• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Switch is already completed at Nintendo

Yeah, the ps5 re8 reveal trailer running at 5 frames per second really proved him wrong.

it was more his reasoning for doing it. to "even things out because of the negativity towards xbox".

like no shit the game has a shitty framerate, its still in development ffs! the xbox version was also probably at 5fps too. the guy tried to use it to troll ps5 and spread negativity around the platform and it worked. there was a massive thread on it.

it wasnt just that though. he started going full fanboy mode and saying all sorts of stupid shit and none of it was true. ps5 isnt more expensive than xbox and games aint showing a huge advantage on xbox either. it was just not needed. he does have inside info though. no one can deny that.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Way over a year. Whenever Nintendo decides to release they will say told you so.
Yep, all the “insiders” have been parroting this since 2017. They figure if they say it enough times they will be right eventually. These people are bs con artists, they take advantage of gamers gullibility and the defening silence of most game publishers, all so they can get a little clout. Surprised people haven't seen through their act yet.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
First screenshot

metroid-prime-switch.jpg

Kuramu

[If true] There is absolutely no reason to "hold onto" games that are finished. The only people Nintendo would hurt are themselves. There's a ton of new customers the world over waiting to play the game for the first time! It's time for Samus to continue her journey. Let's go!
There's a very good reason to hold onto it; release it timed to lead up to Prime 4 to create a buzz to pull in those very customers you are talking about

Ezquimacore

Banned
These insiders are just boring right now "Metroid prime trilogy is ready" since the game awards 2017... Yet here we are. Someday it will be ready, but not today.

Completely threw his rep down the drain.
His rep has been down the drain since the very beginning when he was a GAF member and claimed that Scorn was a Sony 1st-party title. He's completely full of shit and always has been.

Edit: Also, Giant Bomb must be REALLY hurting for money right now if they're putting gaming rumors behind a paywall.

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Yeah sure Jeff, Metroid 4, 5 and 6 are also ready but Nintendo prefer not to release them, our body are not ready.
All That Magic GIF by Nickelodeon

Why people are still giving to him credits, I just don't get. He's just like a kid wanting some attention and screaming "HEY LOOK AT ME !"
Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

Last edited:

tommib

Yeah sure Jeff, Metroid 4, 5 and 6 are also ready but Nintendo prefer not to release them, our body are not ready.
All That Magic GIF by Nickelodeon

Why people are still giving to him credits, I just don't get. He's just like a kid wanting some attention and screaming "HEY LOOK AT ME !"
Ice Hockey GIF by NHL
I’ve asked the gods of Gaf to ban anything by this guy on the forum. But no one listens to me.

RaySoft

His info and thoughts is probably on point though. Seems reasonable. Credit where credit is due, regardless of what you might think of the messenger.

Last edited:
"This fairly likely thing that has been rumored for a while now might happen eventually"

Hilarious that turds like Grubb can eek milk a career out of this shit.

Last edited:

Urban

so basically he drops stuff like this just to make some ad for his podcast and gaffer take it as a "insider" leak and spread the word?

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
What relationship does he have with Nintendo?

Google says he was a writer for Warcraft.

Astral Dog

[If true] There is absolutely no reason to "hold onto" games that are finished. The only people Nintendo would hurt are themselves. There's a ton of new customers the world over waiting to play the game for the first time! It's time for Samus to continue her journey. Let's go!
They want to sell Metroid Dread first, if anything the Trilogy was delayed because Prime 4 development has been a mess, Metroid Trilogy HD would be a powerful marketing tool for a new game

Last edited:

As goofy as it sounds, I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to release MP1 by itself for 30$.

Either way, acting like youre an insider to post something like this is fuckin funny to me. Some kind of Metroid Prime remaster, whether it's trilogy or just MP1 is a no brainer.

It's not like he's calling something as far out as Mario + Rabbids. When some people in the media reported on it most people assumed it was bullshit because it was so damn weird.

Vagswarm

Wasn't the Trilogy just a port with updated controls for the Wii? This would be an actual remaster of the first game.

Zannegan

As goofy as it sounds, I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to release MP1 by itself for 30$.

Either way, acting like youre an insider to post something like this is fuckin funny to me. Some kind of Metroid Prime remaster, whether it's trilogy or just MP1 is a no brainer.

It's not like he's calling something as far out as Mario + Rabbids. When some people in the media reported on it most people assumed it was bullshit because it was so damn weird.
$30? If there's any work at all put into it, even if it's more remaster than remake, you're looking at $60.

Zannegan

Sadly, you're probably right, this is nintendo we're talking about
I mean, I'd pay that willingly if it was a Bluepoint-style remake (as long as it kept the same tone, a la Shadow of the Colossus), but look at Skyward Sword HD. The game had some work put into it, but it wasn't improved much.

Even so, full price release, and I believe it sold well. I guess Nintendo knows the value of its IP. *shrug*

Note: edited

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

They want to sell Metroid Dread first, if anything the Trilogy was delayed because Prime 4 development has been a mess, Metroid Trilogy HD would be a powerful marketing tool for a new game
It might just turn people off overwhelming them with a bunch of Metroid games they're never going to finish, at one time then hyping up a 4th one.

ReBurn

Gold Member
If they put any work into the trilogy I might buy it, but if it's another emulation package I might pass.

I do like the attention on Metroid though.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
If they put any work into the trilogy I might buy it, but if it's another emulation package I might pass.

I do like the attention on Metroid though.
Have you played Metroid Prime 3? Emulation would work for the first two games, but the third would require a lot of work to be playable on the Switch. It's entirely created for motion controls and the IR aiming of the Wii.

Astral Dog

It might just turn people off overwhelming them with a bunch of Metroid games they're never going to finish, at one time then hyping up a 4th one.
Rumors now are Retro worked on a Prime 1 remake instead of a simpler remaster, next year is gonna be interesting for Metroid as well

ReBurn

Gold Member
Have you played Metroid Prime 3? Emulation would work for the first two games, but the third would require a lot of work to be playable on the Switch. It's entirely created for motion controls and the IR aiming of the Wii.
Yes, I've played it. I also played Super Mario Galaxy in 3D All Stars and I didn't really like playing it that way. It was also made for the Wii.

Marty-McFly

Banned
Of course it's going to be a thing to hype up Prime 4 before it releases.

This is probably less insider info and more common sense.

Aham, it has been ready for at least 4 years now. I wish I a had a job like these guys. Just saying things based on thin air and still getting paid for that.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Development? They're just gonna lazily port/emulate it like the SM3DAS games. Nintendo NEVER goes the extra mile. Ever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom