• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan on the PS5 situation

scydrex

Give it a year or two to settle, Sony was pretty slow to start the PS4 gen (there was lots of "PS4 had no games")... That took two years.

True the PS4 but now for next year supposedly GT7, God of War and Rachet comes out... Horizon announced too maybe for 2022. Let's say only God of War or GT7 and Rachet comes out next year with now available Miles Morales and Demon Soul plus all the games that will come out for next year. Besides in my case for example haven't played Ghost of tsushima. I will not play that game on PS4 if when i get a PS5 i could play it at 4k 60fps. Cyberpunk or any other game that runs 60fps locked on PS5.

No thanks. I will get my PS5 when i can and pay it's retail price.

What's the difference with delaying a game release? I guess I should answer yes...? I've read many articles suggesting a delay was an option on the table for long, then I guess MS or Sony pushed through first and the other had to follow to not launch later than its competitor.

I'm not forcing the truth here btw, just wondering.

How old are you? Are you a kid or something? If you are not, you should never be allowed to run a business.

The difference is games are never delayed because of supply issues, which is why you are saying PS5 should be delayed.

Freeman76

There'll be no problem getting these at the end of Jan, early Feb online and I suspect they'll be stocked in Brick and Morter stores in January without need of a preorder, Ps4 was the same. "You'll never get one anywhere before spring" the gamestop employees told me meanwhile i step into a Harvey Normans in late January '14 to find them and while purchasing mine the man tells me they were stocked the latter half of Demember for the most part and couldn't get rid of them during the January sales there was such stock with expected demand that didn't come.
No chance mate, gonna be April before you can just walk in somewhere and buy one

yurinka

True the PS4 but now for next year supposedly GT7, God of War and Rachet comes out... Horizon announced too maybe for 2022. Let's say only God of War or GT7 and Rachet comes out next year with now available Miles Morales and Demon Soul plus all the games that will come out for next year. Besides in my case for example haven't played Ghost of tsushima. I will not play that game on PS4 if when i get a PS5 i could play it at 4k 60fps. Cyberpunk or any other game that runs 60fps locked on PS5.

No thanks. I will get my PS5 when i can and pay it's retail price.
Ratchet, Returnal, Destruction All Stars, Guilty Gear Strive will be H1 2021. Horizon will be released for the 2nd half of 2021, like God of War. GT7, Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo are 2021 too. PlayStation Official Magazine UK said FFXVI was 2021 but changed their text after that, but it shouldn't take too long, maybe 2022. Then there's Platinum's Babylon Fall, which I expect it to be for 2021 even if we don't have release date. Same goes with TLOU2 Factions which may end being a separate game, there isn't a release date announced but I think will be released 2021 or 2022.

Then we have the game from the new San Diego studio (new Uncharted?), Spider-Man 2, the next Bend game (Days Gone 2?), something from 2nd party studios (maybe via Sony Japan?), Project Athia, FFVIIR Ep. 2, etc. for 2022 or later.

Seems 2021 and 2022 will be packed regarding PlayStation exclusives.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Ratchet, Returnal, Destruction All Stars, Guilty Gear Strive will be H1 2021. Horizon will be released for the 2nd half of 2021, like God of War. GT7, Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo are 2021 too. PlayStation Official Magazine UK said FFXVI was 2021 but changed their text after that, but it shouldn't take too long, maybe 2022. Then there's Platinum's Babylon Fall, which I expect it to be for 2021 even if we don't have release date. Same goes with TLOU2 Factions which may end being a separate game, there isn't a release date announced but I think will be released 2021 or 2022.

Then we have the game from the new San Diego studio (new Uncharted?), Spider-Man 2, the next Bend game (Days Gone 2?), something from 2nd party studios (maybe via Sony Japan?), Project Athia, FFVIIR Ep. 2, etc. for 2022 or later.

Seems 2021 and 2022 will be packed regarding PlayStation exclusives.
We just need consoles now then I guess.

Top Bottom