• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johnny Depp to produce Michael Jackson musical told from the perspective of his glove

Bullet Club

Johnny Depp to produce Michael Jackson musical told from the perspective of his glove

‘For the Love of Glove’ premieres in January

Johnny Depp is producing a Michael Jackson musical told from the perspective of Jackson’s famous glove.

For the Love of Glove: An Unauthorised Musical Fable About the Life of Michael Jackson, as Told by His Glove has been written by playwright Julien Nitzberg and debuts in Los Angeles in January.

The musical is described as “a fresh, revisionist look at the strange forces that shaped Jackson and the scandals that bedeviled him”. Jackson’s glove is the musical’s hero, as well as being a musically-inclined alien eager to take over humanity.

Real actors will work alongside life-size puppets modelled after figures including Corey Feldman and Bubbles the Chimp.

Depp and Nitzberg have been associates for many years, with Depp’s production company Infinitum Nihil previously developing a Nitzberg-scripted biopic of the Sixties one-hit wonder singer Tiny Tim. That project would have starred Big Lebowski actor John Turturro.

“It ended up never getting made, but I developed a very good relationship with them,” Nitzberg told Page Six.

Of his Jackson play, Nitzberg said: “A major TV network wanted me to write a [Jackson] movie... but the question came up [about] how to deal with the child-abuse allegations.

“[So] I said, how’s this? Everything MJ has been accused of has actually been caused by his glove, which is actually an alien from outer space [and] feeds on virgin boy blood. They laughed and said, ‘can you do the normal version?’

“It was morally kind of repugnant to me to do,” Nitzberg added. “I turned down a really big paycheck.” Though he then decided to explore the idea for the stage.

For the Love of Glove will open 25 January, 2020 at LA’s Carl Sagan-Ann Druyan Theater.

Source: Independent

Bullet Club

The glove he grabs his nuts with?
Yep.

yrJfuOY.gif

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
After his Marilyn Manson videos this makes perfect sense.

Tesseract

Banned
it's funny but i do like the idea of tying various bits of jackson's history to his gloves

the revisionist views of his estate and catalog are buried in so much blood, i hope the truth shakes out eventually

Last edited:
M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I don't want to know where that glove has been.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
This is the point Depp loses me. Seems disrespectful to pretty much everyone involved. If South Park did an episode it might be funny but a irl musical fuck no.

Dude sounds like a wino surrounded by enablers at this point. Go back to being Disney’s on staff weirdo.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
These gloves are made for pawing
And that's just what they'll do
One of these days these gloves are gonna paw all over you

Top Bottom