• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

Some seriously good storytelling. Felt like I was listening to an intense thriller.

That guy (Bobby Green's trainer) really seems like someone you wouldn't want to mess with. US prisons always seem like hell holes so he must have been pretty tough to have survived.

Aurelius

Episode with Douglas Murray was great. Probably resulted in a lot of screeching employees again at Spotify HQ.
Funny how Joe mentioned that the whole controversy and cancelation attempt actually resulted in him gaining 2 mln subs.

Episode with Douglas Murray was great. Probably resulted in a lot of screeching employees again at Spotify HQ.
Funny how Joe mentioned that the whole controversy and cancelation attempt actually resulted in him gaining 2 mln subs.
Jordan Peterson predicted that this would happen.

I don't hate the left at all, I just despair at their stupidity. Why do they keep trying to shut people down knowing it has such limited results and mainly ends up turning people against the left.

mortal

Gold Member
I always enjoy Douglas Murray. He's making the rounds on other podcasts as well. I just saw him on Peterson for those interested.
Douglas Murray recently sat down with Lex Fridman as well.
I do appreciate Murray's wit, even when discussing heavier topics.

Gina Carano is on today. To my surprise, she said this is the first podcast appearance she’s ever done. Still have a huge crush on her even all these years later.
Do they get into the whole Disney firing her thing, or compare it in anyway to how they treated Johnny Depp?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Do they get into the whole Disney firing her thing, or compare it in anyway to how they treated Johnny Depp?
About halfway in and they talked a little bit about it. Not really much about Depp. She really is a delightful person. Always smiling, charismatic. I was really bothered by her being fired by Disney, I cancelled Disney Plus over it and get all my content they put out from torrents now.

It's absolutely insane that putting beep/bop/boop in your Twitter handle caused a PR meltdown. But that's what happens when you allow crazy people to control discourse, you get crazy discourse.

And through all of it, she's never said a bad word about anyone, just keeps a positive attitude.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
One of the things Gina Carano said that took me aback was when her agency dropped her over a stupid tweet, that same agency has stood by James Franco and still represents him, a guy who's had accusations of sexual improprieties by 5 separate women.

Goes to show you how crazy things are. In some circles, you're considered more toxic if people think you're "right leaning" or poking fun at pronouns than if you're a sexual predator.

Last edited:

TaroYamada

One of the things Gina Carano said that took me aback was when her agency dropped her over a stupid tweet, that same agency has stood by James Franco and still represents him, a guy who's had accusations of sexual improprieties by 5 separate women.

Goes to show you how crazy things are. In some circles, you're considered more toxic if people think you're "right leaning" or poking fun at pronouns than if you're a sexual predator.
Bro they kept Ezra Klein and his C-tier performances in Harry Potter/Flash even though he'd assaulted multiple people. Only after he kidnapped some underage girl he was grooming and eluded the authorities did Hollywood reconsider. Meanwhile Depp was tossed out -- despite immense talent -- from the very same Harry Potter movies.

There is no logic to it.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Rogan was on Lex Fridman's podcast and Lex said he's going to Ukraine and Russia very soon. I think in a week or so. He's going to try and interview Putin.

I'm worried about him. He said he plans to spend a month away until he comes back.

TaroYamada

Bro they kept Ezra Klein and his C-tier performances in Harry Potter/Flash even though he'd assaulted multiple people. Only after he kidnapped some underage girl he was grooming and eluded the authorities did Hollywood reconsider. Meanwhile Depp was tossed out -- despite immense talent -- from the very same Harry Potter movies.

There is no logic to it.
Just came back to this thread and realized I meant Ezra Miller, and that Ezra Klein's that hack at Vox. Whoops. Nobody called me on it though!

Rogan was on Lex Fridman's podcast and Lex said he's going to Ukraine and Russia very soon. I think in a week or so. He's going to try and interview Putin.

I'm worried about him. He said he plans to spend a month away until he comes back.
I really hope Alexei doesn't get hit by a random missile or something. Would be a terrible loss for humanity.

And I don't think he'll get Putin, but maybe he can get Trump since Joe is too scared to do it...

Last edited:

•́ ͜ʖ •̀)

attorneys-bluth.gif

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
It’s interesting how the comedic taste of people so vastly differ. I’d say one out of every 20 episodes or so, Rogan will being up Kyle Dunnigan. A dude who uses deep fakes to do impressions of people on social media. Rogan is obsessed with the guy. Cracks up hysterically every time. I’ve never laughed once. Not because I’m offended or anything, I just have never found his material funny or his impressions all that good.

Remember when Rogan was the worst person in the world and everyone was calling him a white supremacist? That manufactured outrage lasted all of two weeks.

People wonder why the world is in such a mess but when the public can be so easily manipulate and yet have the attention spans of goldfish, those in charge can do what they want.

TaroYamada

It’s interesting how the comedic taste of people so vastly differ. I’d say one out of every 20 episodes or so, Rogan will being up Kyle Dunnigan. A dude who uses deep fakes to do impressions of people on social media. Rogan is obsessed with the guy. Cracks up hysterically every time. I’ve never laughed once. Not because I’m offended or anything, I just have never found his material funny or his impressions all that good.
Rogan is a B tier comic who frequently misses great jokes from his guests. Dunnigan is low hanging fruit, it's awkward when he has an actual serious comic and tries to show them that crap. He's good at setting up other guys for stuff though, Theo Von's last appearance was hilarious, Tim Dillon is aces of course, etc. etc.

Been listening since 2014 so not trying to dunk on him or anything -- big fan just don't think he's a great comic.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Rogan is a B tier comic who frequently misses great jokes from his guests. Dunnigan is low hanging fruit, it's awkward when he has an actual serious comic and tries to show them that crap. He's good at setting up other guys for stuff though, Theo Von's last appearance was hilarious, Tim Dillon is aces of course, etc. etc.

Been listening since 2014 so not trying to dunk on him or anything -- big fan just don't think he's a great comic.
Agreed, Joe is just a deeply unfunny person but he's great for other comics to bounce off like theo, Dillon, mark Normand, etc. Same with schaub - his strength is being a good audience IMO. Schaub laughing at delias jokes will never get old to me

*Nightwing

its a joke my dude

Obviously coulda fooled me with the deluge of anti Rogan propaganda that is the norm as if disingenuousness isn’t real. Either way failed as a joke

Edit: my bad Dozzen G!! Issue was my joke game clearly way slower than yours… I get it now!!
CpUMEzZ.jpg

Last edited:

TaroYamada

Man string of serious guests, Louis, Zuck, Rodgers, Mustaine. Mustaine he needed to brush up a bit better on, dude's moved a lot of records and is one of the best singular talents in the history of metal music. Like, at least know some of his work bruh.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Is Rodgers the first active professional athlete Rogan's had on in one of the 4 major American sports(NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB)? This excludes MMA, boxing, rock climbing, etc.

I can't think of another one. He's had athletes on in the past from those sports, but they've all been retired.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Good podcast joe really breaks things down, Spotify on an iPhone watching cnn try to stop him during Covid was wild, joes an expert and knows what he’s doing.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie

somebody really needs to teach JR some critical thinking skills
if you watch the clip in question, the watch keeps banging on the table, but even knowing that joe still cant figure it out

just hears the bit of fake news that he wants to hear and runs with it, adjusting the story as needed when there are corrections (see clip), until hes eventually shown to be have been grossly misled by his own ignorance and then ignores the subject entirely, never evolving his worldview or obtaining a more nuanced take. rinse repeat its fucking annoying

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Few episode commentary-

Jim Breuer - Fun podcast. Usually comedians on Rogan are fun.

Joey Diaz - Meh. Diaz has been much funnier (he’s barely doing standup anymore, probably why), but this was still an okay Podcast.

James Fox: I haven’t seen his movie but this guy isn’t the most convincing UFO guest I’ve seen on Rogans podcast. This podcast was okay but not as compelling as Jeremy Corbell or the fighter pilots.

Dave Smith: Great podcast as always. Smith is intelligent, seems to have unique and surprising perspectives on world events and politics.

Dr. Aseem Malhotra - Boring podcast, couldn’t get past the first 30 minutes.

Ms. Pat - Another comedian. Funny and worthwhile just for the silliness.

Anyone else see recent episodes and have thoughts on them?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I always skip the stand up comedian guests.
Really? I think it highly depends on the guest. Tim Dillon, Dave Smith, Shane Gillis, Louie CK are all great episodes that made me laugh out loud, or in the case of Dave Smith, made me think about stuff.

I’ve also found that pre-judging a podcast based on what the guest does isn’t always a good idea. For example the Peter Burg episode, which I almost didn’t listen to (who gives a shit what some director has to say) was very entertaining and informative.

Ryuji Goda

Really? I think it highly depends on the guest. Tim Dillon, Dave Smith, Shane Gillis, Louie CK are all great episodes that made me laugh out loud, or in the case of Dave Smith, made me think about stuff.

I’ve also found that pre-judging a podcast based on what the guest does isn’t always a good idea. For example the Peter Burg episode, which I almost didn’t listen to (who gives a shit what some director has to say) was very entertaining and informative.
You’re right, but I don’t have the time so have to make choices.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I am bummed that I can't see the ep with Zach Bryan. For the love of god please go back to YouTube when your Spotify contract is up Joe.

Top Bottom