• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Xbox Update – Reveal Secret Achievements Anywhere You Play on Xbox (Is this a good thing?)

TrackZ

IMO, secret achievements was one the dumbest ideas that came with achievements to begin with. All they are is a PITA. Good riddance. I wish there was just a global settings toggle to disable them all in one click.

Topher

Gold Member
No i would like people to not care about stupid meaningless achievements attach to your virtual gamer profile that don't mean jack shit that all

80627255.jpg

Last edited:

oldergamer

About freaking time, it was a thing on Playstation since the PS3. And it's optional, so nothing is lost for people that don't want to see it. It definitely saves the time googling it if you want to complete a game.
Secret achievements have been around since xbox 360. If anyone played Blue Dragon, you would see most were secrets. being able to reveal them I guess is something they didn't have.

Last edited:
No clue why it took them this long to do it. It's such a simple thing too that doesn't seem to take a lot of time core/impmement. A fucking toggle.

I love achievements and trophies, but they need to introduce something more interesting when you hit 100% on a base game. The gamerscore isn't enough.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
No clue why it took them this long to do it. It's such a simple thing too that doesn't seem to take a lot of time core/impmement. A fucking toggle.

I love achievements and trophies, but they need to introduce something more interesting when you hit 100% on a base game. The gamerscore isn't enough.

I would be much more likely to play games on Xbox if they had something like a Platinum trophy rather than only play games that are on Game Pass.

johnjohn

Secret achievements really should only be used for story spoilers. This is good because now I won't have to use google to see what they are.

Markio128

It’s a good thing - I sometimes use it for secret trophies - but only once I have completed a game, to avoid spoilers.

Top Bottom