• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

TTOOLL

I hope they've fixed the video streaming. It's been pretty poor for me.]

edit: trying to listen to the Emily Harrington episode and the shit just froze. Fuck that.

Last edited:

Erdrick

I noticed that last night and was like "Ok, guess I have to break and get a Spotify account." At least I can still listen to it with my phone screen sleeping. Sucks to have the previous stuff just utterly wiped from YouTube though. Even though I mostly stuck to just the audio aspects of his show.

and theyre already removing old episodes from YouTube

I hate this

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Oddly, I've been drifting away from JRE the last month or two, and switching to Lex Fridman's podcast. I mostly watched Joe for the academics he had on, but that's Lex's bread and butter and he does a much better job exploring ideas with them. I doubt I'll be following Joe to Spotify as long as Lex keeps doing his thing.

Oddly, I've been drifting away from JRE the last month or two, and switching to Lex Fridman's podcast. I mostly watched Joe for the academics he had on, but that's Lex's bread and butter and he does a much better job exploring ideas with them. I doubt I'll be following Joe to Spotify as long as Lex keeps doing his thing.
Hey, same thing here..
I am thankful for Joe getting me unto this and a couple of other things like that, though.

I will keep an eye on this thread for the occassional Duncan Trussel and Alex Jones Episodes that might happen that I feel the need to start Spotify for.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Rogan was on Jones' Podcast. 4 Hours....

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Anyone have a link to a podcast feed that scrapes Rogan on Spotify to an open RSS feed? Like normal podcasting instead of this exclusivity trash.

elektrokats

Banned
Rogan was on Jones' Podcast. 4 Hours....
This was great. Watched the entire thing.

VN1X

Banned
Today is the first day with Spotify exclusivity. His first guest:

This guy is a fuckin nutter lol. So glad I didn't fall for the Signal hype (go Telegram!). Almost done with my listen but at certain points he literally admits to being pro-censorship especially when it comes to the right or whomever he thinks is a "nutjob".

Sure, Rogan has some naive stances and questions perhaps but Mr. Moxie Marlinspike (this has to be a fake name btw, the fuck?) is so incredibly reluctant to simply take the easy 'good' way out and would rather constantly play devil's advocate for big tech. I guess the psycho's over at twitter still left an impression on him.

Last edited:

Relativ9

Some guy from Vox is on next, will listen a bit later. Vox has a lot of dishonest reporting under its belt, especially concerning Jordan Peterson, wonder if Rogan will address it.

Breakage

The Marlinspike episode felt like a Signal messenger promotion w/ some stuff about sailing. Maybe it got interesting later on – I fell asleep halfway through.

INC

Fuck Spotify

And I guess I won't be watch Joe rogan anymore if its not on YouTube.

What a waste, but for 100million integrity can take a little hit

Im a casual Joe fan. I watch him occasionally, if the guest is interesting.
Im not a fan of youtube the business (though I do love the site), but Im still surprised and disappointed that all of Joes old shows are being deleted. I guess its just a matter of time before someone fills the void.

INC

Im a casual Joe fan. I watch him occasionally, if the guest is interesting.
Im not a fan of youtube the business (though I do love the site), but Im still surprised and disappointed that all of Joes old shows are being deleted. I guess its just a matter of time before someone fills the void.

Some of the best episodes too, like daryl davies one, super interesting and legit dude

Romulus

Highly recommend the upcoming show. Possibly the weirdest event that has ever occurred on this planet. 64 children saw a ufo and beings up close. The kids were interviewed by a team of harvard psychologists. The craft was also seen by locals and police.

If you've ever seen the raw interviews with the children, you know what I'm talking about. They were freaked the fuck out and maintain their stories 30 years later. They were ages 6-12.

Last edited:

INC

Highly recommend the upcoming show. Possibly the weirdest event that has ever occurred on this planet. 64 children saw a ufo and beings up close. They were interviewed by a team of psychologists. The craft was also seen by locals and police.

If you've ever seen the raw interviews with the children, you know what I'm talking about. They were freaked the fuck out and maintain their stories 30 years later. They were ages 6-12.

Awesome, please tell me its going up on YouTube

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Highly recommend the upcoming show. Possibly the weirdest event that has ever occurred on this planet. 64 children saw a ufo and beings up close. The kids were interviewed by a team of harvard psychologists. The craft was also seen by locals and police.

Is this the same event on seasons 1 of the Unsolved Mysteries reboot?

Affinity

I'm a casual Joe fan and I like the scientific guests, comedians, basically anything not political. I'm definitely not an Alex Jones fan. But holy shit that clip they referenced (and played) of asking Alex Jones if hes gay made me laugh my ass off. Extremely entertaining. I can see the entertaining appeal of Alex.. if only he didn't go so far with it.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
How many here have stopped watching/listening? I don't even get Spotify notifications when new episodes drop so I have to manually check.

Also, spotify app seems to skip a lot more and just has some annoying quirks that make it less tolerable than apple podcasts. And I also miss the Youtube convenience, though I never cared about the comments like other people.

Maybe this is just a sign of how lazy technology has made us. That one small inconvenience and we consider ditching something, but I have to admit, I used to look forward to JRE every single day and now I don't really care that much. If I get to it, I get to it. I don't have a lot of friends who listen to podcasts, but the handful I have who do and listened to JRE haven't listened in weeks.

I'm curious to see if his numbers go down. I doubt they will, because frankly, I think all the people who claim they're "out" are all talk and they're likely addicted to it. Boycott movements almost never hold up, but I will be curious.

Last edited:

Erdrick

I can't speak for anyone else, but I definitely ended up signing up for a Spotify account the moment Rogan went there exclusively. I'm not some longtime listener either, mostly just since this past whole pandemic out of boredom. I just like the variety of guests and randomness of the show at times. I tend to just throw it on while I'm out for a drive, walk or in the shower. Yes, there are ads thrown in now on Spotify but it kind of balances out since he no longer does the first ten minutes of his own ads for sponsors anymore.

I've gotten into a few other podcasts during this time too, (Bill Burr!) but I only have to utilize Spotify for Rogan.

It doesn't feel like a huge inconvenience to me... Yet.

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I'm bummed Joe has finally moved to Spotify. I just don't really use it at all. YouTube is still my main source for music.

I really love his podcasts. He's the only one I know who has such a wide range of guests on. No other Podcast has ever appealed to me.

So today i decided to grab the episodes i had actually liked(youtube like i mean) in case they all disappear, this is my current get so far, can anyone remind me episodes in the same vein i should get? While im scrolling through my like list im coming up blank with what was really good an worth listening/watching again

mXZgXkl.gif

edit - never mind

im retarded and late, the purge already happened...apparently i like shit episodes nor worth deleting

Last edited:
Top Bottom