• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan CEO of SIE expects PS5 to sell more than PS4 in its first year

NeoGiffer

Yes it will Jim

Yes it will

tenor.gif

Quixz

I believe Jim

Not been able to secure a single PS5 and need 3 of them for our household.

Can only buy them from GAME due to the tradein option. I don't keep old stuff around the house 🙂

This forgets that the Xbox is mostly an American and somewhat a UK brand, while Playstation is global. Even if somehow it sold equally with the PS5 in those two territories, Playstation dominates the rest of the planet. There is no chance.

I'm amazed many people dont just get this actual fact.

Xbox will do much better, sure. But Playstation is just a cultural thing for many gamers around the world.

Unknown?

I'm amazed many people dont just get this actual fact.

Xbox will do much better, sure. But Playstation is just a cultural thing for many gamers around the world.
Eh I don't think it will do better. At least not at first. They have a lot of studios but it will be some time before we see any fruit of their labor. Right now it's launching after a dud of a generation and how you performed last generation effects how you go into a new one. It's part of the reason PS4 did so well. Gamers who didn't have a PS3 saw the huge output of games Sony was releasing in 2013 while the 360 was barren for quite a few years before that if you don't count Kinect games.

Top Bottom