• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan and Playstation must be sued for misleading PS5 buyer

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Possible, but Bungie's yearly revenue is around $200-300 million and PC is only 1/3rd of that. They still need to find the remaining $230 million from somewhere else. And that means ports, lots of ports.

Another interesting thing i found is number of GaaS franchises. They count The Show 22 as a GaaS franchise, but not GT7. So it's possible they have The Show 23, Factions and another unannounced first party GaaS game coming out by March 2023. This could be the GG GaaS game they hired those rainbow six devs for. That could be the PS5/PC only game they are referencing in the PS4, PC and PS5 slide below.

u5Hkye9.png

unknown.png
Weird that GT7 isn't on there. I'd assume it was a GAAS game, but it's not anywhere on that chart.

As for Bungie, I forget. There's so many charts and Jim Ryan statements, do you remember if Bungie stuff is included or excluded from all those charts? I thought I remember they are excluded. But that might had been about some other chart or statement.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Weird that GT7 isn't on there. I'd assume it was a GAAS game, but it's not anywhere on that chart.

As for Bungie, I forget. There's so many charts and Jim Ryan statements, do you remember if Bungie stuff is included or excluded from all those charts? I thought I remember they are excluded. But that might had been about some other chart or statement.
Yeah, Bungie is an independent subsidiary that will publish its own games according to Jim Ryan, it's not part of the first party slides, but not all slides are about first party so who knows what Jimbo is upto.

Here are all the slides:

P.S GT Sports and 7 have microtransactions but all of their updates are free. It's not GaaS in that sense since there is no paid DLC, seasons, and expansions.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Yeah, Bungie is an independent subsidiary that will publish its own games according to Jim Ryan, it's not part of the first party slides, but not all slides are about first party so who knows what Jimbo is upto.

Here are all the slides:

P.S GT Sports and 7 have microtransactions but all of their updates are free. It's not GaaS in that sense since there is no paid DLC, seasons, and expansions.
Jimbo just said Destiny isn’t 1 of the 2 unannounced service games they have coming by March.

He didn’t say if Bungie’s games are factored into the 12 total service franchises they have planned.

yurinka

Here are all the slides:

[/URL][/URL]

Bungie will continue publishing under Bungie label instead of being included under PS Studios. But will be fully owned by SIE.

None of the numbers or graphs of the slide include Bungies because tthey still didn't close the acquisition, there's still some extra months of paperwork and regulators approvals left.

So everything related to planned game releases, revenue estimations, GaaS, investment in PS games, new IPs, etc. is only for PS Studios.

We have to remember that other than what is mentioned there, Bungie plans to continue supporting Destiny 2 with more stuff and to release at least one (so maybe more) new IP before 2025: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/50109

Last edited:
If and when Bungie goes through I wonder how they will factor that into their forecast. Will they update it by next year or will they pretend that they over exceeded said goal because of Bungie not being factored in?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'm gonna sue my grill manufacturer.

The fucks.

No one ever said I could grill fish on this thing. OR THAT I'D WANT TO. I had a special fish-only grill for that.

Now every filthy fish griller is grilling fish on this grill that I purchased to grill beef on? Horrendous.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Just don't get them angry by saying the best looking version will be on PC when they are touting it's the best looking next gen game to date like they do with every exclusive that gets released.
We discussed this in the past but i have to say its kind of damning you keep having these debates and at this point i am convinced its because you feel compelled to.

I mean i get it. I got into silly debates too (Where is my report button by the way EviLore EviLore ?) but you know, life, priorities...

But your priorities remained the same. And whilst gaming remains a interesting subject, you ought to get with terms that console wars aren't real wars.

At the end of the day, what you are defending and protecting is a emotionless device, no matter what platform. It really does not care how you feel about it.

That goes in a general fashion.

Tarnished

Sony finally realised the PC market is huge and wants a slice of the pie. I've been enjoying all their "exclusives". You get them years before us, so I'm not sure why you'd be upset that more people get to enjoy the games long after you've finished them.

rofif

Banned
Sony finally realised the PC market is huge and wants a slice of the pie. I've been enjoying all their "exclusives". You get them years before us, so I'm not sure why you'd be upset that more people get to enjoy the games long after you've finished them.
Real Estate Meme GIF by hero0fwar

yeah but no cap that was actually an awful case, McDonald’s used to keep their coffee at ridiculously high scalding temps and refused to settle for the woman’s medical fees and daughters lost earnings.

That old bitch needed skin grafts ffs.

This is just some man child complaining that he can’t laugh at PC users anymore.
Valid argument….but still, come the F on, the coffee is hot ffs. Lol

I'm honest with myself :

I'm too poor and lazy to have a gaming pc and spend tons of $$$ to constantly update it for being able to run the latest titles;

I don't want to live anymore with the annoying thing of looking out specs, to see if X title will run on my pc, and if not, keep salivating and looking at other ecstatic gamers who plays the latest bomb title and talks heavens about it;

I love to just save for a console - Ps5, as of now, bought two months ago -, lay my ass on the couch, having all-in-one, always updated to play the hell I want, just worrying what to buy and play next, no stress, no tech updates, no shit, best of both worlds.

I was born a pc gamer and I have lovely memories of it, but I'd never go back now that I'm 30

Also: the more people can play a title I love, the more people I have both irl and online to talk about how great it is, I HATE exclusivity to the bone, and I hate current trend to just buy an sh to make shit exclusive

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I wouldn't say that. I just think here are people that deserve it way more, but they simply don't get reported because one crow does not peck the other's eye.

Doesn't matter how many people report a post or a member. The mods ultimately make the call. Everyone is going to have a different view on who is more deserving when it comes to this sort of thing.

Doesn't matter how many people report a post or a member. The mods ultimately make the call. Everyone is going to have a different view on who is more deserving when it comes to this sort of thing.

I think that's issue here. People are assuming that mods are protecting fanboys here when that isn't the case. They probably get spammed with reports and they choose which one gets punished. From what I've seen fanboys from both sides have been hit with perms so you really can't say they favor one or the other.

Wow, did not know that that VFX guy has his own cheerleading club…

Anyways, do we already know if the upcoming ports will have some sort of cross-save functionality?

Would be interested in double dipping if so, but not gonna start from scratch on PC just for some increased fidelity.

sircaw

Banned
This guy gets banned when is always the target of trolling and others keeps puting gasoline in each and every thread…Definition of bias or donations tal

Do i personally like people getting banned, no, but VfxVet knows exactly what he is doing, this is not his first Rodeo.

He understands what the ramifications are to some of his posts, he either chooses to ignore them or simply does not care.

As for bans, like others say, we have seen them on all sides, that is simply the truth. "lollipop_disappointed:

Topher

Gold Member
I think that's issue here. People are assuming that mods are protecting fanboys here when that isn't the case. They probably get spammed with reports and they choose which one gets punished. From what I've seen fanboys from both sides have been hit with perms so you really can't say they favor one or the other.

I think it is hard for a lot of people (myself included) to look at these argument from a neutral perspective. Most of us are engaged in this and so that automatically makes us biased. I think the mods do a good job filtering out all the bullshit.

Varteras

Gold Member
Yeah. I'd have to say the mods around here actually do a pretty good job. There are some people who are or have been on this forum that just constantly act petty and childish and simply look to start shit like this is Twitter. People like that continue to get what they deserve. I've seen fanboys of different colors banned for their stupidity. But sometimes there are periods where one fanbase just seems to have a greater number of posters engaging in lame forum conduct.

Also, sometimes people get worked up and think that someone saying something they don't like to read or hear is somehow them being deserving of moderation. Again, the mods do a pretty good job of understanding the kind of posters each of us are. I've seen people with a history of certain kinds of posts make a comment that on the surface would seem harmless if you didn't know who they are, but the mods end up moderating or banning them. Because they recognize the patterns and know what that person is up to.

If you really want a good look at what bad moderation looks like, look at ResetEra. Where you're banned if they find out you're anything but a part of the Left Wing Hive Mind. Where they will actually seek out any of their members on other corners of the internet and ban them from the forum if they see them posting something disagreeable elsewhere. VGChartz also had a joke of a moderation team before I left there 8 years ago. They would frequently impose new rules while changing old rules, allow posters with a clear bias to become mods, allow posters to get away with clear instigation but ban you the moment you said a single cross word to that person, etc. It was a shit show. And it was a big reason why that forum fell apart. It's why you can go there right now, look at their general gaming forum, and see only 4 threads with a post in them within the last 24 hours.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
I think it is hard for a lot of people (myself included) to look at these argument from a neutral perspective. Most of us are engaged in this and so that automatically makes us biased. I think the mods do a good job filtering out all the bullshit.
FS MODS, BAN THIS GOD DAMN AGITATOR NOW FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. "lollipop_disappointed:

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Sorry I’m not gonna read all 16 pages. I’m assuming OP has hired a lawyer and launched a class action lawsuit, right? Any info how we can join?

Yeah. I'd have to say the mods around here actually do a pretty good job. There are some people who are or have been on this forum that just constantly act petty and childish and simply look to start shit like this is Twitter. People like that continue to get what they deserve. I've seen fanboys of different colors banned for their stupidity. But sometimes there are periods where one fanbase just seems to have a greater number of posters engaging in lame forum conduct.

Also, sometimes people get worked up and think that someone saying something they don't like to read or hear is somehow them being deserving of moderation. Again, the mods do a pretty good job of understanding the kind of posters each of us are. I've seen people with a history of certain kinds of posts make a comment that on the surface would seem harmless if you didn't know who they are, but the mods end up moderating or banning them. Because they recognize the patterns and know what that person is up to.

If you really want a good look at what bad moderation looks like, look at ResetEra. Where you're banned if they find out you're anything but a part of the Left Wing Hive Mind. Where they will actually seek out any of their members on other corners of the internet and ban them from the forum if they see them posting something disagreeable elsewhere. VGChartz also had a joke of a moderation team before I left there 8 years ago. They would frequently impose new rules while changing old rules, allow posters with a clear bias to become mods, allow posters to get away with clear instigation but ban you the moment you said a single cross word to that person, etc. It was a shit show. And it was a big reason why that forum fell apart. It's why you can go there right now, look at their general gaming forum, and see only 4 threads with a post in them within the last 24 hours.

I’m not neutral or anything, But I do visit the ban page frequently and most of the time it’s obvious why someone gets a ban. I know the mods are not perfect and are capable of making mistakes but I don’t really see any proof that there’s an extreme bias to one side. I guess what really messes up peoples perceptions is their bias like Topher Topher said. Once you push that to the side it becomes easier to see how fair or unfair the mods are.

What started this line of comments was VFXs ban. Honestly I have him on ignore because he would derail threads regularly due to his PCMR attitude and picking fights with PlayStation fans. I also noticed he would demand the mods to police his threads and he would act like a victim. Not surprised that his recent ban covered those few things, I know he has an impressive CV and does have knowledge to share but that doesn’t excuse him of his behavior. I guess the mods had enough after giving him plenty of chances so he’s on a perm warning. If he changes his attitude for the better he won’t leave us but if he doesn’t he’ll see a perm. It’s up to him to stay with us not the people who report his comments.

K2D

Banned
Yikes this corner is cancerous (all sides). Glad I'm not my keyboard warrior self ano 2006 and still able to enjoy gaming.

MikeM

Back on topic- I don’t think PS has any plans to launch same day on both console and PS unless its a game that needs a high player count to survive.

In the end, they rely on sub revenue for 2/3 of their revenue? They need people to buy their boxes, so giving people an out (aka day 1 on PC) will make people like me leave.

Top Bottom