• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan said 'No' to Kojima's next game - XboxEra Podcast

GHG

Gold Member
Am I? Can you tell me a bit about 'the problem' that I'm a part of?

So you don't think they deserved the flak that they got in that time period? You think the sentiment towards them should have been positive?

Do you also think that people shouldn't be so harsh towards Google Stadia and in the past, the Wii U and PS3 (at least before the rebrand and launch of the slim model)?

The internet is a very unforgiving place, companies typically get what they deserve. If you're part of the "team" attempting to sugarcoat things when a company is doing badly, or doing things to your detriment as a consumer of their product, then you're ultimately sending the wrong message.

Last edited:

rapid32.5

Probably because Kojima asked for tons of money.
Spider Man Lol GIF

Jim Ryan's reaction to Kojima asking tons of money at this day and age.

Last edited:
So, is it that you don't want people discussing rumours or that you don't want people discussing rumours about Sony?
im sorry you are right, we definitely needed a tenth rumors thread related to kojima, what am i thinking. I'm really looking forward to next week's edition when the rumor flips back to sony buying kojima productions and is developing an exclusive silent hill game, and then the following week when it turns out that stadia actually didnt reject his proposal, and he is making an exclusive AAAAAAAA budget boktai sequel, alongside a remake of tokimeki memorial

assurdum

Banned
Well. ..of Xbox Era is reporting it. It must be true.
Should really rename it xboxera. It was quite decent time ago but Christ it's became a fucking extension of Windows Central in the last months only God to know what it's happened behind the scene in such forum. The only time you see open a thread about a comparison it's only when the Xbox win with a discrete margin otherwise hardly you see anything. And let's not talk of the continuous stealth threads about why you should Xbox over the ps5. Well better if I stop there

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
So you don't think they deserved the flak that they got in that time period? You think the sentiment towards them should have been positive?

Do you also think that people shouldn't be so harsh towards Google Stadia and in the past, the Wii U and PS3 (at least before the rebrand and launch of the slim model)?

The internet is a very unforgiving place, companies typically get what they deserve. If you're part of the "team" attempting to sugarcoat things when a company is doing badly, or doing things to your detriment as a consumer of their product, then you're ultimately sending the wrong message.
You didn't answer my question.

What 'problem' am I a part of?

Here in the podcast Shpeshel_Ed reveals that he knew that PlayStation had passed on Kojimas next project (14 minute mark - With Jim Ryan impersonation)

So this pretty much confirms the rumors, next game is with Xbox.

Wrong, man!

Kojima Productions hiring people with UE4 knowledge for quite some time. They were never going to work only with Decima of they wanted to go Multiplatform or work with another publisher not named Sony. Also, Kojima stated that Kojima Productions is working on multiple project. Btw. happy birthday :

Again, you're overreacting surely!

Last edited:

Liar

Banned
which is ironic because kojima would retire before ever being forced to make another mgs game
Well, I was just saying what I think most gamers want from Hideo Kojima, not what he himself want to make.

He was in gaming industry since forever, and Snatcher and Policenauts are great titles for what they were, IMO, more than the first two Metal Gear games, but it is only when Metal Gear Solid happened in the late 90s that he kinda became a thing.

People may say what they want about new things, and being original, but there is a reason why so many simply want old, proven franchises (back).

Optimus Lime

Glad we got to the bottom of that one then.
We did.

Stay mad at Microsoft's 2013 launch event, though. I think it's great that people like you are still talking about it, because you're such wise and empowered consumers who won't be fooled by time travelling demon Don Mattrick.

Well, I was just saying what I think most gamers want from Hideo Kojima, not what he himself want to make.

He was in gaming industry since forever, and Snatcher and Policenauts are great titles for what they were, IMO, more than the first two Metal Gear games, but it is only when Metal Gear Solid happened in the late 90s that he kinda became a thing.

People may say what they want about new things, and being original, but there is a reason why so many simply want old, proven franchises (back).
No I get you, most MGS fans do indeed want him to like, somehow like buy the series from Konami or something and make a new MGS. Which completely ignores the fact that he hasn't wanted to make a Metal Gear game since MGS2.

farmerboy

Oh, I remember this post....

Christ, that is a bad post. But I have my moments too...

No shit, this one's a doozy.....
Jim Ryan is so tight, he says no to almost everything.

Unless it is headed by a woman... he couldn't shut down Mm bacause it's run by a woman and he gave the Canadian woman money, even though she hasn't made a game in over a decade. He will have a casting couch next...

Christ mate, get a hold of yourself.

Hugare

Who the fuck is Shpeshel_Ed and why should we trust him?

Coming from "Xbox Era Podcast", nonetheless

Not a guy who would ride the Sony hate train with some bullshit to attract viewers, no sir

Stop posting any shit that you guys find on Youtube, please

It's not like we dont have enough drama to discuss already. We dont need to invent some more.

Last edited:

driqe

Who the fuck is Shpeshel_Ed and why should we trust him?

Coming from "Xbox Era Podcast", nonetheless

Stop posting any shit that you guys find on Youtube, please

It's not like we dont have enough drama to discuss already. We dont need to invent some more.
he leaked the gearbox acquisition, ff7r on ps plus and mlb the show on gp

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
We did.

Stay mad at Microsoft's 2013 launch event, though. I think it's great that people like you are still talking about it, because you're such wise and empowered consumers who won't be fooled by time travelling demon Don Mattrick.

I was actually talking about their games output over the course of the generation since I bought the console after kinect was removed from the package.

But then I shouldn't have been surprised with the fact that it was impossible to have a reasonable conversation about their piss poor game output and OS performance over the course of the generation because the vast majority of the people who bought that console in its early years were the DRM apologists.

Optimus Lime

I was actually talking about their games output over the course of the generation since I bought the console after kinect was removed from the package.

But then I shouldn't have been surprised with the fact that it was impossible to have a reasonable conversation about their piss poor game output and OS performance over the course of the generation because the vast majority of the people who bought that console in its early years were the DRM apologists.
When did I buy the console?

thelastword

Banned
I’ll tell this! Boycott any F. Rumour unless there’s credibility!

a tons of fanboys are in the internet spewing stupidity and we end up here on neogaf discussing that crap as if it’s true!

in the past 3 days we had threads about rumours with no respectable sources.
Precisely, pretty much all the vitriol you see on Jim Ryan is propagated by a sect and has been found to be untrue, like the MLB thing everybody was accusing him of, now he said no to Kojima singlehandedely and I guess Kojima is going to XBOX right?.....

Anybody who believes all this, even in the wake of lots of demand for PS5, where we have seen some exclusives instead of just BC games is plain Naive....Nobody is trying to bushel down an injustice here and nothing Jim has done is anything close to the utter failure that is Stadia, to compare Jim's profitability, the increase in game demand under his reign next to the ET landfill that is Stadia is extreme hyperbole and untruth culture at best...

Larlight

I'm sure if the PlayStation PR did their job, this stuff wouldn't get out of hand.

But there is no communication, fans are upset and wondering what is going on.... PS execs have their heads buried in the sand.
Or maybe you along with everyone else is addicted to the 24 hour news cycle where you need answers as soon as a problem arises? How about being patient because not every company needs to be providing non stop news and coverage for every little article that comes out.

Bryank75

Banned
Or maybe you along with everyone else is addicted to the 24 hour news cycle where you need answers as soon as a problem arises? How about being patient because not every company needs to be providing non stop news and coverage for every little article that comes out.

I don't expect it every time there is an issue.... but more than once a year would be nice.

Saying no to funding it would be a smart thing to do, his last two games STUNK and he's coasting on people's nostalgic feelings for his older titles. MGSV was one of the most if not THE most overrated games of all time, 9's and 10's by "journalists" for no reason, yeah it ran at 60fps and controlled fine but the missions were rinse and repeat of each other, the open world was almost dead and the same two or three locations were used for every mission. People can blame Konami all they want but to me that seemed more like a partnership where Kojima was just getting more and more full of himself and taking his time and their money to figure out what he wanted to do along the way instead of actually having a plan from the beginning.

e&e

Banned
Do we have a Jim Mattri- um Jim Ryan The Official Thread yet?

Jim also probably thought Kojima is too full of himself and Death Stranding sucked too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom