• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World Dominion - Official Trailer

Bombolone

Gold Member
Movie was average. Goldblum is a gem.
Some parts really stretched what the audience (I) was supposed to believe.

Reading this thread, I am interested to see a directors cut as well.

Tieno

Saw it in the cinema. The movie was really bad, it's all over the place, it's like "here we go again...." An uninteresting, badly told, uncreative story. The black woman is indeed very beautiful. The kind of face you instantly notice. So much so that it took me out of the movie. Might be too pretty for the character? But maybe that's a dumb complaint. I'll happily suspend my disbelief for that.

Last edited:

Stuart360

What the hell was this movie?. I mean i like stupid movies, but this movie was just so stupid and weird in parts.
Fucking awful.

Ratings for me -

Jurassic Park 9
The Lost World 8
Jurassic Park 3 7

Jurassic World 7
Fallen Kingdom 4
Dominion 3.

Just let it stay dead now, at least for 10 years or so.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Wow. The reviews for this film were worse than expected.

I'll watch it when it appears on streaming.

However, I need to know, do they my girl the Dilophosaurus justice?

Also, does the end set up further sequels?

Vick

Jurassic Park 9
The Lost World 8
Jurassic Park 3 7

Jurassic World 7
Fallen Kingdom 4
Dominion 3.
If we're doing ratings.. personal enjoyment:

Jurassic Park (Original 35mm, Cinema DTS version): 10
Jurassic Park 3D: 10
Jurassic Park (Home-Video version): 8
The Lost World - Jurassic Park: 8.5
Jurassic Park III: 6
Jurassic World: 6
Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom: 6
Jurassic World - Dominion: 6

Objective:

Jurassic Park (Original 35mm version): 9
The Lost World - Jurassic Park: 7
Jurassic Park III: 5
Jurassic World: 5
Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom: 4.5
Jurassic World - Dominion: 4.5

I have to say though, Bayona is a much better director than Trevorrow is. The former is an actual, talented artist while the latter is absolutely not.

Wow. The reviews for this film were worse than expected.
Audience liked it overall.

3S2LKLO.png

However, I need to know, do they my girl the Dilophosaurus justice?
Sort of. I don't like the design of it compared to the original, but it's in more than one scene. And:

More than one.

Yes.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
Yes and no?

It ends the story in the sense there's nothing more to really say about thr established characters. No cliff hangers or anything.

More then anything is says "so this is the world now". Do I suppose that if you find some decent storytellers you could cook up any sort of stories in it.

sol_bad

I don't understand all the hate this film gets. And the reactions to the reviews I don't get. When a movie rates high critically and low for audiences the internet is like "fuck critics, they don't know what they are talking about". Then if a movie rates low from critics the internet listens and doesn't see it at the cinemas.

Movie is fun, I suggest people look at the audience score.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
It's nonsensical science fiction garbage with snappy Joss Wheedon quips, shameless beating over the head references to the first movie and bad CGI. The common consumer are just blind NPCs who don't wanna use their brain.

Kimahri

Banned
It's nonsensical science fiction garbage with snappy Joss Wheedon quips, shameless beating over the head references to the first movie and bad CGI. The common consumer are just blind NPCs who don't wanna use their brain.

Get over yourself. Calling people npc for wanting to just enjoy a spectacle for a couple of hours is self entitled bullshit at its most pitiful.

You're not better than us, you just like different shit.

I have no doubts I could pick out the turds among the things you like with ease, but I have no need to do that. I have enough respect for both myself and others to not feel the need to lord my own subjective opinions over others like some king in an ivory tower.

So if all you're here to do is put people down for finding some enjoyment in a movie, why not just leave and spend your time on things you actually enjoy?

Grow up.

sol_bad

Well the majority of us are blind NPC's. Chances are 80% of people on this forum will enjoy it but just won't bother posting about it.
And it's CGI is far from bad, some of the dino's who are on screen for 20 seconds aren't the best ever but still look better than the dino's who are on screen for 20 seconds in the original film. It makes sense, why would you blow your budget on 20 seconds of screen time? The Rex, raptors, feathered dino on ice chicken dino with claws and the apex dino all look great.

Kimahri

Banned
Well the majority of us are blind NPC's. Chances are 80% of people on this forum will enjoy it but just won't bother posting about it.
And it's CGI is far from bad, some of the dino's who are on screen for 20 seconds aren't the best ever but still look better than the dino's who are on screen for 20 seconds in the original film. It makes sense, why would you blow your budget on 20 seconds of screen time? The Rex, raptors, feathered dino on ice chicken dino with claws and the apex dino all look great.

The Therizinosaurus sequence was some of the best shit I've seen in a long time. Cgi was great, but more than that, it was directed really well. I just wished there was a bit more build up. Everything happened so fast and I wanted more time to dwell on the various encounters.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Get over yourself. Calling people npc for wanting to just enjoy a spectacle for a couple of hours is self entitled bullshit at its most pitiful.

You're not better than us, you just like different shit.

I have no doubts I could pick out the turds among the things you like with ease, but I have no need to do that. I have enough respect for both myself and others to not feel the need to lord my own subjective opinions over others like some king in an ivory tower.

So if all you're here to do is put people down for finding some enjoyment in a movie, why not just leave and spend your time on things you actually enjoy?

Grow up.
You seem pretty mad for someone who could just say "I like it but it's bad." And if that's the case fair enough.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
You seem pretty mad for someone who could just say "I like it but it's bad." And if that's the case fair enough.

Ah yes "are you mad?" :pie_eyeroll:

No, I'm not mad. I'm just tired people who think mocking others for what they like and do is somehow some high level of critical thinking. And I did like it. I'll watch it again since it flew by and I had lots of fun. Doesn't stop me from poiting out how I think it could have been improved. I'll watch this again over any super hero movie or another piece of modern Star Wars, easily.

i saw the movie, and its basically fan service to the very first movie. The movie is not awful, but it was not that great either especially since the story-plot was just pointless.

Last edited:
The Therizinosaurus sequence was some of the best shit I've seen in a long time. Cgi was great, but more than that, it was directed really well. I just wished there was a bit more build up. Everything happened so fast and I wanted more time to dwell on the various encounters.

The Therizinosaurus was presented in the movie as a very strange and mysterious creature. I wish more was done to explain this dinosaur especially from the evolutionary perspective utilizing the characters to explain why it had such a strange appearance. The first movie had lots of dialogue on the characters scientific fascination on dinosaur evolution, but sadly was not implemented in this final movie

Last edited:

isual

watched it via cam. it wasn't good. even the fight at the end was pathetic. i suppose the only good thing was bringing the original trio, but that was pretty much the selling part of the movie. glad i didn't pay for it.

Kimahri

Banned
The Therizinosaurus was presented in the movie as a very strange and mysterious creature. I wish more was done to explain this dinosaur especially from the evolutionary perspective utilizing the characters to explain why it had such a strange appearance. The first movie had lots of dialogue on the characters scientific fascination on dinosaur evolution, but sadly was not implemented in this final movie
Yeah, absolutely, and there lies my biggest gripe with thr movie. It is basically just a series of events strung together. It was fun, but would have been a lot better with more substance.

If they'd kept the length, but replaced half thr dinosaur encounters with more exposition I think it would have improved a lot.

Bragr

Banned
Yeah, this is a movie for people who think jackass is fun and hates story in movies. I just wanna be EnTERtainED. They could have a potato come alive and create a village of potatoes and it wouldn't seem out of place.

Konnor

I don't understand all the hate this film gets. And the reactions to the reviews I don't get. When a movie rates high critically and low for audiences the internet is like "fuck critics, they don't know what they are talking about". Then if a movie rates low from critics the internet listens and doesn't see it at the cinemas.

The audience score is a 6 out of 10 on imdb, the movie is average at best. RT manipulates and deletes ratings to appease their Hollywood masters.

Kimahri

Banned
The audience score is a 6 out of 10 on imdb, the movie is average at best. RT manipulates and deletes ratings to appease their Hollywood masters.
Got an A- cinemascore, so just goes to show there is no default answer.

People have differing opinions. Shocker, who knew?

sol_bad

What's your point? Jurassic Park 2, Jurassic Park 3, and the 3 Jurassic World movies all sit at about a 6. So if anyone enjoyed any of the last 4 films chances are they'll have fun with this.

Tams

For the budgets films like this have, you'd at least think they'd try to get some good writers on board.

Yes, I know most good storylines have been covered, most incredibly well by at least one film or show. And therefore acting, cinematography, editting, etc. all play bigger roles. But damn

Even big dumb action films can do this. I mean, see Top Gun: Maverick. Yeah, the story is by the numbers and not even that good. But damn, they nailed a lot of the other aspects.

This... just a better story would have helped it immensely. Or better CGI or some puppetry/animatronics. Instead they leant heavily on the old trio, Pratt, DeWanda, nostalgia, and quips. But that wasn't really enough.

dr_octagon

Banned
For the budgets films like this have, you'd at least think they'd try to get some good writers on board.

Yes, I know most good storylines have been covered, most incredibly well by at least one film or show. And therefore acting, cinematography, editting, etc. all play bigger roles. But damn

Even big dumb action films can do this. I mean, see Top Gun: Maverick. Yeah, the story is by the numbers and not even that good. But damn, they nailed a lot of the other aspects.

This... just a better story would have helped it immensely. Or better CGI or some puppetry/animatronics. Instead they leant heavily on the old trio, Pratt, DeWanda, nostalgia, and quips. But that wasn't really enough.
Stupidity uh... finds a ... way

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
watched it via cam. it wasn't good. even the fight at the end was pathetic. i suppose the only good thing was bringing the original trio, but that was pretty much the selling part of the movie. glad i didn't pay for it.
Can't say I've ever enjoyed an action movie I've watched on a cam rip. Hard to get immersed in the spectacle when the video quality sucks.

Last edited:

dr_octagon

Banned
I could write a better story for a lot of these modern sequels and I'm a certified idiot.

I have a certificate and everything but they got my name wrong on it, they called me 'HP Test Print' when my name is actually Xerox.

Smiggs

I saw it on Friday, and definitely didn't love it. but I didn't hate it, either. It just seemed... boring? One of the things that really stood out to me was Owen almost acted as some sort of comedic relief in the first two movies, but he had virtually no impact in that regard in this film. His character almost felt flat. Goldbloom, on the other hand, really shined in this and did a fantastic job as Ian.

I really don't understand why they went the route they did, and where the movie ultimately ended up location wise. I thought the whole point of Fallen Kingdom was to set the stage for dinosaurs to be everywhere, yet they spend over half of the movie in a remote location??? I just wanted to see dinosaurs and people trying to coexist for 2 hours, I don't even need a damn story! Who the fuck green lit this script?!

Overall, movie looked pretty good, and the dinos looked pretty awesome in most scenes, and the CGI is a pretty big step up from the first Jurassic World. It wasn't nearly as well directed or as good looking as Fallen Kingdom, though. I suppose Bayona was able to actually polish a turd. :pie_roffles:

Tams

I could write a better story for a lot of these modern sequels and I'm a certified idiot.

I have a certificate and everything but they got my name wrong on it, they called me 'HP Test Print' when my name is actually Xerox.
Sold.

When's the premiere? Ah, screw that, I'll only be able to afford to go to a matinée.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
What a shitshow of a movie. The ham fisted dialogue and horrific acting from Laura Dern just had me eyeroll every other line.

Oh, and when the redhead clotheslines a raptor?! Who did they make this movie for, exactly?

Renoir

the movie was fun. Especially if u don't go in with the old boomer mentality. My son a dino fanatic loved it. It made me realize these movies aren't made for me anymore. All I could think of is how stupid some of these characters were, or how scenes were just added for no reason. ( the assistant to Tim Cook walks in , stare at him , say some words drop the mic and walk out) the movie would have been the same if that scene was not there and there were plenty more.
That asian chick "Santos" totally reminded me of the Syndrom assistant in Incredibles.Both fine AF.

The action scenes were really fun too watch. But I was reminded all the time why they don't shoot the Dinos? Are they bulletproof? I also liked all the call backs. It was fun. I had a counter in my head of how many and what movie the scenes were taken from. Dont go see this movie in the theaters wanting to see some masterpiece. Stream it. But if you have kids. You liked the old school movies and the new ones. This is a fun movie.
I don't think no dino movie is ever going to reach the grandiose spectacle that was the original.

Last edited:

Konnor

Please don't compare yourself to Hollywood, no matter how dumb you think you are I can guarantee that they're far, far dumber. You cannot even compete, I'm sorry.

dr_octagon

Banned
Please don't compare yourself to Hollywood, no matter how dumb you think you are I can guarantee that they're far, far dumber. You cannot even compete, I'm sorry.
This is offensive and incorrect.

I once stopped and didn't go into a road because the sign said 30. I thought this was the minimum IQ to drive there.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
My thoughts after watching it yesterday:

In the near distant future, Tim Apple is using an extinct species of giant locust to threaten the world’s food supply, and there are also dinosaurs. If you think this sounds like piss poor sci-fi fan fiction, you should try sitting through all two hours and twenty-six minutes of Jurassic World: Dominion.

The film feels like it's running on fumes and characters from previous entries are brought back to add some bit of life to this out of ideas franchise.

All the CGI dinosaurs feel weightless and lack heft, while some of the smaller practical effect dinosaurs are fantastic and when actors interact with them it feels genuine.

Thankfully Bryce Dallas Howard (who is the best thing in this film) has finally ditched the high heels and now runs in flat sole boots. So we can chalk that up to character progress.

All the legacy actors are simply walking through the paces like a band that have become a tribute act to themselves. Chris Pratt plays the one character he seems to always plays these days, so earlier performances in films like Moneyball just make me think that he is wasting his acting potential purely to cash in with different variations of his Star-Lord character.

When I was eleven I saw the first Jurassic Park at the cinema and was in awe at everything, from the concept to continually asking myself during it "how did they do that?" It sparked a cinematic fire inside me. Dominion will not do this for any eleven-year-old, if anything it could do the opposite.

Kimahri

Banned
When I was eleven I saw the first Jurassic Park at the cinema and was in awe at everything, from the concept to continually asking myself during it "how did they do that?" It sparked a cinematic fire inside me. Dominion will not do this for any eleven-year-old, if anything it could do the opposite.

Sounded like quite the opposite when I left the theater friday.

Star-Lord

Jurassic World was great, but solely relied on nostalgia to pull in the viewers.

Fallen Kingdom was just goddamn awful.

Dominion was...something else. And not in a good way.

I've never used the term 'hate' when describing my liking of a movie, but that's the only word that comes to mind.

I'm so glad I didn't pay to see it.

Sybrix

Jurassic World was great, but solely relied on nostalgia to pull in the viewers.

Fallen Kingdom was just goddamn awful.
These are my feelings on the Jurassic World films.

Fallen kingdom was so bad and after seeing Dominion trailers, it looks just as bad if not worse than fallen kingdom.

I'll wait till it comes to stream somewhere.

Kimahri

Banned
These are my feelings on the Jurassic World films.

Fallen kingdom was so bad and after seeing Dominion trailers, it looks just as bad if not worse than fallen kingdom.

I'll wait till it comes to stream somewhere.
It's much better than Fallen Kingdom imo. I did not enjoy Fallen Kingdom, but had a lot of fun with Dominion. Has flaws definitely, but a good movie going experience.

Sybrix

It's much better than Fallen Kingdom imo. I did not enjoy Fallen Kingdom, but had a lot of fun with Dominion. Has flaws definitely, but a good movie going experience.

One of the things that made The Lost World bad was the stupid T-Rex in a city scenes.

The story in Fallen Kingdom was idiotic, again the various scenes at that house was goofy asf.

In the trailers for Dominion, i saw lots of dinosaurs in towns and cities, it's just too wacky for me.

One of the things that made Jurassic Park glorious was its believability, these Jurraissic World films, particularly Fallen Kingdom and Dominion just destroys that and makes them unwatchable for me.

Kimahri

Banned
One of the things that made The Lost World bad was the stupid T-Rex in a city scenes.

The story in Fallen Kingdom was idiotic, again the various scenes at that house was goofy asf.

In the trailers for Dominion, i saw lots of dinosaurs in towns and cities, it's just too wacky for me.

One of the things that made Jurassic Park glorious was its believability, these Jurraissic World films, particularly Fallen Kingdom and Dominion just destroys that and makes them unwatchable for me.
Yeah, I hear you. But if you've first got dinosaurs brought back, them ending up elsewhere is less far fetched than them being there in the first place.

Kinda agree about The Lost World. I found the Rex rampage pretty fun, but the whole part on the island is just so good, and then it just turns into a godzilla movie suddenly.

Top Bottom