• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez Corden - Warner Bros is interested in selling NetherRealm and TT Games

GhostOfTsu

Banned
At this rate I just feel sorry for Xbox fans. Xbox influencers and hype men purposely lie to them on a daily basis multiple times a day. Not just little white lies, big bold, blatant lies.
It's the only way to keep Xbox in the news and it works everytime. Their fans crave acquisitions more than anything and they go absolutely crazy for it. Go read Xboxera to see how far gone they are.

I recognize some of the posters here. They drop all pretense and show their real faces there (fantasize about MS buying Steam and all major publishers just to keep it off Sony = their biggest dream)

Kilau

Gold Member
WB Studios will be sold.
That's a 100%.

When and how many remains to be seen, but it will happen.
Mark my words.

I take bets up to 10k on it.

tenor.gif

Dabaus

Banned
It's the only way to keep Xbox in the news and it works everytime. Their fans crave acquisitions more than anything and they go absolutely crazy for it. Go read Xboxera to see how far gone they are.

I recognize some of the posters here. They drop all pretense and show their real faces there (fantasize about MS buying Steam and all major publishers just to keep it off Sony = their biggest dream)
Xbox fandom, or at least the segment that post on forum boards don’t seem to talk about games anymore. Halo infinite came and went and is free to play now so all the hype has evaporated for that. Star field is the next big thing to them but won’t be out for at least a year and half at best and even then we don’t know much about it. Forza is forza and gears seems completely irrelevant now thanks to questionable story, gameplay and character decisions. It’s all about who will MS buy to stick it to PlayStation gamers. You know, the people who actually bought the game and the product to make it popular and what it is in the first place.

So here we are with the onslaught of rumors and fake news of MS buying this and buying that. The only group of people cheering this on are the same avatars that have been banned here and other places that I now see in the insane asylum that is Xbox era. Like, companies don’t have to be acquired to put stuff in gamespass so I don’t understand the cheerleading wanting a trillion dollar company who at best has had mild success buying out the industry. Nobody wants this except for an extremely bitter small segment of forum dwellers and that seems to be who MSs marketing is aimed towards.

Flood the news cycle with fake news then when it gets debunked they’re already on to the next fake news cycle.
The only thing that baffles me is that MS ceo goes out there with a video saying they’re all in on gaming. Either some there’s rumors are true or xbox is in such a bad position sales and mindshare wise that Microsoft has to send the ceo out to make people feel good that Xbox will be around. Maybe both who knows.

Last edited:

Derift

Xbox fandom, or at least the segment that post on forum boards don’t seem to talk about games anymore. Halo infinite came and went and is free to play now so all the hype has evaporated for that. Star field is the next big thing to them but won’t be out for at least a year and half at best and even then we don’t know much about it. Forza is forza and gears seems completely irrelevant now thanks to questionable story, gameplay and character decisions. It’s all about who will MS buy to stick it to PlayStation gamers. You know, the people who actually bought the game and the product to make it popular and what it is in the first place.

So here we are with the onslaught of rumors and fake news of MS buying this and buying that. The only group of people cheering this on are the same avatars that have been banned here and other places that I now see in the insane asylum that is Xbox era. Like, companies don’t have to be acquired to put stuff in gamespass so I don’t understand the cheerleading wanting a trillion dollar company who at best has had mild success buying out the industry. Nobody wants this except for an extremely bitter small segment of forum dwellers and that seems to be who MSs marketing is aimed towards.

Flood the news cycle with fake news then when it gets debunked they’re already on to the next fake news cycle.
The only thing that baffles me is that MS ceo goes out there with a video saying they’re all in on gaming. Either some there’s rumors are true or xbox is in such a bad position sales and mindshare wise that Microsoft has to send the ceo out to make people feel good that Xbox will be around. Maybe both who knows.
I remember watching a Windows central podcast video and the comments were filled with people begging for acquisitions.... one even said they should buy Sony bend... at this point it's really not about the games anymore... that's why Phil can literally release 2 consoles with no next gen games other than the medium.... 9 months into the gen and still no next gen games

NewYork214

Sony needs a fighting franchise. Would be sick. But I don't see them doing it.

Would be cool if they got all their IP into mortal kombat. Or even a new playstation IP 2d fighting game.

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned

I remember watching a Windows central podcast video and the comments were filled with people begging for acquisitions.... one even said they should buy Sony bend... at this point it's really not about the games anymore... that's why Phil can literally release 2 consoles with no next gen games other than the medium.... 9 months into the gen and still no next gen games
A couple of posters here try to pretend it's about the games but if you go on Xbox sites they tell it like it really is. Their #1 priority (and ONLY) is to keep games off Sony by any means necessary.

They cheer for MS to buy the whole industry. This is their biggest dream and fantasy. They all talk about it openly with tears in their eyes.

spons

Gold Member

Welcome to next gen bro. People thrive on bullshit to validate their new and way too expensive purchases. Sony or Microsoft, it doesn't even matter.

It all boils down to e-celeb fucks like Jez Corden, Jeff Grubb, Emily Rogers and all those other fucks who make a living out of bullshitting on the internet. They are living marketing machines. Constantly Tweeting shit about the "next best thing" that's "absolutely" going to happen, and surprise, it's fucking nothing. Stop following these people, stop believing their lies, stop interacting with them. Fuck 'em.

NRS would cost more than it's worth to buy just to start KI up again, it's not that popular of a franchise and to make them totally change what they are good at to fit KI would be a huge mistake. The big sticking point is the Mortal Kombat IP, I think to buy NRS you'd almost have to require that the IP comes along with it and that you work out some kind of deal with WB when it comes to animated movies or feature films. Sony has an entertainment division so they could work with WB on those things if need be but if the studio isn't being bought to make Mortal Kombat and Injustice games what's the point?
MK IP is with Ed boon. It follows him wherever he goes.

A couple of posters here try to pretend it's about the games but if you go on Xbox sites they tell it like it really is. Their #1 priority (and ONLY) is to keep games off Sony by any means necessary.

They cheer for MS to buy the whole industry. This is their biggest dream and fantasy. They all talk about it openly with tears in their eyes.

All I'm reading here is a collection of your biggest fears, and the biggest fears of a lot of Playstation fans. Nobody is seriously as bothered about acquisitions as you guys appear to be, starting up change.org petitions all over the place to fire jim ryan and to acquire more studios, and to have Starfield release on Playstation, and whatever other desperate gambits I've seen from Playstation fans.

It's absolutely about games with Xbox fans because we can actually acknowledge Microsoft seriously dropped the ball with their first party output further into the Xbox One gen after starting out very strong. And when you say keep games off sony by any means necessary, wasn't it Playstation fans for years who said exclusives add value to an eco-system or platform? Wasn't it Playstation fans who kept laughing and bragging that Xbox had no games? Suddenly Playstation fans are crying and want all these games that belong to studios owned by Xbox as opposed to just sucking it up the way Xbox fans do and buy the other platform in order to play its exclusives, or, you know, use those amazing high end PCs that everybody has been claiming for years they have, but suddenly now no longer possess since Xbox purchased Bethesda.

Just because Microsoft bought a number of studios, purchased Zenimax/Bethesda, and is investing heavily into xbox publishing deals with independent studios to bring more AAA titles to Xbox, which may or may not lead to those studios becoming part of Xbox, suddenly it's now wrong to get excited over exclusives? Suddenly exclusives aren't cool anymore?

Is it only cool to brag about exclusives and games not going to another platform when it works in favor of Playstation?

Because that's what is really at the heart of all the bitterness from many (not all) Playstation fans. They can sure dish it out, but can't ever seem to take it. Nobody is whining about Insomniac becoming Playstation exclusive and taking easily one of the best Xbox exclusives (and best last gen games period) with them over to Playstation. Shit happens. You think there aren't tons of Spider-Man fans on Xbox? We just acknowledge that Sony has ownership over the property. If we want to play Spider-Man, we get Playstation. Xbox gamers aren't whining about not getting Final Fantasy 16 or Forspoken from Square Enix. Playstation fans get to be happy that those are exclusive, am I right?

Sony may be getting MGS 1 remake as an exclusive. That would be huge and exciting. If that's how it is, then that's how it is, and that would be a big win for Playstation. And that's fine. Why do playstation fans fear competition so much? They love Final Fantasy VII remake still not being on Xbox, and brag about it constantly even though a lot of them will never even play the game. Many Xbox fans who couldn't wait got it on their playstations. I, because I know the story isn't even finished being told and I've played the original, am willing to wait for the eventual Xbox version and for them to finish releasing EVERYTHING. If it never comes, then I play it on PS5. I have no issue with that.

So with all that said, yes, I'm VERY happy id software is now an Xbox exclusive first party studio and it means new Doom games will only come to Xbox consoles.
I'm VERY happy that Starfield is exclusive to Xbox consoles. I'm very happy Arkane's next big IP Redfall is exclusive to Xbox consoles. I'm very happy the next Elder Scrolls will be exclusive to Xbox consoles.

I want Indiana Jones from MachineGames to be exclusive to Xbox also. I hope the Wolfenstein franchise, future Fallout singleplayer games, future Dishonored games and anything new and big that's being worked on at Bethesda are all exclusive to xbox consoles. Why? Because Microsoft bought them for $7.5 billion. That's why. You spend that kind of money to have final say on some shit. And because Microsoft has final say, I want first party studios owned by Microsoft and Xbox to focus on xbox specific APIs and hardware features to get the most out of those systems and what they can do. It makes no sense anymore after the acquisition for them to work on Playstation titles outside of binding contracts and supporting existing game releases.

The less platforms they need to concern themselves with, the better the games can be. Would Playstation fans want first party studios like Insomniac, Naughty Dog and Guerilla to not be so focused on Playstation specific hardware and features that they don't take advantage of the Kraken decompression unit and all the mechanisms designed to get the most out of the PS5 SSD? Of course not. So Xbox fans want Xbox First Parties to worry only about Xbox. As much as people hate to see it, that now means all of Bethesda and every studio and game IP they own.

And, yes, I do hope Xbox acquires more studios because I see them building something incredible with Game Pass, and I want it to become even better. I like the idea of Xbox growing their first party operation into more of a powerhouse games factory that delivers more and more incredible games for the xbox ecosystem between xbox consoles, PC and the cloud and whatever form that may ultimately take with newer devices in the coming years.

And guess what? I want Sony to do the same with their own resources as it fits their specific needs. It's called COMPETITION. Sony could have approached every single company that Microsoft has, but either didn't, or did but didn't have what the studios/companies were looking for. Let's not blame Microsoft for having ample resources, choosing to invest those resources, and getting acquired studios to agree with them.

Enough sour grapes over Microsoft aggressively pursuing more gaming studios and building out their gaming operation. If people are so impressed and satisfied with what Sony are already offering, and has been offering for years, what's there to be upset about? What happens will happen.

Dabaus

Banned
Another fake insider, they never end.
I’m not sure which fake insider you’re referring to here but to be fair every fake news hype guy in Xbox’s orbit all said the same thing. Jez, grubb, Klondike, special Ed/Nick, even fringe lunatics like boomstick gaming all claimed to have the goods. It’s amazing how much these guys can get wrong or bold face lie about and still have credibility with people.

Edit: It’s also amazing how irrelevant these people are in the real world too. Most of these Xbox podcaster average like at best 2000 views a show. For all this hype and good news for Xbox nobody seems to care.

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
All I'm reading here is a collection of your biggest fears, and the biggest fears of a lot of Playstation fans. Nobody is seriously as bothered about acquisitions as you guys appear to be, starting up change.org petitions all over the place to fire jim ryan and to acquire more studios, and to have Starfield release on Playstation, and whatever other desperate gambits I've seen from Playstation fans.
Actually I read on Xboxera that those Change petitions were started by a Xbox troll and same for the latest Kojima one, to make Sony fans look desperate. I believe it because the most active posters in the jim/we believe in generations and cross-gen threads are always xbox users, even starting polls and shit. This is their MO.

The rest is the usual 'we are the persecuted, the poor victims now it's our turn' that is always posted everywhere. Bye.

Derift

It's absolutely about games with Xbox fans because we can actually acknowledge Microsoft seriously dropped the ball with their first party output further into the Xbox One gen after starting out very strong. And when you say keep games off sony by any means necessary, wasn't it Playstation fans for years who said exclusives add value to an eco-system or platform? Wasn't it Playstation fans who kept laughing and bragging that Xbox had no games? Suddenly Playstation fans are crying and want all these games that belong to studios owned by Xbox as opposed to just sucking it up the way Xbox fans do and buy the other platform in order to play its exclusives, or, you know, use those amazing high end PCs that everybody has been claiming for years they have, but suddenly now no longer possess since Xbox purchased Bethesda.

Just because Microsoft bought a number of studios, purchased Zenimax/Bethesda, and is investing heavily into xbox publishing deals with independent studios to bring more AAA titles to Xbox, which may or may not lead to those studios becoming part of Xbox, suddenly it's now wrong to get excited over exclusives? Suddenly exclusives aren't cool anymore?

Is it only cool to brag about exclusives and games not going to another platform when it works in favor of Playstation?

Because that's what is really at the heart of all the bitterness from many (not all) Playstation fans. They can sure dish it out, but can't ever seem to take it. Nobody is whining about Insomniac becoming Playstation exclusive and taking easily one of the best Xbox exclusives (and best last gen games period) with them over to Playstation. Shit happens. You think there aren't tons of Spider-Man fans on Xbox? We just acknowledge that Sony has ownership over the property. If we want to play Spider-Man, we get Playstation. Xbox gamers aren't whining about not getting Final Fantasy 16 or Forspoken from Square Enix. Playstation fans get to be happy that those are exclusive, am I right?

Sony may be getting MGS 1 remake as an exclusive. That would be huge and exciting. If that's how it is, then that's how it is, and that would be a big win for Playstation. And that's fine. Why do playstation fans fear competition so much? They love Final Fantasy VII remake still not being on Xbox, and brag about it constantly even though a lot of them will never even play the game. Many Xbox fans who couldn't wait got it on their playstations. I, because I know the story isn't even finished being told and I've played the original, am willing to wait for the eventual Xbox version and for them to finish releasing EVERYTHING. If it never comes, then I play it on PS5. I have no issue with that.

So with all that said, yes, I'm VERY happy id software is now an Xbox exclusive first party studio and it means new Doom games will only come to Xbox consoles.
I'm VERY happy that Starfield is exclusive to Xbox consoles. I'm very happy Arkane's next big IP Redfall is exclusive to Xbox consoles. I'm very happy the next Elder Scrolls will be exclusive to Xbox consoles.

I want Indiana Jones from MachineGames to be exclusive to Xbox also. I hope the Wolfenstein franchise, future Fallout singleplayer games, future Dishonored games and anything new and big that's being worked on at Bethesda are all exclusive to xbox consoles. Why? Because Microsoft bought them for $7.5 billion. That's why. You spend that kind of money to have final say on some shit. And because Microsoft has final say, I want first party studios owned by Microsoft and Xbox to focus on xbox specific APIs and hardware features to get the most out of those systems and what they can do. It makes no sense anymore after the acquisition for them to work on Playstation titles outside of binding contracts and supporting existing game releases.

The less platforms they need to concern themselves with, the better the games can be. Would Playstation fans want first party studios like Insomniac, Naughty Dog and Guerilla to not be so focused on Playstation specific hardware and features that they don't take advantage of the Kraken decompression unit and all the mechanisms designed to get the most out of the PS5 SSD? Of course not. So Xbox fans want Xbox First Parties to worry only about Xbox. As much as people hate to see it, that now means all of Bethesda and every studio and game IP they own.

And, yes, I do hope Xbox acquires more studios because I see them building something incredible with Game Pass, and I want it to become even better. I like the idea of Xbox growing their first party operation into more of a powerhouse games factory that delivers more and more incredible games for the xbox ecosystem between xbox consoles, PC and the cloud and whatever form that may ultimately take with newer devices in the coming years.

And guess what? I want Sony to do the same with their own resources as it fits their specific needs. It's called COMPETITION. Sony could have approached every single company that Microsoft has, but either didn't, or did but didn't have what the studios/companies were looking for. Let's not blame Microsoft for having ample resources, choosing to invest those resources, and getting acquired studios to agree with them.

Enough sour grapes over Microsoft aggressively pursuing more gaming studios and building out their gaming operation. If people are so impressed and satisfied with what Sony are already offering, and has been offering for years, what's there to be upset about? What happens will happen.
lol it won't take me to find post of Xbox fans saying they literally want Square Enix to take away games from PlayStation.... please no fanbase is without fault lets not play the victim game here... i have seen known xbox fans like kid smoove admit that he's never played a Bethesda game yet he's happy for the acquisition... why if he was already gona get those games (and not play them) lets not act like this isn't a thing dude

Thief1987

I have never seen so much miserable fanboy bullshit in a single post, wow

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
People should be concerned about consolidation. At the end of the day its just more eggs in the same basket, which automatically means that more things become dependent on the health of the same ecosystem. Its just more risk, and that's significant when what's being bought isn't just discrete product, but developers and studios that require continuous ongong investment.

Also, never forget that corporate behemoths like MS rarely -if ever- sell off properties they own, even when they no longer have use for them. They just leave them to rot as they have no need for the cash recouped by selling them off. So essentially, if they lose faith in its profitability... its dead and gone and unlikely to ever come back.

It is a cause for reasonable concern irrespective of whoever is doing the acquisitions/consolidation.

Dane

Because they think they are entitled to everything, this is what happens when a company win two straight gens on huge margins, you have a bigger than others rabid fanbase that whine when any other competition manages to do something and show its muscles.

I personally doesn't give a shit if tomorrow Microsoft releases Xbox games on Playstation too, more choice to players, but as you said, this isn't how business normally operate on this side. and here's the major questions, where were these guys when:

1) FF7 Remake and FF16 became Playstation exclusives even if Square had changed their position on the 7th gen to launch all the mainline games on PC, Xbox and PS day and date?

2) Shenmue 3 being exclusive to Playstation even if Shenmue 2 was ironically an Xbox exclusive on North America and the only version to had an english dub, plus Sega would release 1+2 on the three platforms.

3) When Sony snatched Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo when there was no indication on the first trailer of both games at E3 2019? Not only that, they were trying to snatch Starfield, and Bethesda has been a long time marketing partner with Microsoft, shouldn't have been these titles exclusives to Xbox in the first place?

They don't care, they only want to force their optics and be hostile to anyone who dares to compete against Sony, and start to use stupid arguments such as claming that Jez. Grubb and others are fake insiders when they have a great track record.

-Remember when they believed anyone with zero claims and proofs that the PS5 was 13-14TF and called anyone else as a dumb xbox shill when they referred the Github that had a proto PS5 hardware being 9.2TF due to a lower clock while the Xbox SX was 12TF? Turns out the Github leak was correct.

-Remember when they cancelled DuskGolem because he said he saw RE8 running with framerate issues on PS5 during development, believed to run better on XSX due to the more powerful hardware and only spoke out because people even in REEEEera were bashing the Xbox non stop? At the end of the day, RE8 does run indeed better on XSX.

-Remember when they came after Linus because he said that the PS5 SSD was not faster than what PC had? Turns out results are mixed.

Most of the time, if not, entirely, all kinds of accusations and flame wars comes from these guys, and when people kick back they think its unfair and accuse of what they are. It's no wonder why PC, Nintendo and Xbox and no preference fanbases tend to get more along than with these rabid fanboys which unfortunately are a loud minority due to the brand well deserved popularity.

If y'all weren't such corporate bootlickers and tantrum throwers against other platforms, no one would have these discussions in the first place. You get what you give, and right now Microsoft warchest is open to be enough to win the "mother of all console wars" because its Xbox who seems to be walking towards its PS1-2 gameshare momentum, rather than having an average of 2-4 exclusives in a year, it could have one every month or less, and that also enables them into a higher ground were they can make better deals for gamepass and have more and more developers on their side. It didn't have to end like this, and perhaps it won't be benefical at the long run when you look at how smug Sony and Microsoft were with the PS3 and Xbox One.

Renozokii

Don’t forget astroturfing, Microsoft’s favorite after school activity. Hmm, why is it that every even moderately known Xbox “insider” all constantly have bits and pieces of Microsoft news and are always super duper excited about it? How come they never actually leak it in full? Screen shots or actual info. Xbox insiders that can give you a code name for a partnership between Avalanche studios and Xbox, will talk endlessly about how innovative it will be, but won’t even give the actual name? “Ohhh Xbox has some exciting news this week!!” Well if you’re a fucking leaker… leak it?

Last edited:

Ozzie666

Need content and attractions for those future on line streaming services. The gaming industry is going in a direction that can't be stopped. Much to our dismay. Gaming is going to look entirely different in 20 years. Then there will be Nintendo, the last bastion of light.

Actually I read on Xboxera that those Change petitions were started by a Xbox troll and same for the latest Kojima one, to make Sony fans look desperate. I believe it because the most active posters in the jim/we believe in generations and cross-gen threads are always xbox users, even starting polls and shit. This is their MO.

The rest is the usual 'we are the persecuted, the poor victims now it's our turn' that is always posted everywhere. Bye.

We aren't persecuted, we're getting aggressive Microsoft and a locked in Xbox with, in the coming years through game pass, a top games value untouched in past or modern history if some of these games hit the way they have the potential to. The Xbox Game Pass lineup is going to be legendary with all those big day ones from Microsoft's first parties. It effectively changes the games industry as we know it. Nintendo will do it at some point, Sony will almost certainly eventually do it one day also. Microsoft, for once, is actually ahead of the curve rather than arriving to the party late.

Sony and Nintendo will likely just choose to make it a little bit more expensive than $10 or $15 for their games, which is something I totally think both can get away with. I already view games as a higher form of entertainment than movies. Gamers will spend for their catalog of games, especially newer ones, delivered in a different way.

30 years is a long time in the business, and frankly its kinda suprising that TT has lasted this long. Especially after Jon (Burton) cashed out, because it was always a studio built in his image... for better and worse LOL
I'd heard that Jon Burton's leaving was... semi-welcomed? Really that toxic?

TT Games I love/hate: I've got many fun memories of playing their games with my kids as they grew up, but as a PC owner, they drove me potty - bugs just never fixed. And to be blunt, it felt like when the TT Fusion people came in, the innovations and general spit and polish returned as well - otherwise I honestly think we'd still be playing reskins of Lego Star Wars. I say that based on the games TT Fusion have their names attached to, Lego City being their best.

Honestly yea cause for me personally having the games on game pass is so convenient when I hear a game I like is coming to it I’m happy about it. MS did a good job of making these moves something consumers can root for cause it’s free advertisement.

Dane

Yeah that's the dongle one.

So the "Jez is WRONNNG" evidence, isn't even evidence and even if it were, what Jez said wasn't wrong it just haven't been revealed yet.
ac80e23c57e8e32f4772ca57011f16742c2cf917.png

f5f86f8bc24a30d12d5a7b5dfdc458c47b0b5dac.png

Reminder that Klobrille was the first one to break the news over Obsidian acquisition months before, he got the letter of intent, apparently there was some sorta of API exploit at the time he could access some Microsoft documents or something else. These guys are more legit than your average "It FaKe FoR ClIcKs" users. Jez was the one who confirmed Xbox Series S existance and it was either him or Tom Warren who managed to snag a copy of the console's presentation a day before pre orders went up, he also was the first one to leak about Contraband.

Last edited:
Because they think they are entitled to everything, this is what happens when a company win two straight gens on huge margins, you have a bigger than others rabid fanbase that whine when any other competition manages to do something and show its muscles.

I personally doesn't give a shit if tomorrow Microsoft releases Xbox games on Playstation too, more choice to players, but as you said, this isn't how business normally operate on this side. and here's the major questions, where were these guys when:

1) FF7 Remake and FF16 became Playstation exclusives even if Square had changed their position on the 7th gen to launch all the mainline games on PC, Xbox and PS day and date?

2) Shenmue 3 being exclusive to Playstation even if Shenmue 2 was ironically an Xbox exclusive on North America and the only version to had an english dub, plus Sega would release 1+2 on the three platforms.

3) When Sony snatched Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo when there was no indication on the first trailer of both games at E3 2019? Not only that, they were trying to snatch Starfield, and Bethesda has been a long time marketing partner with Microsoft, shouldn't have been these titles exclusives to Xbox in the first place?

They don't care, they only want to force their optics and be hostile to anyone who dares to compete against Sony, and start to use stupid arguments such as claming that Jez. Grubb and others are fake insiders when they have a great track record.

-Remember when they believed anyone with zero claims and proofs that the PS5 was 13-14TF and called anyone else as a dumb xbox shill when they referred the Github that had a proto PS5 hardware being 9.2TF due to a lower clock while the Xbox SX was 12TF? Turns out the Github leak was correct.

-Remember when they cancelled DuskGolem because he said he saw RE8 running with framerate issues on PS5 during development, believed to run better on XSX due to the more powerful hardware and only spoke out because people even in REEEEera were bashing the Xbox non stop? At the end of the day, RE8 does run indeed better on XSX.

-Remember when they came after Linus because he said that the PS5 SSD was not faster than what PC had? Turns out results are mixed.

Most of the time, if not, entirely, all kinds of accusations and flame wars comes from these guys, and when people kick back they think its unfair and accuse of what they are. It's no wonder why PC, Nintendo and Xbox and no preference fanbases tend to get more along than with these rabid fanboys which unfortunately are a loud minority due to the brand well deserved popularity.

If y'all weren't such corporate bootlickers and tantrum throwers against other platforms, no one would have these discussions in the first place. You get what you give, and right now Microsoft warchest is open to be enough to win the "mother of all console wars" because its Xbox who seems to be walking towards its PS1-2 gameshare momentum, rather than having an average of 2-4 exclusives in a year, it could have one every month or less, and that also enables them into a higher ground were they can make better deals for gamepass and have more and more developers on their side. It didn't have to end like this, and perhaps it won't be benefical at the long run when you look at how smug Sony and Microsoft were with the PS3 and Xbox One.

I don't even feel Sony won the 360 gen. Xbox won that by eating into practically all Sony's market share advantage from the PS2 gen, and was also easily the platform with the best software sales for the entire gen across a range of big releases. Sony did eventually pass 360 worldwide in early 2013, but it didn't change the massive loss in marketshare for Playstation, and it didn't change what was the dominant platform for software sales.

Many Playstation fans do feel they're entitled to everything due to Sony's strong market position. Microsoft, to their dismay, has been showing them with a little help from their war chest that they aren't as entitled to everything as they thought, and if Microsoft wishes to make big moves that rock the boat a bit, they certainly can.

And yep, totally remember all the pre-release stuff about 13TF and all types of claims about PS5 that proved not true. Github was suggested to not be even remotely relevant or accurate (even though it nailed the configuration of PS5 exactly and was only missing small pieces of info), lots of stuff about RDNA 3 this and that which turned out to, of course, be nonsense, many even swore PS5 definitely supported VRS, but that's all old news. Facts are Xbox "insiders" or whatever we want to call them have been far more reliable from the jump with regards to Xbox information this gen than anybody who has provided information on Playstation 5, and to claim otherwise would just be laughable.

Jez was correct about the avalanche title, which was contraband, that was the cyclone title, and is likely correct about the IO game and others as well. Microsoft has made clear they intend to acquire more

I recently teased the following on Twitter, using a cyclone emoji. Many took this to mean the Dreamcast logo, Sonic, or Ubisoft, but it's actually in reference to a game Microsoft is looking to publish with a prominent third-party AAA studio.

I don't want to share more details and spoil upcoming reveals for the devs or fans, but this particular one sounds extremely promising, set in what sounds like an ambitious connected world.

Microsoft isn't done there either. The above game could be revealed this year, or perhaps next year depending on how development goes. Beyond that, I've been made aware of not one, but at least three additional games being prototyped by Xbox publishing partner studios of a high caliber. None of these are the rumored game Microsoft may be working on with Kojima, either.

Jez was correct about Redfall, which he teased about well in advance before others.

He nailed all the specs of Series X and S before reveal.

I guarantee he's also correct about the fact that Microsoft is thinking as far as acquiring Avalanche and other studios they're entering into these publishing deals with.

Guarantee he's likely right about the fantasy RPG with I/O Interactive.

So with a track record as strong as that, how can people claim Jez doesn't know what he's talking about? If he suggests that there is a possibility for certain things to happen, I'm not entirely dismissing them.

He has never said he knows about any Kojima Xbox deal. That's been Grubb, but even Grubb has an impressive track record on a number of things.

Nobody is saying they can't be wrong, but Jez's track record compared to some of the Playstation miss cleo insiders thus far is damn near hall of fame in nature lol.

Last edited:

Dane

I don't even feel Sony won the 360 gen. Xbox won that by eating into practically all Sony's market share advantage from the PS2 gen, and was also easily the platform with the best software sales for the entire gen across a range of big releases. Sony did eventually pass 360 worldwide in early 2013, but it didn't change the massive loss in marketshare for Playstation, and it didn't change what was the dominant platform for software sales.

Many Playstation fans do feel they're entitled to everything due to Sony's strong market position. Microsoft, to their dismay, has been showing them with a little help from their war chest that they aren't as entitled to everything as they thought, and if Microsoft wishes to make big moves that rock the boat a bit, they certainly can.

And yep, totally remember all the pre-release stuff about 13TF and all types of claims about PS5 that proved not true. Github was suggested to not be even remotely relevant or accurate (even though it nailed the configuration of PS5 exactly and was only missing small pieces of info), lots of stuff about RDNA 3 this and that which turned out to, of course, be nonsense, many even swore PS5 definitely supported VRS, but that's all old news. Facts are Xbox "insiders" or whatever we want to call them have been far more reliable from the jump with regards to Xbox information this gen than anybody who has provided information on Playstation 5, and to claim otherwise would just be laughable.

Jez was correct about the avalanche title, which was contraband, that was the cyclone title, and is likely correct about the IO game and others as well. Microsoft has made clear they intend to acquire more

Jez was correct about Redfall, which he teased about well in advance before others.

I guarantee he's also correct about the fact that Microsoft is thinking as far as acquiring Avalanche and other studios they're entering into these publishing deals with.

So with a track record as strong as that, how can people claim Jez doesn't know what he's talking about? If he suggests that there is a possibility for certain things to happen, I'm not entirely dismissing them.

He has never said he knows about any Kojima Xbox deal. That's been Grubb, but even Grubb has an impressive track record on a number of things.

Nobody is saying they can't be wrong, but Jez's track record compared to some of the Playstation miss cleo insiders thus far is damn near hall of fame in nature lol.
PS3 was in big terms a phyrric victory indeed, 87 vs 150 million from its predecessor and only surpassed the XBox 360 a week after the PS4 release, which means it was in the overtime, plus it was a neck to neck race where Zhuge said that in some point in 2015 the Xbox 360 had a short time back in the lead, not to mention Microsoft discontinued a year and half before the PS3. The Github leak was a legit leak from AMD/TSMC employees mishap.

The irony here is that Spheshal Nick from XBoxEra was the first one to leak Ghost of Tsushima DLC as Ghost of Ikishima, sounds like the Xbox guys have much more knowledge even from Sony developments than the PS big fanboys.

Last edited:

odhiex

I'm sure that these "Insiders" weren't lying, they might have heard or saw the first hand info from the undisclosed persons, but that doesn't mean that they can't be wrong.

Always take all unconfirmed rumors with a pinch of salt, that's my piece of advice.

I'm sure that these "Insiders" weren't lying, they might have heard or saw the first hand info from the undisclosed persons, but that doesn't mean that they can't be wrong.

Always take all unconfirmed rumors with a pinch of salt, that's my piece of advice.

I agree 100%. I only take issue with people claiming they haven't shown any kind of accurate track record when they've been right about so damn much, it's insane.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I doubt WB would ever sell the game rights to Mortal Kombat, and divorced from that IP, is NetherRealm even all that valuable as a studio?

IDappa

sci-fi signs GIF

"Xbox fans only want acquisitions". " They don't play games". "I see them talking about it everywhere" .

Lol

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Because that's what is really at the heart of all the bitterness from many (not all) Playstation fans. They can sure dish it out, but can't ever seem to take it. Nobody is whining about Insomniac becoming Playstation exclusive and taking easily one of the best Xbox exclusives (and best last gen games period) with them over to Playstation.

This is very hypocritical.

Xbox fanboys downplayed exclusives for years and said it didn't matter because gamers only cared about multiplats. They even follow two narratives about how exclusives aren't important and how exclusives will bring in a lot of new gamers into the ecosystem.

Xbox fanboys still complain that PS fans are still saying "Xbox has no games" when they were the ones saying "PS4 has no games" for years. The same thing happened with the power narrative. Power was a main bragging point for years, but suddenly got upset when PS fans started bragging about the worlds most powerful console.

Now I know why you seem to turn a blind eye to these things consider you follow most of the biggest Xbox fanboys on Twitter. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

This is very hypocritical.

Xbox fanboys downplayed exclusives for years and said it didn't matter because gamers only cared about multiplats. They even follow two narratives about how exclusives aren't important and how exclusives will bring in a lot of new gamers into the ecosystem.

Xbox fanboys still complain that PS fans are still saying "Xbox has no games" when they were the ones saying "PS4 has no games" for years. The same thing happened with the power narrative. Power was a main bragging point for years, but suddenly got upset when PS fans started bragging about the worlds most powerful console.

Now I know why you seem to turn a blind eye to these things consider you follow most of the biggest Xbox fanboys on Twitter. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I wasn't one of the fanboys downplaying the importance of exclusives. I only disagreed with the silly extreme that Xbox fans had nothing to play. And, yes, many did point out, myself included, that the highest selling games are actually multi-platform games, but that didn't mean I was excusing Microsoft's lack of releases. I was skeptical of Crackdown prior to release, and even once I started playing it, I acknowledged that game just wasn't that fun or good. I always stressed that Microsoft has to do better in regards to exclusives. Unlike some people, I actually try to call out and hold Microsoft accountable if I see them not doing what they need to. Honestly think more Playstation fans need to start doing the same for Sony. How in God's name aren't people raising some serious hell right now over almost no communication from Sony about expandable SSD storage for the system? I wouldn't be surprised if they end up needing to release some semi-expensive adapter to serve as the means of expansion with their own proprietary solution similar to what Microsoft has done.

I never had an issue with PS4 being stronger. It was stronger, it was a fact, and many accepted that fact. I only said and stressed that being weaker didn't make Xbox One weak, and it did indeed have some great looking games. The real issue for Xbox was their obvious lack of investment in trying to bring enough new and big games to the platform after what I felt was a fantastic start. I've been to every Xbox E3 press conference since 2015 with maybe the exception of 2018 due to work, and at more than one of those I came away with the impression that Microsoft isn't doing enough on the exclusives front. I readily acknowledge that exclusives alone do not make a platform, but showing SOME kind of serious effort is important, and I felt Xbox fell well below of that reasonable bar.

Microsoft now appear to be poised to raise that bar significantly, and then somehow seemingly still exceed it if the lineup of games announced release at a nice steady pace and are legitimately strong releases.

I follow Xbox fans because I want to see Xbox news, and a good way to get that is from people who care about Xbox. I don't so much engage in the trolling side of it so much, though I like to keep it real and will have some fun from time to time.

Dane

I wasn't one of the fanboys downplaying the importance of exclusives. I only disagreed with the silly extreme that Xbox fans had nothing to play. And, yes, many did point out, myself included, that the highest selling games are actually multi-platform games, but that didn't mean I was excusing Microsoft's lack of releases. I was skeptical of Crackdown prior to release, and even once I started playing it, I acknowledged that game just wasn't that fun or good. I always stressed that Microsoft has to do better in regards to exclusives. Unlike some people, I actually try to call out and hold Microsoft accountable if I see them not doing what they need to. Honestly think more Playstation fans need to start doing the same for Sony. How in God's name aren't people raising some serious hell right now over almost no communication from Sony about expandable SSD storage for the system? I wouldn't be surprised if they end up needing to release some semi-expensive adapter to serve as the means of expansion with their own proprietary solution similar to what Microsoft has done.

I never had an issue with PS4 being stronger. It was stronger, it was a fact, and many accepted that fact. I only said and stressed that being weaker didn't make Xbox One weak, and it did indeed have some great looking games. The real issue for Xbox was their obvious lack of investment in trying to bring enough new and big games to the platform after what I felt was a fantastic start. I've been to every Xbox E3 press conference since 2015 with maybe the exception of 2018 due to work, and at more than one of those I came away with the impression that Microsoft isn't doing enough on the exclusives front. I readily acknowledge that exclusives alone do not make a platform, but showing SOME kind of serious effort is important, and I felt Xbox fell well below of that reasonable bar.

Microsoft now appear to be poised to raise that bar significantly, and then somehow seemingly still exceed it if the lineup of games announced release at a nice steady pace and are legitimately strong releases.

I follow Xbox fans because I want to see Xbox news, and a good way to get that is from people who care about Xbox. I don't so much engage in the trolling side of it so much, though I like to keep it real and will have some fun from time to time.
Xbox One slumped because of the shitty DRM policies and 100 bucks more for a weaker console because of the forced kinect pack in. It was no news to anyone that since day one the PS4 was selling 2:1 against Xbox, yet all they parrot is "NO EXCLUSIVES" when the first good exclusive for PS4 was Bloodborne, which was released a year and half after the console launch, in fact, that launch became infamous meme over Knack. The Xbox One had Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive. It's all about goalposting.

Yikes!

Double yikes!

In your first two posts, you go on rants about things you believe Xbox fans supposedly do, and fantasize about.

Fantasize is interesting in that you used that word to describe Xbox fans in the first two posts, and yet in the third... You go so far out into conspiracy theory territory, and with so much detail, that it's obvious who's doing the fantasizing here.

I know that people like what they like, and debate the merits of their preferred platform. Most of the time, people on both sides understand where the other is coming from, and don't take it personal. Any product worth a damn has it's fanbase, and gaming consoles are no different. Those fans cover the entire spectrum from the most casual, to the most hardcore. Neither is better or worse.

Then there's you. Looking at your posts. I don't believe you fall into that category. You seem incredibly bitter towards people who like anything Xbox. You post as if they've all insulted you personally for simply liking the opposing product you do. You pretend to intimately know what Xbox fans "crave", "go crazy for", "how far gone they are", "dream about", and how they "show their real faces". And that's all in merely the first post I quoted.

Dude, I mean no disrespect at all. But you seem to have gone off the deep end. Whatever mental health issues you're suffering from that caused you to post all that. I hope you get the help you need, and get well.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
You pretend to intimately know what Xbox fans "crave", "go crazy for", "how far gone they are", "dream about", and how they "show their real faces". And that's all in merely the first post I quoted.

Dude, I mean no disrespect at all. But you seem to have gone off the deep end. Whatever mental health issues you're suffering from that caused you to post all that. I hope you get the help you need, and get well.
You sound incredibly clueless. Everything I said is public and you can just see for yourself.

I'm going back to play Doom Eternal on my Series X. Bye.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

I never said you did this personally, I said you generally turn a blind-eye to what your fellow Xbox fanboys are doing. For someone who follows a lot of Xbox fanboys on twitter, you sure "miss" a lot of it and rarely call them out for it. This is coming from someone who tries to portray themselves as neutral.

This is what you said earlier.

They can sure dish it out, but can't ever seem to take it.

It's obvious reading your tweets and comments on this forum that you didn't like what PS fans were doing when Xbox fanboys were doing it before them.

As the saying goes, "You reap what you sow."

If Xbox fanboys were saying, "PS4 has no games", then what were you going to expect happen when Xbox started to lack a lot of first party exclusive/releases? This is a prime example of Xbox fanboys "can sure dish it out, but can't ever seem to take it".

ac80e23c57e8e32f4772ca57011f16742c2cf917.png

f5f86f8bc24a30d12d5a7b5dfdc458c47b0b5dac.png

Reminder that Klobrille was the first one to break the news over Obsidian acquisition months before, he got the letter of intent, apparently there was some sorta of API exploit at the time he could access some Microsoft documents or something else. These guys are more legit than your average "It FaKe FoR ClIcKs" users. Jez was the one who confirmed Xbox Series S existance and it was either him or Tom Warren who managed to snag a copy of the console's presentation a day before pre orders went up, he also was the first one to leak about Contraband.
I haven't seen that message from Jez, is he saying that the document never mentioned NRS or TT being for sale and that he just assumed they may be?

Sony lost by losing money, xbox lost in total sales as well as losing a large amount of their fanbase going into the next gen because they chased the motion control BS instead of continuing to make new AAA IP halfway through that generation. MS at their best couldn't be Sony at their worst when it comes to console sales, MS had an extra year on the market and always had a price advantage but they didn't (still don't) have the global appeal to beat Sony in console sales. That doesn't mean Xbox can't be successful but they are never going to be PlayStation in sales.

Top Bottom