• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic Park Horror FPS Game in the Works

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
QKWLPzd_d.webp

finishing-salt-maldon.gif

I would think this would be much more on the 'action' side of the equation than the 'horror' side, which is a bit of a shame if it's the Alien Isolation devs.

I would think a big budget Jurassic Park licensed game would have to go in that direction to get greenlit. I guess I could be wrong about that, and hope I am.

Also, insert obligatory "clevaah guurll" here

Last edited:

dbilyliker

There is no proof that dinosaurs are bald, and it's too bad that all the movies and games portray dinosaurs the same way

Dacon

Banned
Jurassic Park Horror game is a fantastic idea, forcing in an open world, or fps gameplay not so much.

Third person game about some normie trying to escape the park during a Dino outbreak would be pretty cool.

sircaw

Banned
You got the kitchen scene, locks Raptor in the fridge,
The hunting scene, Clever girl,
I need to restore power scene/ generator scene, movie
The open the gate scene with Ellie,
The boat scene with the trex swimming underwater from the book
The baby trex scene where the car breaks down?
Compy scene chasing and killing John Hammond? cant remember, it's a long time since i read the book.
Kids locked in the office scene. trying to close the door.

Probably a lot more than that, but those are the ones that stand out to me.

alot of material to use it seems. :messenger_grinning:

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Disappointing. I would kill for a non-violet dino game in first person where I get to just explore. Pokemon Snap but with real dinosaurs and PS5/XB level graphics. Setting bait to get the right show, hiding in the trees etc. That's definitely up there in my top 5 dream games. Someone do it please.

Last edited:

gamer82

Fingers cross for an adventure game or fps in the Jurassic world.

i'm quite shocked we haven't had a game n this style so far sInce they started doing the movies again .

Reatime strategy things are not for

Mad See Ya GIF by chelsiekenyon

I just want to explore the world , either fps or tomb raider/ uncharted style .

I mean I guess Sony / xbo don't like making money

Last edited:

FR1908

I can't believe there isn't a single publisher/studio investing in a high-end game in this genre. Imagine the best first person shooter with these clever prehistoric beasts. There are so many different situations you can create with these different animals and their own pros and cons. Even a third-person game would be great. Imagine the city of The Last of Us 2 where a T-rex can appear on every street corner. Or a group of velociraptors in one of the buildings instead of those moldy people. I would buy it!

The last game that did well (as a whole and not because of dinosaurs) was the 360 version of King Kong. Come on Capcom, give us Dino Crisis '24 to look forward to.

Kimahri

Banned
I think with Dinosaurs now roaming the mainland, that opens up a lot of possibilities for games. Depending on how Dominions takes the series, you could pretty much just cook up any kind of story as an excude for running around in a worlf full of dinosaurs.

All I want is a beautiful big world full of dinosaurs. I don't want to just run and hide, I want ro come through the trees and me awestruck by the sight of a pack of dinosaurs of various species just roaming about.

I don't get how this is so hard. It writes it self. The gameplay is self explanatory.

Star-Lord

It’s made (reportedly) by the team behind Alien Isolation, so that’s something. I’ll need to see some gameplay before I can pass judgement.

VulcanRaven

This would be great but I'm going to be very suprised if it has lots of gore. I hope its true.

Last edited:

Nigel

Wtf is a “t-Rex” lookalike?
The last few films have had some kinda modified dinosaurs. I think one was mixed with raptors and a T. rex? Anyway, I assume this means that we’ll have a main big dinosaur that we can’t kill and it’ll chase the player - like Resident Evil 3 or Alien Isolation.

Fahdis

i hope we play as her in the game , kicking dinos into extinction

gk83ZyFp-600x338.gif

Oh for fucks sake... this was the moment the whole damn franchise was ruined and never recovered from. To think this little feather had the momentum and weight to kick off a 500-700 pound Raptor. 65 Million years of Animal instinct lost to being a dolt just standing there. Fuck this scene, my childhood was robbed.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Oh for fucks sake... this was the moment the whole damn franchise was ruined and never recovered from. To think this little feather had the momentum and weight to kick off a 500-700 pound Raptor. 65 Million years of Animal instinct lost to being a dolt just standing there. Fuck this scene, my childhood was robbed.
The bit with the raptors running next to the bike ruined it for me.

I remember being in the cinema and saying out loud, What the fuck is this.

Top Bottom