• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Josef Fares possibly about to "blow your fucking mind" at VGAs with his new game

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I think it's too early for an It Takes Two follow-up to be announced.

My guess is Fares will announce his next game at next years TGA's.

SJRB

Gold Member
ok-6.gif

This guy is such a gonk.

Sick of this guy and his shtick
That doesn't matter though if you are or aren't. Guy released 2 successful titles back to back. Deserves every right to brag about it. You are at the bottom, his at the top, get used to it. No one is forcing you to play his games or listen to him.

Last edited:

Romulus

I'd argue Josef's levels of hype vs how good his games have been so far have been closer to 1:1 than most devs.

Fair enough, I'm just searching my memory for "fucking mind blowing" announcements and nothing is registering with that level of hype. Maybe the halo 2 trailer from 2003 that showed online multiplayer. That was somewhat mind blowing.

ShaikhCroft

This "blow your mind" shit never worked for me in last 3/4 years. Having hearing tons of them mostly during Geoff's show never paid them off.

Rather would blow my mind away later on that day with the FIFA World Cup round of 16!

Love this dude and his games. Back yourselves and go for it I say. It Takes Two is a brilliant game, absolutely had a blast playing through with my wife and daughter. Yes!, Coop, local coop specifically, is left out in terms of more games supporting it. Just look at things like Golf with Friends even, no local coop but online allowed. Stupid. Give me more coop games please, across the board. Campaign style, multiplayer, story, gameplay focused etc. Bring it all on with coop support. Especially if anything is in the works of the quality, we saw with It Takes Two.

I always want to see Josef at Jeff's game shows. Fuck the Oscars will live with me forever.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I'm just searching my memory for "fucking mind blowing" announcements and nothing is registering with that level of hype. Maybe the halo 2 trailer from 2003 that showed online multiplayer. That was somewhat mind blowing.
There's quite a few. Three famous examples with tons of applause that drowned out the entire hall include Zelda: Twilight Princess first trailer, Final Fantasy 7 Remake first trailer, and Cyberpunk 2077's first 'gameplay' trailer. I distinctly remember people salivating at how Cyberpunk was going to move the genre forward with the amount of potential that 'gameplay' footage had.

Consider that I've only scratched the surface from what I listed above. For example I could have discussed Kojima's trailers, Elden Ring, Capcom announcements, and Smash Bros announcements.

Josef is somehow managing to gather a decent amount of fanfare and notoriety without using the crutch of a fan favorite IP. To me that's impressive and I hope he has continued success.

Banned
It Takes Two was great...
A Way Out was steaming pile of hot garbage...

let's see what he's cookin

Last edited:

Handel

I'm there day one for any Fares game, he is a breath of fresh air to this industry with his creative and bold games. As someone with friends to game with, unlike most sad losers on GAF who only play AAA single-player titles because they don't actually like video games, his coop games are especially appreciated.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Though I was a bit apprehensive at first. After I finally played through it takes two, I’m pretty much going to let him say whatever the fuck he wants. He’s earned it.

This guy reminds me of when I got high in college and put taco bell hot sauce on a taco flavored dorito. I was kicking peoples' dorm rooms open and screaming about my complete genius and how I just blew God's mind. In reality I was high and put some sauce on a chip.

Nvzman

It Takes Two was incredible so bring it on. I appreciate the passion this dude has, I don't care what anyone else says.

Handel

This guy reminds me of when I got high in college and put taco bell hot sauce on a taco flavored dorito. I was kicking peoples' dorm rooms open and screaming about my complete genius and how I just blew God's mind. In reality I was high and put some sauce on a chip.
Difference being that you're just a moron while this guy has created an overall GOTY winning masterpiece coop experience.

mxbison

Looking forward to it.

It Takes Two was great fun and absolutely puts most AAA stuff to shame with its gameplay variety.

Last edited:
Top Bottom