• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Jeff Grubb] EA Motive first game will be announced at EA Play and it's Dead Space

EDMIX

I said I'm not convinced by "EA has learned his lesson"
That is what you are debating sir, not me. I'm just telling you facts about what happened...
Yep, and I'm not gonna praise EA as soon as they do one good thing
No one is asking you to, you keep seeing this as a some lovers scorned shit...
See above. No MTX and free map isn't enough if the games are actually bad for whatever reason
No one is debating that but you though.... I never stated otherwise.
I'm not taking this as a personal thing, like I said I don't care about EA
I disagree. You've made several comments that are deeply personal about wanting to be won back sir....
I'm not going to praise the fact that EA
Not the point, again you want to debate them being praised or not instead of just looking at a fact lol
I could argue you are searching any positive to point while ignoring all the other things
Not really bud. I'm listing what happened recently and seeing if that would occur with Dead Space 4.

I mean, for fuck sakes, I'M THE ONE that brought up BF4 being rushed and broken at launch, the fuck are you talking about?

READ THE POST BEING MADE, you are so triggered, you are ignoring all post to rage post as if I only brought up JUST good things or something lol

BF4 being rushed out when it should have been delayed and ends up being one of the worst BF launches in history
^^^^^^^

Why do you keep bringing Microsoft in this talk?
Its an example that makes sense. Not a deep thing bud...

Fact: Mass Effect Andromeda, ME Catalyst and Dead space 3 etc... are bad games.

Thats an opinion. Good or bad are subjective, they are not facts.....

Even if I agree that those games suck, the very thing I'm telling you that might occur is not based on any personal like of "good" or "bad", its based on factually what was done.

They did Single Players with no MTX and no MP or lootboxes, I can assume they'll do it again.

That is a fact of what they did. Nothing about good or bad or how I feel about EA or anything weird like that. If you want to personally talk about EA, ok sure, but this is simply about objectively, factually what they've done.

EDMIX

If there’s no Dead Space Ultimate Team mode, I don’t fucking want it.

If its done by ReSpawn then.....could be. Based on what the rumor is stating, it sounds like they might not have MP based on this team doing single player stuff.

ReSpawn can do it all lol They could do a beast MP, they can do a solid single player.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I'm just telling you facts about what happened
Yes, I know you are happy with no MTX and some free map. Cool.

I disagree. You've made several comments that are deeply personal about wanting to be won back sir....
I haven't. For real I don't know why I still bother responding to you. I enjoy games when they are good

Not the point, again you want to debate them being praised or not instead of just looking at a fact lol
You talk about fact yet you are completely ignoring big parts of my response, how convenient?

You see what you want to see or you are trolling. I won't tell you the same thing again and again....

Not really bud. I'm listing what happened recently and seeing if that would occur with Dead Space 4.
So what? Again, no MTX is not a guaranty for a good Dead Space.

I mean, for fuck sakes, I'M THE ONE that brought up BF4 being rushed and broken at launch, the fuck are you talking about?

READ THE POST BEING MADE, you are so triggered, you are ignoring all post to rage post as if I only brought up JUST good things or something lol
I'm talking about you defending EA because they've done one or two things right in an ocean of bad games and decisions.
And you are acting like I didn't say Fallen Order is good or that I have EA Play, probably because it goes against your dream that I hate EA personally.

They did Single Players with no MTX and no MP or lootboxes, I can assume they'll do it again.
List the games (that are already out of course), I'm curious. I see Fallen Order, that's all.

That is a fact of what they did. Nothing about good or bad or how I feel about EA or anything weird like that. If you want to personally talk about EA, ok sure, but this is simply about objectively, factually what they've done.
Again you keep bringing "fact", but no, Andromeda IS bad, same for Catalyst or Anthem.
You can say what you want about "opinion", if those games where good Andromeda would have been the start of a new trilogy, Catalyst would have gotten a follow up and EA wouldn't abandon Anthem. And that's just a few examples...

If its done by ReSpawn then.....could be. Based on what the rumor is stating, it sounds like they might not have MP based on this team doing single player stuff.

ReSpawn can do it all lol They could do a beast MP, they can do a solid single player.
Ok now I'm done, for real we don't share the same view.

Bonus: look how much I hate them, I give them my money because YOU DON'T FUCK WITH ME MISTER EA HUHUHU I'M SO EVIL...
Oh wait:
unknown.png

unknown.png

PLEASE, before responding stuff like "you take things personally with EA", PLEASE again read my previous post to you. If you already done this, do it again because you are missing so many of my points.

EDMIX

Yes, I know you are happy with no MTX and some free map. Cool.
? Nothing to fucking do with being happy or not.

I'm simply telling you that happened before, thus could happen again.
I enjoy games when they are good
I agree, i'm the same, but I'm not debating that even remotely.
You talk about fact yet you are completely ignoring big parts of my response
Not really. Too much of your post are just you personally needing the publisher to win you back man, you literally say that yourself...
You see what you want to see or you are trolling.
Nope. Your own post literally talks about you not praising them for this or that, that is an argument you are making and that you brought up.

Yep, and I'm not gonna praise EA

I'm not going to praise the fact that EA was
^^^^^ as in...all of this bud. Its you who is making this fucking argument.

So what? Again, no MTX is not a guaranty for a good Dead Space.
Never said it would be. read the post man. I literally state " Any game can be good or bad, simply not the point I'm making" I've never made any point about such a thing making a good game and by default Dead Space would be GREAT because of that or anything like that. It could very well be a dud.

Say it with me Kyo, no MTX will not 100% make Dead Space 4 a great game. I don't even know why you've forced that argument when zero post I make ever even slightly entertains that.
I'm talking about you defending EA because they've done one or two things right

All I'm doing is stating facts of what was done and why they might continue to do it.

That has nothing to do with "defending". For fuck sakes, they made a game with free maps, defending it is now saying they might do it again?

Seriously? smh.

You have issues man. You seem to think ANY FACTS given on what they've done recently, MUST be defending them, but the issue here is that you get triggered by it, as if I'm suppose to fucking ignore reality cause you are triggered over something.

MS doing gamepass now, suggest they will do it in the future. That is not defending them, that is stating what they factually have done.

Ubisoft doing open world games now, suggest they might do it in the future. That is not defending them, that is stating what they factually have done.
fds
Sony doing narrative driven games now, suggest they might do it in the future. That is not defending them, that is stating what they factually have done.

Stop arguing that simply stating what they've done and what they might do, by default is now "defending them", that is defending facts and realtiy sir. I'd do that even with a company I fucking hate.

e&e

Banned
Really liked what I played with Star Wars Fallen Order! That’s the only game I’ve liked from them in years! I still hate the publisher but hopefully I can play a great Dead Space again; what a game!

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
? Nothing to fucking do with being happy or not.

I'm simply telling you that happened before, thus could happen again.

I agree, i'm the same, but I'm not debating that even remotely.

Not really. Too much of your post are just you personally needing the publisher to win you back man, you literally say that yourself...

Nope. Your own post literally talks about you not praising them for this or that, that is an argument you are making and that you brought up.
Again, when I said "win me back" I was talking about getting me excited for what's to come. I don't know what you don't understand here. Also repost because you clearly missed it:
unknown.png

unknown.png

Sony doing narrative driven games now, suggest they might do it in the future. That is not defending them, that is stating what they factually have done.
Say it with me EDMIX: EA doing bad games and ruining IP's on last gen suggest they might do it in the future. That is not hating them, that is stating what they factually have done.

Btw I'm still waiting on those good singleplayer games you talked about here other than Fallen Order

I stop here, I already answered the rest of your complain .

EDMIX

Really liked what I played with Star Wars Fallen Order! That’s the only game I’ve liked from them in years! I still hate the publisher but hopefully I can play a great Dead Space again; what a game!

True. Hoping they take the lessons learned from Fallen Orders success

KyoZz KyoZz "Again, when I said "win me back" " Doesn't really matter.

Its irrelevant to any of the points I'm making. If you feel that way, sure fine, but nothing I'm saying is to fight or debate that man. No reason to get triggered over me stating what they've recently done.

Have a good one.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
EA will ruin everything like they always do, and if the game is good they’ll find ways to squeeze for extra money! I know sounds cliche but after all these years… the pattern keeps repeating.
there’s nothing wrong in enjoying EA games… but for a company that year after year been using us gamers…. Makes me wonder why they still in business.

EDMIX

EA will ruin everything like they always do, and if the game is good they’ll find ways to squeeze for extra money! I know sounds cliche but after all these years… the pattern keeps repeating.
there’s nothing wrong in enjoying EA games… but for a company that year after year been using us gamers…. Makes me wonder why they still in business.

Well many people still buy their games s to why they are still in business, me included. I get why some gamers feel that way, but I also get why the majority who might play stuff like Fifa or Battlefield don't really care tbh.

So I feel many are hoping that they'll do the same thing they did with Fallen Order, with Dead Space 4 (or Dead Space 0 or what ever the fuck they calling it lol)

Thats a pattern of behavior I can get behind. I'm a bit more open and hopeful to them going that route vs the money squeezing as they seem to focus that on more of their sports stuff and MP stuff now days and even in that are they've changed in many ways. So who knows. I'm hoping for the best, but we'll have to see what the say when its revealed. The fact that they are even rebooting Dead Space at least shows something I guess.

If that trailer shows co-op, MP, MTX, loot boxes and that BR with necromorphs.....r.i.p lol

Because of what Motive has done in the past, I'd assume its SP only though. EA would likely have ReSpawn do this project if they wanted some single player and MP, but for all we know Motive is doing the single player and ReSpawn is doing the MP, aka BR aka co-op hoard mode on a ship with space crates aka loot crates lol

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
No reason to get triggered over me stating what they've recently done.
I am not triggered, I'm just explaining to you why Dead Space 3 was bad (here, remember) and that EA has only go downward in quality since then.
And you started arguing right after that. It seems like nobody can criticize EA here, you can't accept it. Look, you quote everyone who says EA made bad games lol.

I hate them so much I give them my money, how evil I am...
Btw I'm still waiting on those good singleplayer games you talked about here other than Fallen Order, please respond with something constructive rather than saying I'm triggered or I hate EA...

EDMIX

I am not triggered, I'm just explaining to you why Dead Space 3 was bad (here, remember) and that EA has only go downward in quality since then

I agree on why Dead Space 3 is bad though...

My god, I even put a thoughtful reaction. I agree with you sir...

. It seems like nobody can criticize EA here

?? not sure what you mean, shit I did here many times lol

BF4 being rushed and broken at launch

^^^^^
Btw I'm still waiting on those good singleplayer games

Thats nice.

its irrelevant. You have what you think you believe is "good". Thats a fun topic for a different day, but I never fucking stated anything to debate that, you did.... Me quoting anyone saying they make bad games is not arguing that they don't or something, that seems to be your logic bud. You literally see anyone stating facts about EA as "defending". So sir, me telling you that EA has done single player with no MTX and has done MP with free maps etc is not to get you to love EA or to marry them or to um "win you back" or anything fucking weird like that. Its just facts regarding what was done. Its you who keeps saying shit like "win me back". Its YOU BUDDY, you are the one saying this weird shit lol

Have a good one man, lighten up. you too mad to talk to and keep forcing arguments that never happened. I don't mind debating quality of games like good or bad, I do it all the time here, but that was NEVER the point of what I was saying and you keep forcing it and ignoring anything stated to argue about not praising EA, or liking a game, or good or bad, or winning you back and none of that is EVER stated in my post, like zero.... If you want that, sure, but stop making it sound like THAT is what I'm aiming for or arguing about or anything remotely like that.

So i'll let you know now I put you on that good ole ignore list. You simply want to force an argument about something that was never debated by me. Like what you like, have what ever criteria you need to be won back, but stop arguing that such a thing was being debated. Never once did I actually say anything like that.

Factually they did something recently, they might do it again. No debate on quality, no debate on being won back etc

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I agree on why Dead Space 3 is bad though...

My god, I even put a thoughtful reaction. I agree with you sir...
You stating BF4 was rushed don't invalidate what I'm saying.

Thats nice.

its irrelevant. You have what you think you believe is "good". Thats a fun topic for a different day, but I never fucking stated anything to debate that, you did....

Have a good one man, lighten up. you too mad to talk to and keep forcing arguments that never happened. lol
Again, if I'm mad at EA why would I give them my money? And yes, you stated they made good games, with an 's' so I'm waiting. Stop hiding behind "your triggered" or "your mad" and "you have what you think you believe is good".

EDMIX

You stating BF4 was rushed don't invalidate what I'm saying.

Again, if I'm mad at EA why would I give them my money? And yes, you stated they made good games, with an 's' so I'm waiting. Stop hiding behind "your triggered" or "your mad" and "you have what you think you believe is good".
I never said that BF4 comment was about Dead Space 3 lol I literally in my post tell you I agree with you...I very much do, soooo I'm not sure what the deal is. You are now fighting me on even things I'm openly telling you I agree with you on... Give your money to whom ever you feel like. The point of my post was never to debate that sir. Simply to state what they factually have done and how it might be done again.

Dead Space 4 trailer will show us what EA does or doesn't.

Have a good one Kyo. Lighten up...=)

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
You are now fighting me
I'm just talking with you, arguing at best but you take this way too personally.

Give your money to whom ever you feel like. The point of my post was never to debate that sir. Simply to state what they factually have done and how it might be done again.
Yet you said I was mad at EA, that it was personal or idk what other nonsense. But now that I proved I give them my money your argument fall, like the others. You can try to spin this the way you want, I know it and so do you.

I very much do, soooo I'm not sure what the deal is
It seems like you can't accept I'm not expecting Dead Space reboot to be good, that's the deal. Look at your history here...

Simply to state what they factually have done and how it might be done again.
What EA have done: ME Andromeda, Anthem, Battlefront 1&2, Dead Space 3, Need for Speed since at least 2010 damn the list is too long.
Say it with me EDMIX: EA doing bad games and ruining IP's on last gen suggest they might do it in the future. That is not hating them, that is stating what they factually have done (remember this?)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

As first reported by Axios and verified by VGC, Eric Baptizat joined the Star Wars Squadrons studio earlier this year to work on an unannounced project.

Baptizat had worked at Ubisoft for 16 years, most notably as the director of Valhalla, and the lead designer for other Assassin’s Creed entries Origins, and Black Flag.

Motive has said it’s working on a new Star Wars action game and at least one other unannounced project, which is claimed to be a reboot of Dead Space, the sci-fi horror series by now-closed EA studio Visceral.

Although it’s not clear if Assassin’s Creed Valhalla director Baptizat is working on the alleged Dead Space reboot, his expertise with high-profile third-person action games would appear to make him a good fit.

Dead Space 3, although my least favorite of the three, was still a fantastic game and the hate, much like with DMC, was way over the top. I didn't even know the game had microtransactions until near the end of my first playthrough and by then I was drowning in currency alongside the most powerful weapons in the game. Sure it could have been better, but I had an immense amount of fun both in single player and in co op.

But man, I really don't want a reboot, like why? Just stick with the end of Awakened and either continue the story of Isaac and John, or create some branching alternate story somewhere else in that universe.

Top Bottom