• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: Hellblade 2/Elden Ring/Everwild will probably not be at E3

skit_data

Elden Ring my most anticipated game of probably the last 5 years, getting the Winds of Winter treatment. For fucks sake.
dI87vZI.gif

bxrz

Another disappointing Microsoft showcase coming up.

What’s hilarious about this is they threw in the towel for last gen in 2018. Fast foward to 2021 and they still can’t get it right

I just don’t get why product development is so difficult for these guys. Its honestly perplexing. Matt Booty is very very bad at his job but Phil is too soft to demote/fire him

Last edited:
It'd suck if we didn't get some sort of update on Elden Ring, and it'd look bad if Hellblade 2 was missing in action again. I always say I hate seeing these CGI only trailers years before launch lol

But hell I hope the games come out real dope after all this time

Wasn't Everwild still just in some sort of conceptual stages? Last I read, they didn't even know what kind of gameplay it would contain. I think all we ever got was a fancy trailer.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
An announcement trailer that's basically a ue4 tech demo bc it was in engine
So it gets added to the other games MS showed that were all CGI trailers?

What I'm saying is....if they cant even show any early gameplay then that game was not close to releasing as many thought. And I highly doubt it was running on an XSX. When Halo Infinite, a cross gen game, was running on a PC.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Neither Sony nor From Software are attending E3 so of course Elden Ring won’t be there.
Doesn’t mean we won’t get news of it in June though.

Last edited:
lol at Hellblade 2. People once thought that trailer was representative of in-game graphics 😅

would like to really see what it looks like though, they’ve had more than enough time to scrap something together
Isn't it using Unreal 5? That's probably why we won't see it this year. I'm optimistic it will look something close to what they showed, Unreal 5 is a very impressive engine.

Umbasaborne

Banned
That would be pretty disapointing since hellblade 2 was revealed alongside the series X. And why show everwild last year if it's not ready at all, better show some updates.
Microsoft still hasnt been able to release a new first party xbox series x game, and were already 6 months out of launch. its embarrassing. Microsoft likes to talk alot, show lots of cg trailers, but it takes fucking forever for them to show the receipts to back those up.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Hellblade 2....funny because this just came up in another thread about the trailer.

Like some of us said...while that trailer was nice, what exactly was it then?
That trailer did what MS wanted it to do at the time, create the power narrative that the Xbox Series X would just steamroll the PS5 in visuals, but we knew that wouldn't be the case

ANIMAL1975

Hellblade2 it's a shame, hyping stuff so far from being ready is unfortunate. Hope that at least ninja has some new footage of project Mara to compensate, maybe we could see the studios wc this time _ just imagine the RT reflections after the cleaning lady pass-through.

Last edited:
Microsoft still hasnt been able to release a new first party xbox series x game, and were already 6 months out of launch. its embarrassing. Microsoft likes to talk alot, show lots of cg trailers, but it takes fucking forever for them to show the receipts to back those up.
6 months, when you consider how long a typical generation lasts is nothing. We all know Halo got delayed and is coming this year and obviously other first party titles will arrive this year as well. Its not the best start granted but E3 will give us a much clearer picture.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
That trailer did what MS wanted it to do at the time, create the power narrative that the Xbox Series X would just steamroll the PS5 in visuals, but we knew that wouldn't be the case
Oh it worked. From that trailer til around the PS5 showcase last year you had some ppl questioning if Sony would have something that would look as good. Sony having Godfall at the same show didnt help but still.

But yeah, I agree, reality says otherwise.

Last edited:

Then more people should , particularly in the media, ask them why this is.

David Jaffe made a remark on his YouTube channel about Product Management/Development a few months ago and not in a positive sense. Phil Spencer then blocked him on Twitter .

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
6 months, when you consider how long a typical generation lasts is nothing. We all know Halo got delayed and is coming this year and obviously other first party titles will arrive this year as well. Its not the best start granted but E3 will give us a much clearer picture.
I hope so, just frustrated as a day one adopter. I can play a lot of old games on my new system, which is great, and i can play the best versions of third party games (on consoles) as well. But the fact that microsoft had nothing in the chamber besides halo for this console launch, and even then had to delay that a year, just reeks of either a lack of resources or incompetence. I love my xbox, but the onus is on microsoft to show us what this console can do, like sony did with demons souls in november, but the fact that they have nothing, and for months have had nothing is a fucking joke. The next major game from them on series x is a port of a pc game, and psychonauts will be availible on playstation as well. Imagine how different the narrative would be now if they had forza motorport, and halo ready for launch in november? Why are these games still so far out? Halo was busted, i get the delay, but turn 10 was pumping out a forza game every other year. What happened?

Last edited:
Top Bottom