• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journalist have already got the upcoming Famitsu magazine.(That "SEGA-related" one)

Translation:
We have got the Famitsu magazine, and saw what is *so-called "huge scoop". But because of NDA, we are not sharing it until June 4th, when the magazine will be avaliable. BUT WE CAN SAY that the "news" is not the same as the rumor(They didn't say which one or which ones), but it's indeed SEGA-related, and have nothing to do with Microsoft.(Of course if it's a game, it may well be on XSX, when thay say "have nothing to do", thay probably meant the news is not a reveal of a relationship between SEGA and MS or something like that.)

*I DO WANT TO BE CLEAR WITH the "SO-CALLED" part. In chinese, when we say "所谓的", usually we mean "so-called", which we don't agree with whatever it is. BUT in some cases, "所谓的" can also be translated to just "SAID", an indicator of a quotation.
AiXRYSM.png

UPDATE: A journalist who is working for "篝火营地" comment on SEGA's news.
Translation:
Told you when the news came out last week: 1. If it's really a "BIG NEWS", we would already know that, it's internet age now, nothing keeps secret. 2. If there is something that is going to change the industry, it wouldn't be done by Japanese.(Well that is racist, we'll see how that one turned out.)
But he is basically confirm that the news is no big deal(To him).
Q0asfaX.jpg

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
My ccp chinese translation says: the famitus scope is, yes related to sega, has nothing to do with MS and none of the rumors and speculations out now are correct.

Who is this fellow? I mean if you have the mag, just scan it and leak it like good China leaks, what nda? lol 🤷‍♀️

Sometimes the internet hype machine is a groan-inducing circlejerk. Example: see OP.
I'm not circlejerking, just translating, and the media in the picture is a qualified one, it's the official partner of Polygon、IGN、gameinformer in china. It do official translation for IGN and others.
fLsQIJm.jpg

My ccp chinese translation says: the famitus scope is, yes related to sega, has nothing to do with MS and none of the rumors and speculations out now are correct.

Who is this fellow? I mean if you have the mag, just scan it and leak it like good China leaks, what nda? lol 🤷‍♀️
Isn't that what I translated, but a little bit difference?
For the rumor they did say "部分", which is "part of", so I didn't translate it as "none of the rumors and speculations out now are correct."

Last edited:

It's the official partner of Polygon、IGN、gameinformer in china. It do official translation for IGN and others.

ManaByte

I don't see a chance that sony will put something exciting on Famitsu but not on other platforms like wired

But it’s not Sony. It’s Sega and they could give it to the mag, but not allow it to be seen until after the PS5 reveal. That happens all the time.

But it’s not Sony. It’s Sega and they could give it to the mag, but not allow it to be seen until after the PS5 reveal. That happens all the time.

And SEGA is sitting on tons of IP which are highly valuable to the Japanese market in particular. Western nerds will get the news anyway. If I were Sony and wanted to make a push for the Japanese market, I'd make sure to publish a corresponding announcement in a mag like Famitsu.

UnNamed

Banned
I was 9 or 10 when I said to my friends I had an arcade like console capable of running every arcade games, but sadly they couldn't saw it because my mom didn't want or other excuses.

Today gaming journalziz is basically the same.

chigstoke

Not sure a rice wine would be revolutionary. Just a celebratory effort.

One thing I didn't consider, what if we get a DC Mini that also has support for NAOMI 1 games? That'd absolutely ace and an instant purchase for me.

oldergamer

Not industry shaking. I bet what this is as a publisher they will officially go digital only for all titles going forward or some stupid announcement along those lines.

oldergamer

This is the people working for a partner of Polygon、IGN、game informer in china. All they are doing is hyping the issue. and that's why they won't reveal what's inside.

I didn't realize these magazines were connected and there is a relation to polygon and IGN ( i specifically hate IGN as they fan the flames of fanboyism for each platform, and they do this sort of thing all the time). Now I'm certain its nothing.

ksdixon

What we expect:
Dreamcast 3 with exclusive arcade ports similar to Neo Geo MVS to AES.

What we'll have:
Puyo Puyo Revolution on PS5.

I... But... Sigh... This is so likely to be similar to the truth that it hurts.

Hold it together, me, keep expectations in check.

Carna

Banned
Maybe it's Yakuza Isshin for western release?

Edit: maybe it's a sonic collection, or Saturn mini

Last edited:

Fake

This reminds me that shocking news about Pokemon, but in the end was a Mewtwo card lmao.

ksdixon

Who's knowledgeable on current Sammy/SEGA? I'm not, but I've been having a think, and I want to play devil's advocate.

Instead of rebranding the xbsx for Japan, could Sega be providing VR/holographic headset inroads for MS?

There was the cancelled MS/acer mixed reality headset, windows 10 mixed reality apps, "Hololens" technology that all seemed to stall-out. But aren't SEGA big on all that for their Hatsune Miku VR concert games? And the STEAM virtual bedroom where you pickup MegaDrive games off the shelf and then play the rooms on a virtual MegaDrive.

Any of this sounding plausible? It's not a rebranding of xbox for Japan, but it would explain why the technical team were interviewed (unless it's simply an arcade board/mini console announcement, but I can't see those being games industry shattering).

yurinka

I think it can be a multiplatform Sega service where you pay a single subscription and run current and classic Sega games available on each platform.
Or a retro console that is compatible will all Sega consoles and arcades at the same time.
I think it isn't a deal for some games, that they sold Sega to someone, a Dreamcast 2, a deal for multiple games with a first party or that they are remaking/remastering some games.

I don't see a chance that sony will put something exciting on Famitsu but not on other platforms like wired
Maybe because they prefered to give the exclusive to an important Japanese gaming market media. Maybe in addition to be gaming focused it may be Japan focused.

Instead of rebranding the xbsx for Japan, could Sega be providing VR/holographic headset inroads for MS?
The guy said it isn't MS related.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Maybe because they prefered to give the exclusive to an important Japanese gaming market media. Maybe in addition to be gaming focused it may be Japan focused.

The guy said it isn't MS related.

Completely non MS related, or specifically not the SEGA rebranding of XBSX rumor? I read it as the 2nd option?

yurinka

Breaking news:
Sony to announce on their PS5 reveal the game Sonic and Knackles
Completely non MS related, or specifically not the SEGA rebranding of XBSX rumor? I read it as the 2nd option?
The OP says in bold letters that this Sega news has nothing to do with Microsoft.

Last edited:
Top Bottom