• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan and Playstation must be sued for misleading PS5 buyer

Calm down Jackie, I just want to make him look like a chicken that I can fuck.

images

Sure thing.

SSfox

To me it's simple, i will just buy way less SWW games day one from now on, Jim and Hermen level of traitors is just out of this world, usually i buy every Sony exclusive even if i don't plan to play right away or don't have time ect just to support SWW, but this will change from my side, only 2022/2023 SWW game i'll be getting day one is GOWR.

Sold Returnal MM Horizon 2 and Ratchet, kept GT7 and DmS, i'll get GOWR, and no Spiderman or WV, maybe way later until they become cheap AF or something.

Last edited:
I dont think the OP literally meant he was going to sue Jim Ryan, he's just expressing his frustration at the misleading statements made by Sony.

• Like you pointed out, the intentionally hid that MM and Horizon were cross gen.
  • They advertised GT5 as a PS5 game in ads that had clear language for other games that were cross gen.
  • They tried to charge an extra $10 for Horizon after promising it would be a free upgrade.
  • They tried to pass off RE8 as a PS5 title knowing full well it was cross gen.
  • They are now trying to pass off RE4 as a PS5 only game when everyone can see it looks cross gen as fuck.
  • Now they are trying to hide that FF16 might not be a console exclusive like it was when it was first announced. The language is conspicuously missing.

That is the core of the OP's issues with Jim Ryan. I mean the guy literally promised that he is going to offer games that can only be enjoyed on PS5 and has ZERO next gen games coming out from his studios in 2022. Zero. We just got done ripping Phil Spencer a new asshole for not having anything ready for 2022, but we are oddly ok with Jim Ryan doing the same just because he released some last gen games this year even though he promised the following TWO years ago:

“IT IS TIME TO GIVE THE PLAYSTATION COMMUNITY SOMETHING NEW, SOMETHING DIFFERENT, THAT CAN REALLY ONLY BE ENJOYED ON PS5.”
EXACTLY! This is the crux. Take any one thing that has happened under Jim Ryan's Sony and it wouldn't be that bad, but added all up (cross gen+lackluster BC support/ps5 "upgrades"/$70 games/shift of focus to PC) and it feels like ps5 owners are getting a bit of a raw deal.

PS- I specifically remember multiple GT7 trailers that simply stated "Playstation 5 exclusive"

Brigandier

To me it's simple, i will just buy way less SWW games day one from now on, Jim and Hermen level of traitors is just out of this world, usually i buy every Sony exclusive even if i don't plan or don't have time play right away just to support SWW, but this will change from my side, only 2022/2023 SWW game i'll be getting day one is GOWR.

Sold Returnal MM Horizon 2 and Ratchet, kept GT7 and DmS, i'll get GOWR, and no Spiderman or WV, maybe way later until they become cheap AF or something.
You sound mental 😂 😂 🤦‍♂️

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I'm ultra passionate about playstation since PS1, so yes i'm more than serious specially when i see the level of prostitution the brand is experiencing recently thanks to the 2 clowns leaders Hermen and Jim.
Maybe direct that passion to making a console that crushes the playstation then? 🤔

yurinka

We'll all have to wait and see how accurate Ryan's and Hurst's statement is about no day one PC games with 12 GAAS games in development.

And whether they are all PS4 oldies or not.
2 of these 12 GaaS games are MLB 22 and Gran Turismo 7. A future MLB is the only one I see in PC day one.

But as far as we know the one released in FY21, the two released in FY22 and the two released in FY25 are PS only releases. So it's fair to assume the FY23 and FY24 too. Btw, we're talking here about PS Studios games.

image.png

Other than these 12 games/franchises (meaning this list doesn't count yearly MLB releases) there's Destiny 2 and at least one new Bungie IP to be released in this period that isn't included in this list/graph and that will be released day one on PC and Xbox.

I think that as will happen with the Uncharted 4 and (special case since PC publisher is another one) Death Stranding remasters with extra content some PS Studios GaaS may be released around half a year after the PS release instead of years later.

I think -as Hermen said- they'll experiment with different distances and specially in the case of GaaS they try to go closer to the PS5 launch, maybe up to around half a year being the closest, but not day one.

Last edited:

SSfox

Never FORGET:

Hermen Hulst: “And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn’t necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance.”

Even describing this as a "Liar" isn't enough, as the lying level is out of this world.

PhaseJump

Banned
Hyperbolic language like "traitors" and throwing around ideas like lawsuits, because the toy maker of your choosing does business in a more sensible way during a chip shortage. Keep fighting that good fight, console warriors.

c036fed3-9eec-4a50-bee0-736e9c4bed37_text.gif

yurinka

That's uh... really dedicated I suppose. Can't say I agree with any of it, or that it's accurate... or that it's based on reality.

But hey, you made graphs so kudos for that.
The Sony graphs, games released and what Hermen and Ryan said aren't "accurate" or "based on reality". They are facts. You may reject reality and prefer to believe in fantasies, but that is another things.

The Sony graphs are from here, I only added the top right one and calculated the number of games of the top left one to make them easier to read:
https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/irday/pdf/2022/GNS_E.pdf

Regarding Ryan and Hermen statements, use Google.

People in denial keep saying it only old games, not Sony.
Nah, they said it several times and even made pictures of it (I posted them above and made it easier to understand), plus all the PC ports they released and announced are old, none of them are day one. You are the one in denial.

Last edited:

Excess

Most people who weren't sniffing Jim's farts for the past few years knew this is where things were going because it made business sense. Now, we're simply experiencing the reactions of cognitive dissonance occurring.

Very interesting watch. I almost feel bad.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Never FORGET:

Hermen Hulst: “And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn’t necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance.”

Even describing this as a "Liar" isn't enough, as the lying level is out of this world.
Funny thing about this is that they later tried to say that they ported GOW and Days Gone because of HZD's reception by PC gamers. Except that devs confirmed both ports had been in dev for 2 years, a full year before HZD even launched on PC.

Funny thing about this is that they later tried to say that they ported GOW and Days Gone because of HZD's reception by PC gamers. Except that devs confirmed both ports had been in dev for 2 years, a full year before HZD even launched on PC.
It's all bullshit, they were testing the waters. It's just like when they had crossgen games being developed but didn't announce until they were sure they wouldn't need them to be PS5 only.

They had to start somewhere and in two years we went from pretty much nothing to Spider-Man, God of War, Uncharted and Horizon all being released for PC. Does anyone honestly believes they'll start now that they already created the precedent?

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Airbus Jr Airbus Jr Sony makes great games. So if more people can enjoy great games while making more money for Sony, I see that as a win/win situation.
And if you don't see the benefit of it, think about it like that: the outcome of money from PC ports may be a way to invest in smaller and more dangerous project, leading to a more diverse line up of first party titles.

Mobilemofo

Shit changes. It's actually good the pc crowd can play some of the classic playstation games. Good for Sony, good for gamers. Especially the pc fucks, might shut em up for a while about motherboards, ram, blah blah zzzz. 😄

Neofire

We knew Jim and company were lying lol considering how the structure of the Playstation division has shifted from when Andrew House was running things I'm not surprised at the new management's "anything for a dollar" type of strategy.

I Like the Playstation brand from it's inception in 1994 but I do not wish to be thrown under the bus after buying a new system (post) if they start to shift to PC(a platform I do not plan to game on). So I will definitely keep my eye out on how they move in the next few years.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Jesus Christ, stop crying you absolute weapons.
PlayStation games on PC, doesn't devalue the PlayStation platform, because the two have two entirely different cost of entry, and target audiences.

Fucking hell man.
But how am I supposed to feel special on the playground if I can't brag that they can't play a game I can play? It also makes list wars totally pointless now.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Kinda obvious that once they've made as much money as they can on console, they can drop it on PC for a bit more income and exposure.

It doesn't take 2 years to do a PS4 to PC port either. They could turn stuff around in a few months considering how similar things are architecturally and the sheer amount of performance headroom! So if there's 18months to 2 years delay, that's because its the timing that suits them best.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Never FORGET:

So if every Sony first party game ever made ports to PC except Lair, Hurst's statement about putting minds at ease is technically correct.

Got to give Hurst credit for making a statement that gives him an out.

DeaDPo0L84

Every game that's been ported so far has remained true to the "exclusive" advertising at launch being these games didn't release on pc until years later.

If they start releasing day and date they'll more than likely change the verbage to "console exclusive".

But honestly are you mad that some games are no longer exclusive to your choice of platform or that every time they get ported you are now playing the inferior version? Regardless it existing on pc doesn't diminish the console product so...move on?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
But honestly are you mad that some games are no longer exclusive to your choice of platform or that every time they get ported you are now playing the inferior version? Regardless it existing on pc doesn't diminish the console product so...move on?
Stop being gatekeepers and bitching about games being ported 2-3 sometimes 4 years later on PC.
Easier said than done.

Some gamers have ecosystem expectations only their box gets the games.

Their thinking is if they spend $500 on a plastic box, they should treated like royalty. Then ask them if PC games get day one releases, are they going to sell their PS system at a loss and buy a good PC to play those games? Or buy those games on their existing PC which may or may not even be good? Most will say no anyway. So what difference does it make if another plastic box gets the same game at the same time?

Last edited:
Top Bottom