• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just bought a switch.

I just bought a switch, what should I play?

I got it from a friend really cheap so I couldn’t pass up in playing Nintendo games with in my opinion are the best games available always. Second would be Sony and then Microsoft.

So I just bought Breath of the wild but it will arrive until the 15. What else should I play? Is the new Pokemon any good?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Here are the games I personally enjoyed:

go676pjsug571.png
6352131_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550
s-l500.jpg
game-nintendo-fire-emblem-three-houses-switch-cover.jpg
monhunri_dx.jpg

910eMi3mDKL._AC_SY500_.jpg
bayonetta-boxarts.jpg
5rsmta8fi4i61.png
great-ace-attorney-chronicles-cover.cover_large.jpg

91bHxuDQvmL._AC_SY879_.jpg
91L40-im4BL._SY445_.jpg
81pJUhFcYqL._SY500_.jpg
81KECtiGbtL._AC_SY500_.jpg
81bGvhtiuHL._AC_SY445_.jpg

VuPkMr0bUOQoSLGdCEHl219F9fbo7v7rJInzTlXXocg.jpg
81QydOacjqL._SL1500_.jpg
81fQ6F89g4L._AC_SX466_.jpg
15wxUiB.jpg
mariorabbids-box.jpg

oQU7jRO.jpg

Ev1L AuRoN

My Switch recommendations are:

• Fire Emble Three Houses
  • Mario Odyssey
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Pokemon Arceus
  • Metroid Dread
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Astral Chain

If you love indies like me, definitely check these out:

• Hollow Knight
  • The Messenger
  • Dead Cells
  • Katana Zero
  • Blasphemous
  • The Binding of Isaac
  • Hades
  • Cup Head
  • Ori and the Blind Forest 1 & 2
  • Celeste
  • The Mummy Demastered
  • Ender Lilies
  • Darkest Dungeon

Skyward sword remake. Don't believe the haters, it's a work of art if you're attuned to what Zelda used to be about
I actually never got to play that game. That one and BOTW are the only two Zelda games I haven’t played but Nintendo games are so expensive. 60 dollars for games released 5 years ago.

Tschumi

I actually never got to play that game. That one and BOTW are the only two Zelda games I haven’t played but Nintendo games are so expensive. 60 dollars for games released 5 years ago.
I could be wrong but i don't think SS was full price, it's also cheap second hand i guess? They're just cartridges, tough things, should be okay second hand.. i recommend ss before botw incase the latter one spoils the ss gameplay for you..

V4skunk

Banned

I got it from a friend really cheap so I couldn’t pass up in playing Nintendo games with in my opinion are the best games available always. Second would be Sony and then Microsoft.

So I just bought Breath of the wild but it will arrive until the 15. What else should I play? Is the new Pokemon any good?
Xenoblade2.
Smash Bros Ultimate.
Mario Odyssey.

what are your favourite games, genres you like etcetera

Obviously play like Mario Odyssey.

You mentioned Pokemon, I'm not an expert but the vibe is sword and shield were a bit disappointing and Pokemon Legends Arecus is pretty great

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I think most of the cool ones have already been mentioned.

I enjoyed playing some indies on portable like Hollow Knight, Hyper Light Drifter, Gato Roboto or Cryp of the Necrodancer. Give those a try if you haven't already.

Zannegan

BotW is a great place to start, but it's hard to make a specific recommendation without knowing your genre(s). There's a ton to play on the system though, so you can't go far wrong just working your way through the heavy-hitters Danjin44 Danjin44 recommended (plus a few others like Splatoon 2). Outside of those...

Are you planning on playing any games in local co-op? My go-to recommendation is For the King. It's like the midpoint between a rogue-like, Mario party, and Dungeons and Dragons, which doesn't sound like it would work, but it DOES. It's probably not much fun solo, but it's a blast 1-2 friends and fam. It's an eShop game--though you can find it physically--so it's budget-friendly too.

what are your favourite games, genres you like etcetera

Obviously play like Mario Odyssey.

You mentioned Pokemon, I'm not an expert but the vibe is sword and shield were a bit disappointing and Pokemon Legends Arecus is pretty great
I haven’t played Pokémon since diamond pearl, basically anything from DS and up I haven’t touched. So I was eager to try this new Pokémon but it looks so different with the 3d aspect. Like, there’s no random battles anymore?

I haven’t played Pokémon since diamond pearl, basically anything from DS and up I haven’t touched. So I was eager to try this new Pokémon but it looks so different with the 3d aspect. Like, there’s no random battles anymore?
I haven't played a pokemon since emerald, they are so samey. But I heard about how this one has a refreshing feeling so I checked it out and I'm having a blast. You're exploring a huge world where u run around throwing pokeballs in real time trying to catch pokemanz. If that doesn't work you can throw a pokemon and battle them instead. Battles are initiated in real time, but then take place turn based. No randoms, no delay to load a battle after starting it and you can always avoid battles unless they're story related. Visually it badly wants to be breath of the wild and has a style that is similar but it's artistically and technically inferior. It looks good at times though.

I think the game is really good but I haven't pokemon in so long I don't feel burned out by any of it, and all the new features seem great. I'm still less than halfway through the game tho

Last edited:
Top Bottom