• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Jeff Grubb - VentureBeat] PlayStation boss Jim Ryan needs to create a better narrative

Bramble

I managed to get a ps5 on launch and many of my friends have not been so lucky...however the ones that have been active to try and nab one or paid a scalper are now saying they should of just waited as it’s gathering dust...it would seem the need to own one overrides the actual use of the console

to me the ps5 probably released too early.

Mine is on everyday playing newer games and my endless PS4 backlog with in some cases enhanced graphics, fps and loading times. Excellent timing.

Alright

Banned
🤣 Pleeeease somebody praise Sony. Waaah! My beloved Sony needs praise. PLEEEEAAAASE!!!!

That's probably because VR is a niche market at best that most people don't give a crap about. Even if they did, there are better alternatives.
Frustrated Stephen Merchant GIF

Why are you defending an anticonsumer move?

I wish you luck on the PS ecosystem where owning digital is like renting they're shutting off storefronts for their consoles so very good!

How is anticonsumer move when customers don't buy games from it???
Btw. you can still download purchased games which you own actually

Jeez, an Xbox fan.... LOL

Last edited:

Wizz-Art

No, just as it doesn't hurt me if they close. I really don't give a shit about this. It's a complete non-issue for me. I didn't even know they were still open until all the fake concern Xbox fans like yourself started whining about it. I sold my PS3 2 weeks before my PS4 arrived and I hardly owned any digital games back then. And if they close the PS4 storefront in 2030, then fine. I am not buying PS4 games in 2030. I'm hardly buying PS4 games today.

Now answer my question: what PS3 games were you planning to buy? I get that you don't have any new games to play on Xbox, but to go 15 years or even further back in time is a little bit of a stretch.

How is anticonsumer move when customers don't buy games from it???
Btw. you can still download purchased games which you own actually

Jeez, an Xbox fan.... LOL

If it doesn't hurt you that people are able to still buy digitally from their storefronts why are both of you so against it? Where's the logic in that?

Tomeru

"Sony is making these decisions to preserve profitability, but it’s also something that a company might decide to do “For the Players” even if it were losing money"

Really?

Zoro7

Banned
The + of GAAS games is that they are getting new stuff all the time, I still continue to play State of Decay 2, hands down my most played game ever and my GotG. I still play Forza Horizon 4 and Forza Motorsports 7 at least once a week. Gears of War 5 got a whole story DLC recently. which was awesomely good. Sea of Thieves has so much content releasing all the time you'll drown in it. Meanwhile if you finish a first party game on PS, you don't have a reason to keep on playing because it's dead except for Gran Turismo.
I don’t need new games because I play old games. Good job.

If it doesn't hurt you that people are able to still buy digitally from their storefronts why are both of you so against it? Where's the logic in that?

Who is against it? Against closure? LOL. Never said that. People doesn't buy games at all nor from PSP, PS3 and PSV store. These stores are dead. Seriously dead. If Sony wanted to keep these stores, great. If Sony want to shut down these stores, great. Didn't bought anything from these stores in last 7 years.

I need new games because my slightly older games are dead. Great job!

Oh, wait till E3 then

The + of GAAS games is that they are getting new stuff all the time, I still continue to play State of Decay 2, hands down my most played game ever and my GotG. I still play Forza Horizon 4 and Forza Motorsports 7 at least once a week. Gears of War 5 got a whole story DLC recently. which was awesomely good. Sea of Thieves has so much content releasing all the time you'll drown in it.

You just proved the point why MS advertised their new next gen console - a backward compatibility console.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
I have to give it to the marketing and PR team at Microsoft. They really did a number on some of their fans.
well you should specify "new first party games" , realistically speaking isnt like 1 or 2 games (among other things a remake and a DLC) move the needle this much , especially when other popular third party new games costed € 70 each on ps5 and you can get all of them for only 9.99 on Xbox . For example one of the most played new release Outriders , but still nba2k21 or the new mbl and others

well you should specify "new first party games" , realistically speaking isnt like 1 or 2 games (among other things a remake and a DLC) move the needle this much , especially when other popular third party new games costed € 70 each on ps5 and you can get all of them for only 9.99 on Xbox . For example one of the most played new release Outriders , but still nba2k21 or the new mbl and others

These 3rd party games which you've mentioned are priced the same on both PS5 and Xbox Series.

Wizz-Art

Who is against it? Against closure? LOL. Never said that. People doesn't buy games at all nor from PSP, PS3 and PSV store. These stores are dead. Seriously dead. If Sony wanted to keep these stores, great. If Sony want to shut down these stores, great. Didn't bought anything from these stores in last 7 years.
Show me proof of this, or is it straight out of your ass because it stinks...
Oh, wait till E3 then
23 studio's buddy, you really believe the games aren't coming? Delusional.
You just proved the point why MS advertised their new next gen console - a backward compatibility console.

Is there something wrong with great BC? If PS would handle BC like Xbox does I would've bought a new PS console.

MonarchJT

Banned
These 3rd party games which you've mentioned are priced the same on both PS5 and Xbox Series.
Don't be deliberately obtuse, an xbox user can play nba2k21 outriders and mbl21 for 9.99€ you need 150€ to play the same games on ps5 it's an embarrassing difference

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
Don't be deliberately obtuse, an xbox user can play nba2k21 outriders and mbl21 for 9.99€ you need 150€ to play the same games on ps5 it's an embarrassing difference

If I wanted to rent games I could easily subscribe to a mail in service. It takes a day to receive your games.
Also you used 2 examples of sports mainly popular in US.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

Well you can play them whatever you want with $150.
How many days can you play them with $9.99?

MonarchJT

Banned
If I wanted to rent games I could easily subscribe to a mail in service. It takes a day to receive your games.
Also you used 2 examples of sports mainly popular in US.
Look, I don't even want to go into the matter because I know you are in a position where you are forced to defend the impossible. Two people play the exact same game I spend 9.99 the other 150. end of speech

Zoro7

Banned
Look, I don't even want to go into the matter because I know you are in a position where you are forced to defend the impossible. Two people play the exact same game I spend 9.99 the other 150. end of speech
But the guy who spends 150 gets to choose what he spends it on. The guy paying 9.99 has to play what’s on the service. Gamepass isn’t for everyone. I don’t know why that’s so hard to understand. Enjoy forza 4 the last best Xbox exclusive (2018).

MonarchJT

Banned
Well you can play them whatever you want with $150.
How many days can you play them with $9.99?
Nobody is stopping me from playing this game all day for months, and months. After that I can use the additional GP discount to buy it. But this is "my choice after playing a game for months and months. I'm not forced to spend 150 euros to play them only 10 minutes and find that I don't like them;)))

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
Nobody is stopping me from playing this game all day for months, and months. After that I can use the additional GP discount to buy it. But this is "my choice after playing a game for months and months. I'm not forced to make him spend 150 euros to play them only 10 minutes and find that I don't like them;)))
So pay for gamepass for months then buy game at slight discount. Lol that’s the dumbest fucking thing I’ve ever heard.

KingT731

I think people and "gaming journalists" are just bored and upset they don't have much to talk about so we're getting a lot of spit-balling and eating up the "controversy." We're also seeing a lot of "gamers" latch on to these same people that have a whole lot to say about games they didn't beat, play or even buy yet they're on social media telling you how much they love/hate them.

But bottom line really...people need to get off the internet sometimes. Go relax or maybe actually enjoy gaming.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
So pay for gamepass for months then buy game at slight discount. Lol that’s the dumbest fucking thing I’ve ever heard.
With the subscription I play hundreds of games not just one then I could become attached to some particular title and I could choose to use the gamepass discount to buy the game forever . I would always spend less than the thousands of dollars a ps5 user would have to spend to do exaclty the same

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Nobody is stopping me from playing this game all day for months, and months. After that I can use the additional GP discount to buy it. But this is "my choice after playing a game for months and months. I'm not forced to spend 150 euros to play them only 10 minutes and find that I don't like them;)))
So you are paying $9.99 per month... that $120 per year... wait some more month and you will it start to beat that your $150.

BTW you can buy these games you listed discounted too and you were never forced to even buy them lol

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
With the subscription I play hundreds of games not just one then I could become attached to some particular title and I could choose to use the gamepass discount to buy the game forever . I would always spend less than the thousands of dollars a ps5 user would have to spend to do exaclty the same
So you needed paying more for the game than just buying it... seems a nice deal lol

Make the fans pay months of $9.99 and after ask just half of the price “deal” to buy the game lol

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
So you are paying $9.99 per month... that $120 per year... wait some more month and you will it start to beat that your $150.

BTW you can buy these games you listed discounted too and you were never forced to even buy them lol
But I will have tried and finished hundreds and hundreds of games, you only three .... always if you are so lucky that your choice was correct and you liked the games after purchase.You can buy the games later at a discounted price but outriders mbl21 were released on GP on day One. Etho stop it. there is no way to spin it negatively ... until Sony releases a service comparable to GP with exclusives and many day one releases, Sony users they will find themselves having to shell out hundreds of dollars (or even worse euros) more than Xbox users

HawarMiran

Banned

at 150Euro you own them tho :). What a flawed logic

Zoro7

Banned
But I will have tried and finished hundreds and hundreds of games, you only three .... always if you are so lucky that your choice was correct and you liked the games after purchase.You can buy the games later at a discounted price but outriders mbl21 were released on GP on day One. Etho stop it. there is no way to spin it negatively ... until Sony releases a service comparable to GP with exclusives and many day one releases, Sony users they will find themselves having to shell out hundreds of dollars (or even worse euros) more than Xbox users
Hundreds and hundreds? How many games are on gamepass?

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Fuck sake Jim Ryan, you are now losing the hearts and minds of Xbox journalists, that well known large customer base.

How Xbox journalists know more about the running of Sony than you know journalists focusing on Sony is incredible.🤔🙄

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
So you needed paying more for the game than just buying it... seems a nice deal lol

Make the fans pay months of $9.99 and after ask just half of the price “deal” to buy the game lol
What part of "I have access to hundreds of games" is not clear to you?
- PS5 user: buys mbl21 nba21 and outriders and he find out that doesn't like outriders..spends 150 euros. end
- xbox user: spend 9.99 play 300+ games including mbl21 nb2k21 outriders ... 6 or 8 months pass where he plays these games then decides to buy outriders with a 39 euro using gp or less discount . In the meantime he has been playing other games that would have cost another hundreds of dollars on other consoles.

You don't have to be a genius to not see the advantage lol

Last edited:

LOL. What a damn math. Spending months and months months on GPU sub 15$ every month and after that spend another 55$ to buy a game. WTF

xbox user: spend 9.99 play 300+ games including mbl21 nb2k21 outriders ... 6 or 8 months pass where he plays these games then decides to buy outriders with a 39 euro using gp or less discount . In the meantime he has been playing other games that would have cost another hundreds of dollars on other consoles.

Like i said.... Math. And who play 300 games in 1 year and finish them all before they are gone. But before buying Outriders, let's say, you spend 45 $ in 3 months and additional 48$ to buy a game. So, 93$ to literally buy a game and own it

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
- PS5 user: buys mbl21 nba21 and outriders and he find out that doesn't like outriders..spends 150 euros. end
- xbox user: spend 9.99 play 300+ games including mbl21 nb2k21 outriders ... 6 or 8 months pass where he plays these games then decides to buy outriders with a 39 euro using gp or less discount . In the meantime he has been playing other games that would have cost another hundreds of dollars on other consoles.
If you buy a game and don’t like it, you can literally sell it on eBay for close to retail.

ethomaz

Banned
Please stop lying to try to create a narrative.

MonarchJT

Banned
LOL. What a damn math. Spending months and months months on GPU sub 15$ every month and after that spend another 55$ to buy a game. WTF

Like i said.... Math. And who play 300 games in 1 year and finish them all before they are gone.
Imagine that and still spending lots less than a ps5 user. but that's it

bitbydeath

You don't have to be a genius to not see the advantage lol
You do realise PSNOW is cheaper and offers even more games than GamePass right?

Interfectum

Three massive budget games that MS paid for to get on Game Pass.

If not for Steam, PSN or other retail / digital sales, Outriders success or failure would be completely dependent on MS Game Pass funding.

I think its awesome you can get games on the cheap but you know there will be a breaking point, right? Do you think Sony should go bankrupt trying to into a spending war with MS? What exactly should they do to combat this besides continue to release quality games?

Last edited:
Top Bottom