entitled to his own opinion.

OP can you comment on the handles of the new controller and how they feel in the hands. I am curious. Some people say it’s too “sharp” or whatever.

Pedro Motta

So I just got a PS5 today, I was eager to try the DualSense controller after all the great reviews it got. I didn't buy any game because I'm not willing to spend $70 on a PS3 remaster or on a PS4 game expansion, astrobot is what showcases the controller anyway. So here I am playing for about an hour and I can't understand what's with all the hype. It's like these people have never used a device with haptic feedback before. I was way more impressed with the iPhone fake home button than with this. I'm starting to believe those reviews were paid, you can't feel the water or the sand or the grass sensation like they said, you just feel rumble changing from frequent to less frequent. The triggers are ok though, not impressive in any way.
So you buy a PS5 and you hate the games?

Enjay

Banned
Tbh anyone that believed either astro playroom or the dual sense were the religious awakenings that people claim they are at this point deserve to be scammed.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Agreed. It definitely would not determine which console to get a game on. Quick resume and more confidence in MS BC(and cross saves!)does way more for that. It's a nice little bonus for those Sony exclusives, that's it.

It's more nuanced but not a lot better. I thought the vibrations feel pretty damn good on Fallen Order for Xbox. They compare pretty favorably really.

So I'm not the only one, that noticed it. I usually don't pay much attention to rumble in games, but it was really good in Jedi FO on the new Xbox controller.

DavidGzz

It's a revolution, it makes you feel where you step in, what comes around you. Triggers improve gun feeling a lot like on CoD. Or makes you feel you're using a bow.

It's a big step up in immersion, hence the stellar reviews. And it's already used in most 3rd party games and every 1st party, so it's definitely here to stay.

These head over heels takes from huge fans of anything Sony are the reason it's overhyped. Games go from an 8 to an 8.25 with it but you make it seem like it's better than when we got analog sticks. lol!

My sentiments exactly.
Even I too think the controller features are greatly exaggerated but the OP just seems like a lie.

Idk about the OP but I agree with the greatly exaggerated comment and people like Krisprolls are the reason why. A revolution! :p

this right here is straight facts, its emberassing how every media outlet kept running with this... clearly it was just some term/line Sony gave them to repeat. I do love the triggers though, that spring suit and the arrow was really cool
Thank you. I guess these people didn't read the reviews of some gaming "journalists". The sensation you get from the Dualshock is always the same, just harder or lighter, faster or slower. You don't feel one thing and then another completely different like some people said. If you haven't used any device with haptic feedback before then I guess you'll be surprised, but it's hard to believe that in 2020 this is going to be your first experience with the technology.

I respect that people are entitled to their opinions, but what I can't wrap my head around is when it doesn't align with theirs it usually cause people were paid off, or it's some kind of bullshit conspiracy thing. What if these people were just impressed and your opinion just differs?

I watch a lot of reviews and opinion pieces on a lot of stuff, I like to see a wide range of opinions and views. It helps me parse out, where I might eventually fall.

Edit: No, the PS5's haptics and triggers are not the same as the rumble and rumble triggers of the Xbox controller. They are fundamentally different types of technologies, not an opinion piece of which one is better, just facts about the two controllers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom