• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez Corden - Warner Bros is interested in selling NetherRealm and TT Games

W01MYdL.jpg
"MS is at least looking into it as far as I think to know."

This person is clearly guessing, I'll start calling nonsense like this Hopium.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Yup.

Guy that leaked full specs of Series X few months before reveal and also confirmed an existence of Series S in times when GAF laughed him off is for sure fraud.

And I'm not even talking about fact that he had documentation that Xbox is working with Avalanche on new game which was revealed at E3 as Contraband...

Total fraud
Absolute toss, sorry.

Brad Samms was reporting for Thurrott as early as June 2018 that he had heard Scarlett was multiple SKUs. He was the first to report it, and then every Tom, Dick and Harry jumped on the info and put their own spin on it.

Do you have a link for him confirming the exact Series X specs? Again the specs were rumoured for ages. From Jan 2019;

• CPU: Custom 8 cores / 16 Threads Zen 2 CPU
  • GPU: Custom NAVI @12+ teraflops
  • Memory: 16GB GDDR6
  • Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD @ 1+GB/s
  • DirectX Raytracing + MS AI

ynOTmAo.png

Godot25

Banned

For example. He also teased that IO Interactive is working with XGS Publishing on "dragon" game.

bitbydeath

For example. He also teased that IO Interactive is working with XGS Publishing on "dragon" game.
As above, he just copied someone else’s rumour.

bitbydeath

If you are claiming he is "wrong 99% of times" then please post an examples.

I'll be waiting
I’ve already posted two in this thread.
One was he thought MS would announce new acquisitions at E3, the other was he thought MS would announce three new consoles.

I get what you mean, i would have preferred Tekken X Street Fighters instead of Street Fighter X Tekken. Akuma in Takken 7 was pretty cool. But it would still be pretty dope to see KI characters vs MK characters. Maybe cater gameplay more toward Killer Instinct first since they haven't had a game in a while. Include Fatalities, X-rays.
That would be a mistake though, Mortal Kombat is miles ahead of KI in popularity, I just don't see NRS doing KI the way KI fans want it done, they'd likely convert it more towards what they do best. It's like when a new coach takes over a football team, when they are stubborn and unwilling to change their system to fit the players they have the team struggles, when the coach modifies his system to work around the players he has they generally do much better. NRS style of gameplay is nothing like KI really and I'd hate to see them be forced into trying to become that.

Personally the only KI I ever liked at home was the SNES version, but when you play them now they just seem corny and it's too easy to pull off huge combo strings without even knowing what you are doing, I know MK isn't the most difficult but I much prefer their way of doing things to how KI does them.

Roberts

Bingo! That’d explain why they’re wrong 99% of the time.
One or two years ago I had no clue who Jez or Grubb were, but followed them on Twitter after they talked about certain rumour. Sometimes they get it wrong or only partially true, but most of their stuff turns out to be legit.

Godot25

Banned
I’ve already posted two in this thread.
One was he thought MS would announce new acquisitions at E3, the other was he thought MS would announce three new consoles.
Som that's your "99% wrong?"

Then it is time to listen more carefully. When someone says "I think" and "I have documents suggesting that" There is a big difference between the two.

Isn't that third SKU suppose to be that Chromecast like xCloud stick that even Spencer said it is coming?

OceanGaming

Then it is time to listen more carefully. When someone says "I think" and "I have documents suggesting that" There is a big difference between the two.

Isn't that third SKU suppose to be that Chromecast like xCloud stick that even Spencer said it is coming?
Yeah that's the dongle one.

So the "Jez is WRONNNG" evidence, isn't even evidence and even if it were, what Jez said wasn't wrong it just haven't been revealed yet.

bitbydeath

I’m not going to exhaust that much effort on his tweets. You’ve already been proven wrong about the specs too, so far he’s batting a 0.

I guess you read a little to much into that if you think that's a claim of releasing 3n consoles. The codename is real, question is what that is. Could be the retail units, could be a streaming stick, could be the next gen consoles already in a super early test phase.
Could be a virtual console aka cloud.

Remeber that it took nearly 2 years for the elite controller series2 to release after the codename was leaked by Brad sams?

Last edited:

Roberts

Well, without even trying to search you can see proof in his own tweet that it didn’t come from him.
Could it be (and I’m stretching here) that you consider them to be fakes because one of them is passionate about Xbox (even though he is the biggest critic of their mistakes) and the other one has said good things about the system?

bitbydeath

I guess you read a little to much into that if you think that's a claim of releasing 3n consoles. The codename is real, question is what that is. Could be the retail units, could be a streaming stick, could be the next gen consoles already in a super early test phase.
Could be a virtual console aka cloud.

Remeber that it took nearly 2 years for the elite controller series2 to release after the codename was leaked by Brad sams?
Sounds like wishing on a star to me. Either way that is just one example of him being wrong, I’m sure you can find many more.

bitbydeath

Could it be (and I’m stretching here) that you consider them to be fakes because one of them is passionate about Xbox (even though he is the biggest critic of their mistakes) and the other one has said good things about the system?
No, I say the same in PS rumour threads too, like the recent Arc acquisition one.

Don’t believe in any Twitter personalities, they are all wrong 99% of the time.

TidusYuna

That would be a mistake though, Mortal Kombat is miles ahead of KI in popularity, I just don't see NRS doing KI the way KI fans want it done, they'd likely convert it more towards what they do best. It's like when a new coach takes over a football team, when they are stubborn and unwilling to change their system to fit the players they have the team struggles, when the coach modifies his system to work around the players he has they generally do much better. NRS style of gameplay is nothing like KI really and I'd hate to see them be forced into trying to become that.

Personally the only KI I ever liked at home was the SNES version, but when you play them now they just seem corny and it's too easy to pull off huge combo strings without even knowing what you are doing, I know MK isn't the most difficult but I much prefer their way of doing things to how KI does them.

What is your opinion on Street Fighter X Tekken or Akuma on Tekken 7?

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Remember that Jez and Nick is legit whether NeoAnal audience likes them or not :

I think this guy is a fraud.

Someone else already mention that he said Sony was bidding for Square and they came out a few days later to shut that rumor down.

This tweet was also proven false because it's not a stand alone game like Uncharted 4: Lost Legacy.

Last edited:

theclaw135

Banned
Depends. Does it make much sense to keep the IP if you sell the only developer that has ever made the games for that IP? Why would they sell the studio if they cared about the IP? I would bet any sale would include the IP.

WB directly owns the IP.
As opposed to their video game division/unit owning the IP.

fermcr

Purchasing studios without their IP's aren't worth much. Might as well just hire those people and create new studios.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
TT is the only group lego is gunna let make lego games like they do

Was true up to a couple of years ago... Not so much anymore. Which is essentially the heart of the problem, they don't know how to make anything else. Certainly most of the staff there who did have left long since, burned out on the crunch treadmill and chronic mismanagement.

Some talent will no doubt stay around, but truth be told a lot of them are aging out because (and people forget this) Travellers started out as a 2-man startup around 1989. Leander released in '91 but it sat around finished for quite awhile due to Psygnosis' publishing basically making a hash of it; kinda shame really as had it been put out in a more timely fashion it would have beaten James Pond 2 to market and likely been a bigger hit purely on its technical merits.

30 years is a long time in the business, and frankly its kinda suprising that TT has lasted this long. Especially after Jon (Burton) cashed out, because it was always a studio built in his image... for better and worse LOL

Andodalf

Banned
“I can confirm NetherRealm Studios and TT Games will continue to remain a part of Warner Bros. Games, and all are included in the Warner Media Discovery merger”

This is the only quote they have. All that says is it isn’t already sold

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Translation - Up your bids motherfuckers!!!

Top Bottom