• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan: "We will make sure the PlayStation 5 generation has more exclusive software than ever before

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Xbox released too ...and?
i mean it is clear that Sony was more ready to launch the new console. But the generation has just begun and they are just entering the game production cycle. Honestly the covid is helping Ms, it's first year of waiting and in the meantime studios are moving forward ending games. Sony cannot afford to launch big hits only on next gen if it does not have a substantially larger user base than than they have now and unfortunately for Sony there is a huge slowdown in the production of consoles which is blocking the growth of this userbase. Microsoft can give a damn about all this because it would anyway release on the day one also on pc. So yes the substantial advantage Sony had is fading fast and once ms studios start releasing games well I don't know how it will go.
You do realize MS getting better doesnt mean doom n gloom for Sony.

Right?

It would just mean MS got better.

Remember when many thought last gen was the death of consoles because the Wii U was failing spectacularly? Many articles started to spell doom n gloom for both MS and Sony.

......this was before the XBO launch blunders, before sales started to show a gap between MS and Sony.....

Good times.

Last edited:
I have a let them fight mentality. I hope every bit of this is true and then some. I want him to be underestimating how much they're doing. I want competition. I want the two companies to go at each other like they're lives depend on it because it's better for me as a gamer that way.

When Microsoft bought Bethesda this attitude is precisely what I hoped it would lead to on the Sony side.

Spongebob Squarepants Nickelodeon GIF

Three

Don't you tell me what I understand or not. I am well aware why Sony hesitated, only a moron couldn't figure that out.

Doesn't change the fact that its anti consumer no matter how you spin it or see it from sonys point of view.

But now we have some weird thing where we are never quite sure how cross play or progression works because it's different from title to titlr what Sony allows. Smite doesn't have cross progrrssion, but cod has, just an example. Meanwhile both has on xbox.
My point was that you didn't understand why MS did you no favours when you are trying to paint them in a good light for allowing crossplay now. I didn't say you didn't understand why Sony hesitated.

In the 360 gen, we had zero games with crossplay on 360. They did not budge one bit even when devs had games ready with it. The reason they did that whole PR campaign with it in the xbox one gen is because they had the lowest install base and crossplay was beneficial for them. I'm saying the fact that we have games with crossplay now on PS4 is a small miracle when they could have been real hardline bastards about it like MS were when they were dominating.

Last edited:
What are you on about? Jim Ryan says some worthless words and you're kneeling down polishing his shoes 😅 let's see what they actually produce yeah? So far they've been losing developers not gaining them.
Bro what??? Lets see what they actually produce!? Haha

when hasnt Sony delivered? From the end of ps3 Era to all of the Ps4 Gen Sony has always invested in Unique and new projects.
There is no doubt they wont do the same this gen.
You just Part of this Narrative of hating on Sony and Jim ryan.
Jim Ryan has business moves to make might not be Consumer friendly but that doesnt Change how Sony delivers its games to there Consumers

worry about MS Delivering games and Managing them. So far they have Only showed US they can buy Studios

Fake

The games that will go on pc will be hence forth designated as Timed Exclusives®

And no exclusive badge was lost.

lol

They lost the exclusive badge to the time exclusive bagde. No hard science.

Again, I not against PS4/PS5 games coming to PC, just remove the tag 'ONLY ON PS4/PS5' and we're good to go.

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
Yeah, let's start with having more supplies and come up with ways to make sure everyone is able to get one, instead of being sold out in 0.1 seconds of it being available. Make a payment option like Xbox so that it's harder for bots to even get one because at this point we are going to have to do that to be able to get one. Because going through stores is not an option. Something has to be done to be able to get more access to consoles. Because even back then it was way easier to get a damn Nintendo Wii when it was hot at the time than getting a damn fucking PS5. Because I'm tired of waiting, more waiting than I will lose interest and just stick to what I have. Because I refuse to buy from a third-party marketplace seller. Let's start with that first Sony before you talk about having more games.

END OF RANT.

sainraja

And cross-gen PS4 games. Remember "we believe in generations'?
You really enjoy the fanboy games, don't ya? lol

Believing in generations does not have to mean dropping support for previous generation of consoles (something Sony has always done [continues to support] with the PS1, PS2, PS3 and now the PS4). The only thing they stopped doing was their focus on backwards compatibility which is now back into the picture due to Microsoft's push (although they are kind of on pause too at the moment in bringing other unsupported titles.)

But yeah, it was a weird thing to say given how Sony's always handled the transition from one generation to the next.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Japan Studio's has been dead since basically the PS3 era. You've had two gens to mourn, move on. I wanted Ape Escape and Siren sequels as much as the next guy but realised it wasn't going to happen years ago.
Gravity Rush
Gravity Rush 2
The Last Guardian
Knack
Knack 2
Astrobot

And they had a huge hand in making:
Bloodborne
Demon Souls Remake
SoTC Remake

There is a reason why Bloodbornes looks so much better than other souls games. Also, The creative director of the Demon Souls Remake wasnt a bluepoint employee. He was a Sony Japan dev. The director of Puppeteer.

They have been far more productive than SSM who made one game on the PS4. GG who made two games on the PS4. Sony Bend who made one. Sucker Punch who made 2.

Last edited:
Gravity Rush
Gravity Rush 2
The Last Guardian
Knack
Knack 2
Astrobot

And they had a huge hand in making:
Bloodborne
Demon Souls Remake
SoTC Remake

There is a reason why Bloodbornes looks so much better than other souls games. Also, The creative director of the Demon Souls Remake wasnt a bluepoint employee. He was a Sony Japan dev. The director of Puppeteer.

They have been far more productive than SSM who made one game on the PS4. GG who made two games on the PS4. Sony Bend who made one. Sucker Punch who made 2.

So, a bunch of games that either flopped and took decades to make

only one I bought was TLG

blood borne doesn’t count

far more productive? No, god of war outsold all those games combined with a much smaller team

you can’t seriously look at SCEJ output last few gens and be happy with it. Things needed to change

Last edited:

SlimySnake

So, a bunch of games that either flopped and took decades to make

only one I bought was TLG

blood borne doesn’t count

far more productive? No, god of war outsold all those games combined with a much smaller team

you can’t seriously look at SCEJ output last few gens and be happy with it. Things needed to change
The only game I liked in the PS4 era was The Last Guardian, but they had a huge hand in making BB, SOTC and DS Remake.

I was taking issue with the poster saying that the studio has been dead since the PS3 era. Clearly five new games and support work for three other beloved games shows they havent been dead.

The only game I liked in the PS4 era was The Last Guardian, but they had a huge hand in making BB, SOTC and DS Remake.

I was taking issue with the poster saying that the studio has been dead since the PS3 era. Clearly five new games and support work for three other beloved games shows they havent been dead.
When bloodborne came out was all thanks to from software. Now was all to Japan studios. 🤡🤡

Last edited:

might as well be dead though, they didn’t contribute much to the PS4 era

better to reform them from the ground up

SlimySnake

When bloodborne came out was all thanks to from software. Now was all to Japan studios. 🤡🤡
You do know Japan Studios literally brought the idea of Bloodborne to Miyazaki right?

It was a collaboration between the two studios. There is a reason why their name appears before From Software in the Bloodborne trailers.

And I never said that it was ALL Japan Studios. I said they had a huge part developing those games and considering the creative director of the bluepoint remakes was a guy from Japan Studios, its fair to say that.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Good luck.
I mean, you are facing Microsoft that is finally got their shit together so it won't be free win like last time
But Sony is outselling Xbox by an even bigger margin than last gen. Microsoft may have had some big announcements and positive news, but it hasn't changed the ground realities by much. Maybe in a few years perhaps when the big games start dropping? But I think this gen will be decided by then.

An interesting battle ahead of two contrasting business strategies nevertheless.

Tomeru

lol

They lost the exclusive badge to the time exclusive bagde. No hard science.

Again, I not against PS4/PS5 games coming to PC, just remove the tag 'ONLY ON PS4/PS5' and we're good to go.
But what if its only on ps4/ps5?

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Good luck.
I mean, you are facing Microsoft that is finally got their shit together so it won't be free win like last time
It wasnt a free win last time.

They just didnt fuck up like the competition did.

This type of thinking is why some teams go 1-15 or a team thats undefeated wins every game expect the championship.

Its why an undefeated team can lose to a team with a terrible record.

There is no such thing as a free win.

You think it was a free win for Apple or Google in the smartphone market? Naw...they earned it.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Jim.

My pal

My homie

The driven force behind my ow so wet dreams and more..

Jim...

Give me more...

Please...

Pls jimmy pls

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Why did he say "Software" instead of "Games". Software includes different types of media. Need clarification.

Godot25

Banned
But Sony is outselling Xbox by an even bigger margin than last gen. Microsoft may have had some big announcements and positive news, but it hasn't changed the ground realities by much. Maybe in a few years perhaps when the big games start dropping? But I think this gen will be decided by then.

An interesting battle ahead of two contrasting business strategies nevertheless.
Good for Microsoft then that their business isn't entirely dependant on selling consoles, right?

It's almost like they have their services and exclusives also available on PC...

Last edited:
Top Bottom