• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

Winter John

I thought it might be a good idea to have a general thread where we could talk about and recommend some of Joe's podcasts rather than have a bunch of individual ones.

Anyway I want to recommend these two because I thought the guests were outstanding. The first one is a lady called Ms.Pat. I've never heard of her before but she's one of the funniest guests I've ever seen on there. If you don't know her maybe give it a shot

The 2nd one is with journalist Annie Jacobsen. She mostly covers the C.I.A and the military. Anyone who's interested in Area 51 might be interested in what she has to say

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Yeah, good idea if no-one's gonna make an actual |OT|. I imagine a lot of users listen to JRE.

Some personal favourites:

Colin O'Brady is a professional endurance athlete, motivational speaker and adventurer. He is a three-time world record holder, and just became the first person in the world to travel across Antarctica unassisted. In 2016 he set the Explorers Grand Slam and Seven Summits speed records.

Maynard James Keenan is a singer, songwriter, producer, winemaker, and actor, best known as the vocalist for Grammy Award-winning rock band Tool, Puscifer, and A Perfect Circle. His new book "A Perfect Union of Contrary Things" is available now.

Colin Moriarty is the co-founder of Kinda Funny and creator of Colin's Last Stand, a new series of videos about history and politics.

harry04

This is a great idea for a thread, I fond of Joe Rogan as a comedian and would like to watch his podcast, but don't know which is more interesting and cool, thanks for that!

There are so many amazing episodes of Joe's show.

One of my most memorable moments wasn't even a JRE episode, but it took place in the JRE studio. When TFATK filmed an episode in Joe's studio two days after Schaub had gotten KTFO by Travis Browne and Joe told basically told him to retire, that was riveting shit. You rarely hear that type of super personal, candid, unrehearsed, brutal friend-to-friend truth broadcast like that, especially involving professionals of such a brutal business.

I think it even made headlines in major papers across the US. It probably felt like the worst day ever for Schaub at the time but it got his show and his name big time exposure.

I'll never forget Joe just dropping truth bombs.

"How do you think you would do if you wrestled Cain, just straight wrestling?"

"Honestly?"

"Yeah."

"I think you'd be surprrised."

Joe pauses...

"Well I think you'd be surprised. I think he'd fuck you up."

Boom.

Tesseract

Banned
There are so many amazing episodes of Joe's show.

One of my most memorable moments wasn't even a JRE episode, but it took place in the JRE studio. When TFATK filmed an episode in Joe's studio two days after Schaub had gotten KTFO by Travis Browne and Joe told basically told him to retire, that was riveting shit. You rarely hear that type of super personal, candid, unrehearsed, brutal friend-to-friend truth broadcast like that, especially involving professionals of such a brutal business.

I think it even made headlines in major papers across the US. It probably felt like the worst day ever for Schaub at the time but it got his show and his name big time exposure.

I'll never forget Joe just dropping truth bombs.

"How do you think you would do if you wrestled Cain, just straight wrestling?"

"Honestly?"

"Yeah."

"I think you'd be surprrised."

Joe pauses...

"Well I think you'd be surprised. I think he'd fuck you up."

Boom.

yeah, easily one of the finest moments of that cast

and look at schaub now ~ showtime, stand up, casting, he's doing it all because he's still got some brain cells left

Last edited:
yeah, easily one of the finest moments of that cast

and look at schaub now ~ showtime, stand up, casting, he's doing it all because he's still got some brain cells left

Yeah, love him or hate him he has done incredibly well. He's probably made so much more money after his fighting career ended than he did while in the UFC.

TrainedRage

Banned
Shit I missed this topic. Just posted his Hotep Jesus interview.

Rbk_3

I love how that other forum pegs him as alt right because he has an occasional d bag like Shapiro on.

VGEsoterica

I still need to listen to the Snowden one. What a weird career Joe has had though. Skinny actor, clearly hit the juice, does UFC stuff, and has an awesome podcast. Dude is all over the place

TheContact

I'm halfway through the Snowden one. So far it's a very interesting listen. I haven't watched the Amazon documentary about him but now I want to.

I still need to listen to the Snowden one. What a weird career Joe has had though. Skinny actor, clearly hit the juice, does UFC stuff, and has an awesome podcast. Dude is all over the place

You forgot that his standups are actually very very funny.

Last edited:

timeflais

Banned
Edward Snowden on

Snowden's first job was CIA. Bad actors feared the NSA's ability to dismantle the NAZI org's (CIA) grip on power, and started a smear to de-weaponize it.

Enter Snowden.

As a platform, Joe is designed to, misinform, obfuscate truth, give half truths, whilst giving perception he is transparent.

Snowden's first job was CIA. Bad actors feared the NSA's ability to dismantle the NAZI org's (CIA) grip on power, and started a smear to de-weaponize it.

Enter Snowden.

As a platform, Joe is designed to, misinform, obfuscate truth, give half truths, whilst giving perception he is transparent.

giphy.gif

AaronB

His podcast hugely helped Andrew Yang get his name out there.

Way back, he had Anthony Bourdain on.

Many great episodes; I tend to like the ones he does with scientists as well.

TrainedRage

Banned
Wow. That was the most mild anti-group think comment and they don't ban you for that.... It's for the other posts you made, ya know those blurry little tally marks they keep in your file. They are so afraid of someone with an opposing view, they need to silence them... Where have I heard that before....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, love him or hate him he has done incredibly well. He's probably made so much more money after his fighting career ended than he did while in the UFC.

Beige Frequency did a pretty good breakdown on Schaub..and Rogans company kept reporting it and taking it down.

Love Joe but hes been carrying Brendan on his back and I was kinda taken back when Rogan went censoring shit.

Ironbunny

Crazy to to think JRE the fear factor guy has become interviewer of the decade. I dont think there's anyone else having 2 to 3 hour interviews of the most interesting people on earth. And now starting year with RDJ. :messenger_heart:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Rdj is now cancelled.

Been cancelled by idpolists for 3+ years now. Even before the schism.

Top Bottom