• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jordi weighs in on PS5 vs XSX

the_master

Well, yes and no. Pick pockets, drug dealers and so on basically it's a problem related to having very poor people who get excluded from society specially when it's not only them but the whole environment/community where they live. Let's say an isolated ghetto, specially if it's from a foreigner culture because they get excluded from the rest to they get isolated with the people they know. And if there is poorness, pickpockets, drugs and so on they very likely end doing that. And this happens here with Spanish, foreigners, white, black, gipsies, arabs... whatever. It isn't their ethnicity, origin country, skin color, whatever. It comes from being excluded from society because of being poor.

I live in the city next to Barcelona (El Prat de Llobregat, where the Barcelona airport is located). Back in the '80s we had there a poor district where there was a ton of drugs, poorness, violence, grand theft auto, gang wars, kidnapping and so on, all the horror stories you can imagine. Mostly Spanish whites and gipsies, but specially gipsies got stereotyped here. We're talking a place where they made a giant raid with over 600 policemen including helicopters and so on, and they only found 2KG of drugs. Some areas of the district were so dangerous that even the policemen didn't want to enter, they killed many cops there. Same happened of 2 or 3 areas of Barcelona.

But this was back in the '80s. Over the years the local community and the city hall (even though our mayor wasn't Mike Haggar) did a lot of community work helping the poor people, improving the quality of the houses, did a lot of (free) sports, culture, education, social activities, and social work of all kinds. Thanks to that (and well, many of these problematic guys moved to other places, died or ended in jail) right now this district is very peaceful and safe even if still there are a few bad guys and minor drug issues (like in any city), way safer than the center of Barcelona, where (non-violent) ninja pickpockets may steal your wallet or phone without even being noticed by you specially if you -like myself- look like a tourist (I'm Spanish but blue eyed blonde, not super common here).

Like in other areas of Barcelona, in that district now gipsies are totally integrated into the society and are almost impossible to differientate from the other people. The stigma is basically almost gone because now there isn't a specific dangerous area full of very poor people, drugs and so on, and people, don't live on ruined houses etc., everyone gets free education, free health care, and so on.

Now that stigma relies maybe in young guys who come from North African countries, but they are way less and aren't excluded into a specific ghetto, so it's easier to integrate into society many of them because even some of them being homeless they have a better environment around them which isn't full of poornes, drugs, violence and so on.
Very good explanation.

Dark Rider

I know people will disregard Jordi because he is a total unknown for GAF, but he is one of my best friends and he is very knowledgeable about consoles.

I know what you’re wondering, what kind of name is Jordi? Well, lucky for you I can answer that question. Jordi is the most common catalan name, it comes from Sant Jordi (Saint George), the legend of the knight who fought and killed the dragon.

Now, we and my pal in crime Jordi we’re having a conversation this morning while having a coffe with milk in La Rambla. He said to me: which console are you going to buy?

And I said: don’t be silly, Jordi, my friend. I will buy both of them the very first day they will be available.

And he said: but which one is the most powerful, though?

And I responded: Well, on paper the Xbox (we call all the Xbox consoles as “the Xbox”) is the more powerful, but Sony has an SSD advantadge.

And he said to me: Well, as long as I can play Fifa on it, I’m fine.

And I said: You know Jordi, we really are the last of us.

And that’s the story.

He supports Espanyol?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
1589472515_970977_1589472561_noticia_normal_recorte1.jpg
hey who is that again?
is that the kid from The Sixth Sense ?

yurinka

Do they still teach Spanish in school or have they shifted to catalán?
During the dictatorship Catalan was banned specially in the schools but it survived because people was still talking it at home. When democracy came back, the Catalan went back to the school.

Since then in Catalonia we learn both Spanish and Catalan in the schools, and in the streets here all the locals raised here talk both Spanish and Catalan. Most of the classes are in Catalan, but we also learn Spanish in school and very well. To the point that Catalonia every year is the region that gets the best or one of the best average scores in Spanish language when accesing to the University.

In my case, I always talk in Spanish unless someone talks to me in Catalan or English. There's a lot of drama with that in the news or some political parties, but there are zero issues right now with language in Catalonia. Virtually everyone raised here talks both Spanish and Catalan as native languages. And now the younger kids English too.

Well... Catalonia is Spanish... Lol... For now.
He means that Jordi is the Catalan language version of the name. The Spanish language version is Jorge, George in English, etc.

He neus nothing :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

revben

Neo Member
During the dictatorship Catalan was banned specially in the schools but it survived because people was still talking it at home. When democracy came back, the Catalan went back to the school.

Since then in Catalonia we learn both Spanish and Catalan in the schools, and in the streets here all the locals raised here talk both Spanish and Catalan. Most of the classes are in Catalan, but we also learn Spanish in school and very well. To the point that Catalonia every year is the region that gets the best or one of the best average scores in Spanish language when accesing to the University.

In my case, I always talk in Spanish unless someone talks to me in Catalan or English. There's a lot of drama with that in the news or some political parties, but there are zero issues right now with language in Catalonia. Virtually everyone raised here talks both Spanish and Catalan as native languages. And now the younger kids English too.

He means that Jordi is the Catalan language version of the name. The Spanish language version is Jorge, George in English, etc.

He neus nothing :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I know what he means...

ethomaz

Banned
That as always, the average player is casual and as long as they can play the typical game (FIFA/CoD/GTA/etc) they are fine with the next gen consoles and don't give a fuck about teraflops, SSDs and so on.

They will choose whatever console their friend has to play with them. So PS5 will continue dominating the market. And well, about Barcelona's dark alleys.
It is still makes no sense for that thread exits.
A guy create a fictional friend (it can be real whatever) to say something unrelated that doesn't tell the whole story.

Jordi will have to choose one (or both) at the end because his actual filter is not exclusive... so he will need to weight another filter when the consoles launch whatever it is the most powerful, fastest, or have another game (exclusive) he wants to try, or even where his friends will be... I can even say maybe to hold his purchases.

So at some point he will need to take a side and FIFA won't have any weight on that because it is in both.

That makes him no different than any other gamer that will buy a console... whatever it is casual or hardcore... he is not different from me or you.

Last edited:

GymWolf

He is a bit of a collectionist, so he’s going to buy both consoles too. And whatever Nintendo cames up with.

Yeah, Barcelona it’s becoming less and less safe. Too many poor immigrants doing all kind of crimes, from stealing to drug related stuff.

If you are a tourist, you better secure your wallet.
I was in barcellona for the first time a little less than 10 years ago and people from there told me to secure my wallet so it's not really a new thing, i lirerally looked in my backpack every 5 minute like a lunatic :ROFLMAO:

It was the only place where me and my friends taked turn to go swim in the sea while we were in the barceloneta beach, never had this problem in palma de mallorca or llores de mar.

But never had a problem with robbery or bad guys breaking my balls at night in semi-desert and poorly lighted streets.

Jtibh

Banned
I wont say anything here. I dont want neu nothing to perm himself like the last wave of xbox fans.

All i can say is cool story bro.
I had the same conversation with jimmy next door bit it was about which of those 2 chicks would fuck.
Oh well different priorities i guess.

Carry on

Jtibh

Banned
I was in barcellona for the first time a little less than 10 years ago and people from there told me to secure my wallet so it's not really a new thing, i lirerally looked in my backpack every 5 minute like a lunatic :ROFLMAO:

It was the only place where me and my friends taked turn to go swim in the sea while we were in the barceloneta beach, never had this problem in palma de mallorca or llores de mar.

But never had a problem with robbery or bad guys breaking my balls at night in semi-desert and poorly lighted streets.
Haha oh yeah same here. Hold on to your wallet dont wear a purse etc.
Kept my money in my shoes.

And you know i dont mind topless beaches i love em but i was looking at pancakes and socks all day.

Clubs were cool. Free admission as i just walked in at the back like a boss not even knowing how to get in and was wondering for hours where to pay.

But fuck those prices.

GymWolf

Haha oh yeah same here. Hold on to your wallet dont wear a purse etc.
Kept my money in my shoes.

And you know i dont mind topless beaches i love em but i was looking at pancakes and socks all day.

Clubs were cool. Free admission as i just walked in at the back like a boss not even knowing how to get in and was wondering for hours where to pay.

But fuck those prices.
If you like topless just visit mikonos, that small island is basically an open brothel...

Club? Do you mean cannabis social club? I had to do a membership card, it costed 20 euros, maybe now they are more open towards tourists?

Never kept money in shoes tbh, only the small key for the lock of my baggage.
To go swim we used to take turns with my friends, the second time i was there i bought the most discrete model of this stuff to keep my money, card and cellphone with me even during the bath.
s-l640.jpg

This is one of the reason why i love more amsterdam compared to barcelona, they both have legal weed but ams is chill as fuck and nobody steal from you.
Of course when you forget your entire backpack with a psp with gow ghost of sparta inside and like 4 weed brownies in the bus to get to the airport because you are too stoned, it's nobody's fault if you can't find your back pack hours later :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Closer

I know people will disregard Jordi because he is a total unknown for GAF, but he is one of my best friends and he is very knowledgeable about consoles.

I know what you’re wondering, what kind of name is Jordi? Well, lucky for you I can answer that question. Jordi is the most common catalan name, it comes from Sant Jordi (Saint George), the legend of the knight who fought and killed the dragon.

Now, we and my pal in crime Jordi we’re having a conversation this morning while having a coffe with milk in La Rambla. He said to me: which console are you going to buy?

And I said: don’t be silly, Jordi, my friend. I will buy both of them the very first day they will be available.

And I responded: Well, on paper the Xbox (we call all the Xbox consoles as “the Xbox”) is the more powerful, but Sony has an SSD advantadge.

And that’s the story.

This is a better story than Fallout 76

Jtibh

Banned
Nah
If you like topless just visit mikonos, that small island is basically an open brothel...

Club? Do you mean cannabis social club? I had to do a membership card, it costed 20 euros, maybe now they are more open towards tourists?

Never kept money in shoes tbh, only the small key for the lock of my baggage.
To go swim we used to take turns with my friends, the second time i was there i bought the most discrete model of this stuff to keep my money, card and cellphone with me even during the bath.
s-l640.jpg

This is one of the reason why i love more amsterdam compared to barcelona, they both have legal weed but ams is chill as fuck and nobody steal from you.
Of course when you forget your entire backpack with a psp with gow ghost of sparta inside and like 4 weed brownies in the bus to get to the airport because you are too stoned, it's nobody's fault if you can't find your back pack hours later :ROFLMAO:
Nah dance club. Never heard weed stores called club.
You might think its dumb but once you go to china or vietnam you make sure to stash the cash in the sock.
Dont ever wear a backpack or fanny pack those scooter fuckers will drag you all the way till you let go or crash.

Also you want chill weed and stuff come here. Every corner has a weed store.
Still cant drink in public cuz you know makes perfect sence. We dont want to offend the natives whos lives we ruined with booze.

GymWolf

Nah

Nah dance club. Never heard weed stores called club.
You might think its dumb but once you go to china or vietnam you make sure to stash the cash in the sock.
Dont ever wear a backpack or fanny pack those scooter fuckers will drag you all the way till you let go or crash.

Also you want chill weed and stuff come here. Every corner has a weed store.
Still cant drink in public cuz you know makes perfect sence. We dont want to offend the natioh dance clubs, ives whos lives we ruined with booze.
Oh dance clubs, i used to go in the places close to the beach, the jap looking one and the other 2-3 close to it.

Yeah in spain you can legally buy weed and hash if you enter in these cannabis social club, usually you need a person from there to grant for you, but some of them are ok with a little tax in form of a membership cards, good shit to find in there.

I'm a relatively big and tall guy, it's hard to drag me with a scooter, but i know the feeling, i live in sicily and this shit is normal in my city, except here they have guns or knife with them.

Where you come from? Canada?

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Oh dance clubs, i used to go in the places close to the beach, the jap looking one and the other 2-3 close to it.

Yeah in spain you can legally buy weed and hash if you enter in these cannabis social club, usually you need a person from there to grant for you, but some of them are ok with a little tax in form of a membership cards, good shit to find in there.

I'm a relatively big and tall guy, it's hard to drag me with a scooter, but i know the feeling, i live in sicily and this shit is normal in my city, except here they have guns or knife with them.

Where you come from? Canada?
Yep canada. Best weed on earth. Some of the cheapest dirt too.
Seems a bit complicated. Here you just walk in buy what you want. Though having a dealer is still much better. Its cheaper and stronger. No wonder stores reporting decline in traffic by selling that goverment approved crap.

Europe is a bit behind but hopefully will get there. Last year when i visited my parents i took 3 packs of gummies with me. No one gave a shit.
Probably didnt even know what they are looking at.

yurinka

It is still makes no sense for that thread exits.
A guy create a fictional friend (it can be real whatever) to say something unrelated that doesn't tell the whole story.

Jordi will have to choose one (or both) at the end because his actual filter is not exclusive... so he will need to weight another filter when the consoles launch whatever it is the most powerful, fastest, or have another game (exclusive) he wants to try, or even where his friends will be... I can even say maybe to hold his purchases.

So at some point he will need to take a side and FIFA won't have any weight on that because it is in both.

That makes him no different than any other gamer that will buy a console... whatever it is casual or hardcore... he is not different from me or you.
Well, fictional story or not, I think this thread shows something very interesting: hardcore people like gaffers take a lot of attention to hardware spec details, exclusives, console wars and so on. But the majority of the market, which are casual players, don't give a fuck about it and just buy a console to play their favorite series, which looking at sales almost always are multi games (in this case FIFA, but it could be CoD, GTA, Assassin's Creed, etc).

And since both consoles have this multi game, they often get the one their friends will get to play them on multiplayer games. This last point, it's very likely that in the next gen will go away because if they continue the trend of increasing the crossplay support, and that Sony and MS are collaborating for Sony's cloud systeam, if lucky since the start all PS5 and XBO games may be crossplay.

Kindjal

Can we just not do that?

First, this forum already has a politics section.

Second, we have bigger fish to fry like Nissan bailing out. We can no longer afford to live in the demented fantasies of the sececcionists, reality is knocking at the door.

looooool :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_grinning_sweat:

¡Viva España, viva el Rey, viva el orden y la ley!

😆😆😆

RSB

Banned
Yeah, Barcelona it’s becoming less and less safe. Too many poor immigrants doing all kind of crimes, from stealing to drug related stuff.

If you are a tourist, you better secure your wallet.
Shhhh. Don't talk like that. Do you wanna make Ada Colau cry?

Diversity is a beautiful thing. Sure, it may make your city way more unsafe, but that's a small price to pay to achieve the multicultural dysto... I mean, utopia.

Barakov

And that’s the story.

t7KufPU.jpg

Top Bottom