• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jussie Smollett Sentenced to 150 Days in Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
You answered your own question.

A lot of those tweets in his defense aged like rotten milk. Several of them were from high profile people -- even from politicians, some of who currently hold some of the highest offices in this land.
If true, terrible incentive, Unless Smollet forgot for the longest time that he was living in America.

AmuroChan

Racial lying should send your ass flying with no denying.

I never found the reason for why he even orchestrated this, outside of being unhappy with Empire or being mentally unwell?

Like, you are an actor, you make decent dough, have a decent life... where in this whole shitshow was there an incentive to make a crime, let alone a hate crime, against oneself?

To fuel the US racial divide a little more? Jussie, the US really didn't need you for that.

Honestly, what was the incentive?

Nobody knew who this guy was when he was just an actor on Empire. Overnight he became a household name and a hero to the left. Had he not gotten caught, he would've been celebrated for the rest of his life and have the leverage to make way more money both within and outside of Hollywood. He'd be invited on every liberal news outlets, talk shows, he could negotiate any book deal he wants, he'd be speaking at the DNC during every election cycle, etc.

mortal

Gold Member
Can't even say that I'm surprised.

unnamed-7.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Apparently if you're a celebrity you are somehow above the law. What a joke.
Money buys best lawyers.

A shame since a good legal team can work wonders. You'd think crime and punishment would be something different than a rich guy buying the best TV on the market. But they kind of seem the same. More money you got to spend, the better the outcome.

HoodWinked

Hopefully this letting him out on appeals backfires as evidence that courts were extremely fair and followed all procedures so that the actual appeal results in an even greater sentence length.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I doubt he has much money left - career is nonexistent, no sponsors, and legal representation in the US costs a lot.

His family ? I mean most of his siblings have businesses and Jurnee is working actor who is well respected in the industry... Ever since Eve's Bayou. Maybe not HIS wealth but family wealth? I dunno.

Boss Mog

So this piece of shit douchebag only served 6 days of a 5 month sentence? He's still not even man enough to admit to the charges and repent; his punishment should be increased, not cancelled. Talk about privilege...

Fbh

Lol so after all the drama he did pretending they were going to have him killed in jail he is out after 6 days?

This is beyond best lawyers. This is typical corruption and connections that place is well known for.

Even cheap lawyers could have summited the same language, and if you're not who you are or connected to, they'd stamp it DENIED.

To be fair an expensive lawyer probably also has the connections to ensure it doesn't get denied.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Detroit Subways shops and variety stores can have bulletproof glass at the front counter. You speak to the clerks through a tiny speaker holes and to pay money and get your food involves a rotating counter window.

Seen it myself. Crazy. My buddies and I are like... WTF?

jason10mm

Gold Member
Actually, one can argue that telling a 5-year-old that other kids are sexually attracted to other same sex kids and that you can transfor into your opposite sex can be ending up confusing the kid and have them with a fucking identity crisis by the beginning of their poverty and that's when you hear of some kids changing sex, and getting injected with hormones.

Behind those kids, there are pieces of shit adults and activists, grooming and indoctrinating these kids with their BS.
My 5 year old is pretty convinced that she is a unicorn, a mermaid, a robot, or a dog any random day of the week. Telling them about liking boys or girls or being a boy or a girl is just dumb. I want my kids to be taught that they shouldn't be touched in the swim suit areas and to tell an adult if they are, that's about it for sexuality.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
My 5 year old is pretty convinced that she is a unicorn, a mermaid, a robot, or a dog any random day of the week. Telling them about liking boys or girls or being a boy or a girl is just dumb. I want my kids to be taught that they shouldn't be touched in the swim suit areas and to tell an adult if they are, that's about it for sexuality.

You really think kids don't know if they like someone? I knew i liked girls when i was in preschool! No one had to tell me about that.

And kids are indoctrinated in romance pretty early... Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Snow White or any number of fairy tales.

A lot. He was trying to get a race riot started and be the center of attention for his movie, the one playing inside of his head.

I think he, more so, was trying to get everyone to tamp down on Trump supporters by blaming his "attack" ( LMBO! ) on Some random Trump supporter. Not a random white person or a STRING of white people.

jason10mm

Gold Member
You really think kids don't know if they like someone? I knew i liked girls when i was in preschool! No one had to tell me about that.

And kids are indoctrinated in romance pretty early... Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Snow White or any number of fairy tales.
But do you think public elementary schools should address it? Is human sexuality and all of its perceived variations a worthwhile discussion topic for 6-9 year olds?

I'd say that NO IT IS NOT. And to argue otherwise is straight up malicious. Kids say and do all sorts of crazy things at those ages. You say you liked girls, but I bet you also liked a person or thing at that age that you would not prefer now. Kids grow and change, and that age especially its insane to try to consolidate their thoughts around sexual matters.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
But do you think public elementary schools should address it? Is human sexuality and all of its perceived variations a worthwhile discussion topic for 6-9 year olds?

I'd say that NO IT IS NOT. And to argue otherwise is straight up malicious. Kids say and do all sorts of crazy things at those ages. You say you liked girls, but I bet you also liked a person or thing at that age that you would not prefer now. Kids grow and change, and that age especially its insane to try to consolidate their thoughts around sexual matters.

Who said anything about discussing it?

Saying that someone has two dads or two moms is stating a reality. Not discussing where a penis goes or what a vagina can take.

Seriously, the fact your mind went THERE is weird... From what I've read, the mere mention of someone having two parents of the same sex or reading a fairy tale with two protagonists of the same sex who live happily ever after is verboten with some of these laws. It isn't "teaching sexuality" any more than reading about a man and a woman who live happily ever after or someone having a mom and a dad.

Edit: and i used to like sandwiches with all kinds of condiments on them... I don't like those things anymore. I also never liked boys.

Do you think being gay or whatever is a choice?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom