• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: Hellblade 2/Elden Ring/Everwild will probably not be at E3

Shubh_C63

I will be really surprised if Elden Ring trailer doesn't gets shown this E3.

From like clockwork their gameplay reveal trailer and release dates has always been 12 months apart based on BB, Sekiro and DS3. Fully expecting a good gameplay trailer with release again on Q1 2022.

Renozokii

It's true that we're going on six years since the last mainline entry to Halo; however, 343 scrapped their development with Infinite somewhere mid-progress as they realized they needed to build a new engine to accomplish everything they wanted to do with the game. So yes 6 years is plenty of time to make a game, but starting over to build a completely new engine does take time. A lot of posters keep bringing up how embarrassing it is that the xbox hasn't released a big exclusive for the system, which I can agree with to a degree, but it would be even more embarrassing if they had released Infinite before it was ready and the only exclusive launched thus far was a bomb - Halo no less. The PR would have been catastrophic. Instead, the only people completely up in arms about it are die-hard gamers. The general public doesn't even know any better.
What’s embarrassing is that the people in charge of halo are so incompetent they decided it was so important for halo to have a mediocre looking open world (not just visually, I mean they haven’t given any info on how opening it up is even remotely worth it yet) that they spent hundreds of millions of dollars making a new engine when in reality a decent, tight narrative experience and fun multiplayer mode would get them all the sales and players they could possibly want. What’s even more embarrassing is that after 2 mediocre halo titles, not only did Xbox not clean house at 343i, they instead gave them their biggest budget, and we saw the results of that.

Greggy

What’s embarrassing is that the people in charge of halo are so incompetent they decided it was so important for halo to have a mediocre looking open world (not just visually, I mean they haven’t given any info on how opening it up is even remotely worth it yet) that they spent hundreds of millions of dollars making a new engine when in reality a decent, tight narrative experience and fun multiplayer mode would get them all the sales and players they could possibly want. What’s even more embarrassing is that after 2 mediocre halo titles, not only did Xbox not clean house at 343i, they instead gave them their biggest budget, and we saw the results of that.
You sound like you have played Halo Infinite. Where can I get a copy too?

Renozokii

You sound like you have played Halo Infinite. Where can I get a copy too?
Ah the ole “ignore that marketing, presentation, and impressions for the game have all been dog shit, you can’t talk on it till you play it.”

We can take bets on whether the game will end up of a standard you’d expect from one of the largest budgeted games of all time with 6 years in the oven or not.

Astral Dog

Its understandable, they have to wait until George finishes writting an outline for Elden Ring but he is busy with Winds of Winter at the moment

Bartski

Gold Member
Elden Ring will be shown on Summer Game Fest showcase next Thursday in some form. Way to many hints everywhere if you know where to look.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
No chance Everwild.
But Elden Ring i expect to see if not at E3 then at Summer Game Fest.
Hellblade 2 yeah I think thats still a while away, its been confirmed to be a Unreal Engine 5 game right, so 2022.

MiguelItUp

I feel it would be absolutely insane if we don't hear the smallest thing about Elden Ring this year. Especially after all the leaks and clips.

I suppose they could do their own stream. But I don't see them announcing at the VGAs or next E3. But who knows, at this point it could be anytime and anywhere.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Lol wtf was point of announcing these games. What waste of time. Like why are we announcing games 5-10 years before they come out. This industry is fucking stupid some times

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
I feel it would be absolutely insane if we don't hear the smallest thing about Elden Ring this year. Especially after all the leaks and clips.

I suppose they could do their own stream. But I don't see them announcing at the VGAs or next E3. But who knows, at this point it could be anytime and anywhere.
many people in the know who have seen the leaked footage last time before it was out are more than obviously hinting at the 10th on Twitter and elsewhere, I don't have time to compile it all now but it's been happening for a couple of days now. Also, not a fan of this dude but he is one of them and LINK (embed doesn't work for some reason)

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

many people in the know who have seen the leaked footage last time before it was out are more than obviously hinting at the 10th on Twitter and elsewhere, I don't have time to compile it all now but it's been happening for a couple of days now. Also, not a fan of this dude but he is one of them and LINK (embed doesn't work for some reason)
Yeah, that's what I was gathering.

I know a lot of people aren't fans of the dude, I couldn't really careless about him. However, a lot of the things he said last year were accurate and happened. Even if they were a day or two off. So, I can't hate on him too much.

Greggy

Ah the ole “ignore that marketing, presentation, and impressions for the game have all been dog shit, you can’t talk on it till you play it.”

We can take bets on whether the game will end up of a standard you’d expect from one of the largest budgeted games of all time with 6 years in the oven or not.
The fact that you're going to such lengths to yank up the expectations as high as possibe before the game's had even the first hands on preview doesn't bode well as far your good faith. But sure, we'll see when it comes out.

Renozokii

The fact that you're going to such lengths to yank up the expectations as high as possibe before the game's had even the first hands on preview doesn't bode well as far your good faith. But sure, we'll see when it comes out.
The argument of having to keep expectations for Microsoft’s flagship, record breaking budgeted, 6 year in development, multi team worked on game dirt low is insane.

Top Bottom