• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johnny Depp wins US libel lawsuit against former wife Amber Heard

PrCfYMz.jpg

chromhound

Who cares
Everyone who felt a deep personal connection to Depp on a human level while watching the trial. Not because he's a celebrity (I haven't seen too much that he's done outside of Pirates), but because they saw the pain he was put through, and the damage done by libel and toxicity. They saw a guy who had a seemingly endless amount of money, and still felt sorry for him, because using empathy (or even examples from their own relationships) they could put themselves in his place and understand what a relationship that toxic can do to your mind, body, and spirit.

And more to the point, for those who did feel this type of connection due to seeing a great deal of someone's personal life and personal suffering, they're just happy to see him finding happiness with a new love. I would imagine they care. But hopefully they don't care too much, because the man is certainly entitled to his privacy. Does that make sense?

jigglet

Banned
Good on him.

Although wake me up when he starts choosing better roles.

What a tragedy for such a fantastic actor to pigeon hole himself in these shitty fucking roles. Ditch that hack-director Tim Burton and branch out.

Ozriel

M$FT
Good on him.

What a tragedy for such a fantastic actor to pigeon hole himself in these shitty fucking roles. Ditch that hack-director Tim Burton and branch out.

At this point, I just want to see him in anything.
Major blow to those who thought they’d ruined his life for good.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Each time I see this thread bumped, I become a little anxious and wonder what sort of bullshit Heard is pulling now.

Good to see, it's something positive.

Last edited:
Good on him.

Don't know Jigg, I thought he was brilliant in Black mass, he really commanded a terrifying presence in that film , in fact, I'd say that it's one of his best performances yet.

Tams

Gold Member
Good on him.

He was great in Minamata.

I think the issue is more you not doing any research before shooting off. We don't expect you to be keeping tabs on what he's up to (nor should anyone, really), but finding a filmography of someone is merely a few seconds work.

Top Bottom