• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JURASSIC WORLD viral websites launch; trailer Thanksgiving Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonic

So they can't leave well enough alone and then comes the running and screaming?

That's the premise of the film, right?

Park is successful since 2005, entire incident of Jurassic Park is seemingly buried. Running smoothly for several years, presumably, and then shit goes down.

Successful park aspect allows for things like rides, water sections with awesome creatures, restaurants, etc.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Looking great!

I need the trailer though D:

Park is successful since 2005, entire incident of Jurassic Park is seemingly buried. Running smoothly for several years, presumably, and then shit goes down.

Successful park aspect allows for things like rides, water sections with awesome creatures, restaurants, etc.
So the new park was under construction during the events of JP3? Does that mean Isla Sorna is still off limits as a nature preserve?

So the new park was under construction during the events of JP3? Does that mean Isla Sorna is still off limits as a nature preserve?

Probably not during unless it's officially confirmed somewhere when the events of that movie take place. Movie came out in 2001. Though I guess it's possible that construction began right around then.

This is seems like a really natural step forward for the plot. Really liking everything I'm seeing so far. The fact that this and Star Wars are both seeming to be doing the right things as far as sequels go is beyond surprising.

This is seems like a really natural step forward for the plot. Really liking everything I'm seeing so far. The fact that this and Star Wars are both seeming to be doing the right things as far as sequels go is beyond surprising.

And they both come out next year. I can't.

Aaaaaah, I know! Shit's going down.

SW and JP were like, my thing growing up. That all this is happening at the same time makes me incredibly happy. We hit those rough patches with the prequels and JP sequels but I think the stars are about to be re-aligned. Call me hopeful, but I have a good feeling about both. Jurassic World itself doesn't just feel, so far, like a random sequel with your typical "someone got stuck on the damn island again" plot, but rather something fresh while upholding continuity.

With SW, I'm pretty sure everyone involved doesn't want a repeat of the prequels.

mOGEaJD.jpg

Oh hey.

The man doesn't age.

pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood

Right there with ya.

SW and JP were like, my thing growing up. That all this is happening at the same time makes me incredibly happy. We hit those rough patches with the prequels and JP sequels but I think the stars are about to be re-aligned. Call me hopeful, but I have a good feeling about both. Jurassic World itself doesn't just feel, so far, like a random sequel with your typical "someone got stuck on the damn island again" plot, but rather something fresh while upholding continuity.

With SW, I'm pretty sure everyone involved doesn't want a repeat of the prequels.
Yeah, it really seems like both franchises have really listened to fans regarding the unpopular sequels and are really nailing their approaches to these new films. I'm saying this without seeing any footage, but every time something gets announced for one of them, it's always something great.

I hope they have a coupon day!
Haha, that would be an amazing callback.

Can anyone explain to me how Colin Trevorrow landed the job of directed this?

I really like the Apes films, so I have no problem with Jaffa and Silver writing, but the director of Safety Not Guaranteed and little else seems such a weird choice to me. I feel a bit worried about what the look and feel of the film with be :-/

I really like the Apes films, so I have no problem with Jaffa and Silver writing, but the director of Safety Not Guaranteed and little else seems such a weird choice to me. I feel a bit worried about what the look and feel of the film with be :-/

Definitely an interesting choice, but Jaffa and Silver only wrote an early draft as far as I know; Trevorrow and one of his writing partners came in and revamped the script into Jurassic World. No telling what it was before that. Huge "blockbusters" like this are definitely a bigger undertaking than a smaller film like Safety, but it was shot, edited, written and acted very well. It actually makes me more excited that they gave directing duties to someone like Trevorrow instead of someone obvious and going by interviews he really wants to nail it.

Wait, didn't you say it was more scientifically accurate? They added the crest, but where's the notch on the skull between the premax and the maxilla? Even JP3 retained the notch.

Here I thought Jurassic Park was very interested in continuity.
I'm thinking that's supposed to be Suchomimus, not Spinosaurus. Suchomimus was on the prop pamphlet thing.

Definitely an interesting choice, but Jaffa and Silver only wrote an early draft as far as I know; Trevorrow and one of his writing partners came in and revamped the script into Jurassic World. No telling what it was before that. Huge "blockbusters" like this are definitely a bigger undertaking than a smaller film like Safety, but it was shot, edited, written and acted very well. It actually makes me more excited that they gave directing duties to someone like Trevorrow instead of someone obvious and going by interviews he really wants to nail it.

Yeah I think it is an interesting choice certainly, I'm just a bit worried about the look and film of the film. I guess we'll know when we see the trailer.

I'm thinking that's supposed to be Suchomimus, not Spinosaurus. Suchomimus was on the prop pamphlet thing.

Nope, it's a Spino. In fact, I think it is supposed to be THE Spino.

They tried to adopt modern science while retaining the face of the JP3 look it seems. I have seen some other pics, the sail is more pronounced than this suggests.

Those neural spines are waaaaaaaaay too tall to be Suchimimus. Not to mention Suchimimus would have had the same notch on the skull with no nasal crest.

Honestly, should we even be surprised this movie don't care about the dinosaurs?

strafer

hooly shit

10 days

i cant

i cant

i cant

i cant

i cant

i cant

i cant

i cant

i cant

i cant

i cant

i cant

10 days

I cant :(

After the unfortunate incident at Jurassic Park, Dr. Henry Wu returned to Isla Nublar in November of 1994 to assist the clean up teams in cataloging specimen numbers, and to identify exactly how the animals were breeding. Despite the island’s presence of seemingly same sex animals, it was the inclusion of amphibian DNA which he himself had underestimated. Dr. Wu noted that the inclusion of DNA sequences from several species of amphibians including the Common Reed Frog (Hyperolius viridiflavus) adapted extremely well to the cloned DNA of the dinosauria - eventually enabling the animals to change their sex through a chemical trigger which disintegrated the female organs to create male sex organs. dat Wu

When people are crying for feathersaurs, they always forget this. The Dinosaurs were created with a mix of amphibian DNA. Hence why they got no feathers, they were designed that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom