• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez Corden Rumor Roundup: Forza Motorsport In Invite Beta, 343i Working On Another Halo, Xbox Showcase May Have In-Person Elements

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Shouldn't 343i get shit out on the current Halo first?

No no you don't get it, the game is so great that it beat out every other game in 2021 according to NeoGAF, despite not even landing in the top 40 for GAF's game of the decade I am 100% sure that not a single person voted based on the potential of the title and constructed their view purely on the product delivered.

There is no reason to improve a GOTY, its that good, why would they need to deliver anything else? its GOTY as voted by NeoGAF.

Anyone who says otherwise is just a hater who hates good games, as obviously nothing better was released in 2021. They can move on just as planned.

If anyone can't tell yet I fucking hate GaaS and the thought process behind it.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
By the way, Forza Motorsport may not be a current-gen exclusive as advertised, according to this (verified) Reddit leak.

Mod's comments:

Forza Motorsport Xbox One leaked photos:

CFLlx6S.jpg
1suYld5.jpg

It was just for testing its going to be current gen only.

That said I mentioned a couple of weeks ago we should be hearing about this game literally any day and still waiting...

Maybe. But genuine question as I do not know about this: is it a common practice to test on older-gen consoles?

Logically it doesn't make sense to me to test a current-gen game on last-gen consoles. What purpose does it serve as a current-gen game would most likely be unplayable on last-gen consoles?

They stripped it way back to get it to run on Xbox One as just not enough of their play testers owned Series consoles

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No no you don't get it, the game is so great that it beat out every other game in 2021 according to NeoGAF, despite not even landing in the top 40 for GAF's game of the decade I am 100% sure that not a single person voted based on the potential of the title and constructed their view purely on the product delivered.

There is no reason to improve a GOTY, its that good, why would they need to deliver anything else? its GOTY as voted by NeoGAF.

Anyone who says otherwise is just a hater who hates good games, as obviously nothing better was released in 2021. They can move on just as planned.

Oh shit, my bad. You right! You right!

After all, we have all of infinity to wait!

ZehDon

Gold Member
343i working on another Halo - presumably a mainline entry - is probably a good thing. I mean, I wish it wasn't 343i, but cutting their loses on the disaster that is Halo Infinite means we actually have a chance of getting a proper next-gen Halo. If they stay with Infinite for the 10 year plan they pretended to have, then we're stuck with a bad Far Cry clone designed for the Xbox One until the end of the generation.

Kssio_Aug

Wasn't Halo Infinite suppose to be a game as a service, which would receive lots of content and updates to extend it both in SP and MP modes? I never actually believed that, but I'm pretty sure I've read it before more than once.

And if the game still lacks features such as coop, how come 343i be working in a new game?

I have a hard time believing it.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

Great. Great. Great. This guy gets it. Great. WHAT THE F***?!

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
By the way, Forza Motorsport may not be a current-gen exclusive as advertised, according to this (verified) Reddit leak.

Mod's comments:

Forza Motorsport Xbox One leaked photos:

CFLlx6S.jpg
1suYld5.jpg

They had a closed beta on the One. This has been know for some time. Doesn't necessarily mean it will release there though.

Top Bottom