• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio Spiritual Successor? - Bomb Rush Cyberfunk Teaser

SnapShot

Team Reptile brings you Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, 1 second per second of highly advanced funkstyle. In a world from the mind of Dion Koster, where self-styled crews are equipped with personal boostpacks, new heights of graffiti are reached. Start your own cypher and dance, paint, trick, face off with the cops and stake your claim to the extrusions and cavities of a sprawling metropolis in an alternate future set to the musical brainwaves of Hideki Naganuma.

Coming 2021

Last edited:

Naibel

Wow, that's a compleeeeete ripoff of Jet Set Radio Future ! Did Sega allow it ? I mean, it's exactly the same thing, the same composer, heck even some of the same assets !

They should've just give those devs the rights of JSR, name this game JSR 3 and call it a day. They did it for Sonic, they did it with Streets Of Rage, they did it with Shenmue, why not here ?

I'm keeping an eye on it, but it still looks too derivative to be honest.

chaseroni

Best fucking news of the year, been wanting something like this since JSRF, hope that game gets a port because of the interest this game will drum up.
Announcement trailer has 1m+ views on twitter, you listening Sega?

Life

WHy are some people pissed at how much it looks like Jet Set Radio? Mind boggling considering the game is dead/ignored - and this attempt at bringing something like it to modern times is supposed upset me? Shit, isn't GAF 18+?

Last edited:

Esca

WHy are people pissed at how much it looks like Jet Set Radio? Mind boggling considering the game is dead/ignored - and this attempt at bringing something like it to modern times is supposed upset me? Shit, isn't GAF 18+?

I think it's fucking fantastic they ripped it off as much as legally possible. Sega ain't doing shit with the ip

Kazza

That trailer has over 2 million views on Twitter - was JSR ever that popular?

Since Sega still haven't announced anything JSR related, I support this 100%. Looks like it's going to be next year until we get any kind of playable version.

00_Zer0

"Spiritual successor"? Seems more like a direct sequel to me.

Either way, i'm in!

Ever since Iga with Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, all bets are off about aping tried and true games from the past.

The same thing has happened with Contra. When Blazing Chrome came out no one could mistake this for anything other than a successor of Contra: Hard Corps. It was a great game in it's own right and has given many Contra fans exactly what they want.

I'm all for it. If the original companies or developers refuse to make a sequel to beloved games that die hard fan call for, then by all means let other devs come in and give us fans what we want. If that means direct sequel or a spiritual successor then so be it.

Here's another great example of this, with some of the original creators on board no less:

Suikoden spiritual successor

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
Woodpusher detected.

NISfsDz.gif

Thanati

Ever since Iga with Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, all bets are off about aping tried and true games from the past.

The same thing has happened with Contra. When Blazing Chrome came out no one could mistake this for anything other than a successor of Contra: Hard Corps. It was a great game in it's own right and has given many Contra fans exactly what they want.

I'm all for it. If the original companies or developers refuse to make a sequel to beloved games that die hard fan call for, then by all means let other devs come in and give us fans want we want. If that means direct sequel or a spiritual successor then so be it.

Here's another great example of this, with some of the original creators on board no less:

Suikoden spiritual successor
Absolutely. I agree 100%. Great post.

lachesis

Very much interested - but I am just hoping JSRF for XSX bc would be implemented sometime. (I liked JSRF better than the original, because of the level designs allowed far more interesting exploration & platforming opportunities)

Rip off or not, as long as the game is good & has plenty of good funky music, I'm down!

SnapShot

To support us you can add the game to your Steam wishlist :
https://store.steampowered.com/app/13...

Coming 2022

Team Reptile brings you Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, 1 second per second of highly advanced funkstyle. In a world from the mind of Dion Koster, where self-styled crews are equipped with personal boostpacks, new heights of graffiti are reached. Start your own cypher and dance, paint, trick, face off with the cops and stake your claim to the extrusions and cavities of a sprawling metropolis in an alternate future set to the musical brainwaves of Hideki Naganuma.

We aim to release the game on all relevant platforms.

Naked Lunch

If Sega aint gonna make it - someone has to...

Seriously - what the fuck is Sega's problem - sitting on all of their franchises, year after year.
Sega Rally HD, Burning Rangers, Daytona 2, Cosmic Smash, Outrun, Sega fucking Bass Fishing. Give us something (!)
Its infuriating.

Top Bottom