• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan: "where we can bolster our in-house capability with selective M&A that might be possible."

Jose92

[Membe
Sony has built a network of in-house studios producing exclusive titles, including “Ghost of Tsushima” from Sucker Punch Productions, to fend off rivals including Microsoft’s Xbox and new entrants.

Sony’s will continue to grow its studio capability organically Ryan said, adding that “where we can bolster our in-house capability with selective M&A that might be possible.”

Analysts question how far the expansion in gaming driven by stuck-at-home consumers will continue longer term, with Ryan saying it will be up to Sony to drive that engagement.

Last edited:

Lloyd22

Sony want to expand?
my suggestion will be:
- Konami gaming division, to revive the dead games under konami.
- Bluepoint, obviously the good relation, and sony likes remakes.
- From software, for bloodborne 2 baby.

Yoboman

They dont need to do alot

An RPG developer and an FPS developer would round them out nicely. Maybe get Sumo to keep the family friendly games rolling in as well

I don't see how a big publisher fits into their strategy; but like others, I think BluePoint, Housemarque and maybe Level 5 are the likeliest.

Last edited:

Aidah

The only acquisition I'd be for by any of these platform holders is Konami IP. All that awesome shit is going to waste right now.

Arkam

I would like to see them pick up another solid racing game dev studio. Give them something to alternate with Polyphony and Gran Turismo. Beyond that I have felt they have plenty of 1st party content.

SilentUser

Sony want to expand?
my suggestion will be:
- Konami gaming division, to revive the dead games under konami.
- Bluepoint, obviously the good relation, and sony likes remakes.
- From software, for bloodborne 2 baby.
100% agreed. Would also add:
- fund new studios and make them work with old Sony IPs + new IPs
- Reopen Evolution Studios, just because I need a PS5 MotorStorm title
- Level-5, seems like they are in trouble

Bryank75

Banned
TakeTwo.... do it!

MLB The Show, NBA2K and then try and get Pro Evolution and keep them multiplatform to bring in huge money.

Then make GTA exclusive. RDR timed exclusive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom