• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Wick 4: Hagakure, first pic.

Stupid, but fun. The first one is still the best chapter, imo, but I watched the other two without quitting out of boredom, which has been my modus operandi for the last 10 years or so. Keanu is possibly the nicest hollywood celebrity, despite having little talent as an actor (he was so freaking bad as Jonathan Harker in Dracula...)...Having said that, he certainly makes for a kick-ass action hero...

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
After the 3rd one my expectations are rather low, like yeah the action sequences will be top-notch, but the plot already felt down on its face, so it'll be again just style over substance.

SJRB

Gold Member

I was really hoping it would be more grounded like the first movie, but I see they're still going with the "suits are bulletproof" magic, unfortunately. That scene where they unload a full magazine into each other from point blank range is ridiculous.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
john wick GIF by John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

SJRB

Gold Member
Donnie Yen is god-tier in anything, aside from Jackie Chan arguably the greatest martial arts actor of our time.

Super cool he's in this movie.

bender

What time is it?
The 2nd one is my least favorite, it just drags on forever. I thought the 3rd one was better but the original is still the best. Really hate they went with digital effects for the blood in the movies though. Really knocks them all down a peg or four.

Airbus Jr

Banned
That doesn't change the fact that Mark's Japanese speaking is objectively bad, and detracts from the immersion of the movie. You'd feel something was off if Keanu spoke like this:

With job description like him prob requires him to learn many language japan russia germany chinese italian arabic portugese etc

Just forgive him if one of it is abit rusty peace im out

Last edited:
Looks better than the third one, even in the trailer. The cast in this is insane in terms of martial arts talent, Hiroyuki Sanada is no Donnie Yen but he started working in the same era doing similar stuff. Don't forget Scott Adkins and Marko Zaror who are well oiled machines in the DTV action world. The action in this should most certainly be better than most of the stuff 87Eleven/North has done with A list actors who don't know any martial arts.

A non-native playing a native of asian country has a terrible accent in non-native language, not remotely the first time in Hollywood and won't be the last. It's a trashy action movie, let it slide.

I think it was last year that I watched all three previous movies for the first time, in a row (somewhat)... After finishing the third, I just sat there like

"...Wait. Just how many of these movies are there supposed to be?"

I... did not know there were FIVE (5) of these things planned. Like, just how many more times can he flip a guy over on his back then shoot him in the head
GUAtyV2.jpg

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Looks good. Hot take incoming... The John Wick series is better than the Matrix series. The only good Matrix movie was the first one and they were dogshit after.

Top Bottom