• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Jeff Grubb] EA Motive first game will be announced at EA Play and it's Dead Space

Dav-Kripler

Dead Space is my favourite series from EA but in all honestly I just cant trust current EA delivering good Dead Space game.......I will be super happy if I'm wrong.
Give it to respawn
hypno GIF

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Not sure current EA could do a new Dead Space justice. As long as it's a purely single player game then it might get my attention. Would also like a Dead Space trilogy remaster if possible.

Bartski

Gold Member
I somehow can't imagine EA financing a single-player story-driven action-adventure horror game, but maybe a PR redemption story after Ragtag wouldn't hurt...
I'd love to see a back to the roots direction, but if this is a continuation of the co-op cover shooter with machine guns spin on it akin to Dead Space 3, I'm out.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Funny thing about Dead Space 3 is that people forget how strongly it starts, and how close it is in feel to the first game. Its just that the second half/final third is so ordinary.

I really hate ‘leaks’ like this. So annoying. Hasn’t this guy been wrong more times than he’s been right? And we ruin the surprise if it’s true. The only person who wins here is the person who leaks it because he gets a ton of attention and it doesn’t seem to hurt his reputation at all when he’s wrong. I‘m really growing to despise these “insiders” who leak stuff early.

Dang, for once, I am actually hoping Jeff GrubbyBoi is actually right on this, but "The Callisto Protocol" could also be that?

Calling it now, it's either:
1. Mobile game.
2. Micro transaction heavy f2p shooter
3. Battle Royale in spaaaaaaace.
4. No Issac Clark - enter empowered stunning and brave female black transgedner in a wheelchair, because current year...
5. Multiplayer co-op only adventure, toned down horror , enter pink hats, and pastel guns to cater to the fortnite weridos.

Just like Splinter Cell, we won't get what we want. A good single player horror game/shooting game similar to dead space 1 and 2 starting Issac Clark or a similar type character (who acts professional and not like some goofy college kid)

Valt7786

Soft reboot with Ellie as main protagonist with her own set of suits (but keep the cool af folding helmets) and I'll be a happy chappy.

The horror
dead-space-extraction-keyart.jpg.adapt.crop191x100.628p.jpg

As long as everything they learnt from Dead Space 3.....is thrown the fuck out.
The game should be closer to the first 2 than the third game.

That shit was so bad it didnt even feel like a Dead Space game.
Yeah, I didn't even buy that game, it seemed so off from everything that was shown about it, and dead space was my favorite game at the time. I loved the first two. I also loved the wii game Dead Space Extraction when it got ported to ps3 /move. Wish i still had my move controllers to play it, ex wife stole them for god knows what (maybe she thought they were something else...lol)

Finally got dead space 3 for free on one of the stores on pc and I still refuse to touch it.

Every single game or fan favorite franchise gets a male character replaced. Sorry its getting old, real old.

To top it off they make them look like guys, and man hating and filled with political slogans and bs.

I love women characters, key in my forum avatar (Sophita is a goddess from on high), and would be fine with a new Lara croft normal type character, but they wont do that either, it will be something extreme to piss off the original fans and promote the sjw religion instead of using a normal everyday character (one who isn't fighting "the patriarchy" or whatever other made up boogieman is used in current day to rile up voter blocks).

Think the Wolfenstein young blood daughters and their immature cringe dialog, its hard to relate to that. I'd be fine with more different characters if they were new games and they weren't trying to erase my childhood or favorite characters.
They say representation matters, then they shouldn't be deleting male characters from games, shows and movies and making new things, but they can't and wont , because they don't know how to create only subvert, distort and destroy. Rinse repeat.

Also In a horror game i want to feel connected to the character, not be scolded about my existence or hear bs humor, it ruins the atmosphere. If making a female character for a horror game, it better be like Heather mason, Claire Redfield or any of the silent hill/Resident evil women, people that are ordinary but may have some inner demons or turmoil that isn't apparent from the outset. Relatable so you can enter the character if first person or feel some empathy for their struggle and be afraid when shit goes wrong. If its some tumblrina douchebag i would be cheering on pyramid head or whoever.

TwistedSyn

I could give a flying fuck. Dead Space 3 was the reason I stopped buying from EA altogether. The Callisto Protocol will be the only one that gets my money.

Last edited:
The point you’re both missing is the voracious insincerity in these gestures these BILLION DOLLAR companies are making, and you’re both lapping it all up like starving Marxist lapdogs. These companies don’t give a FUCK about you, your sexuality, your skin color or other petty and hollow group identity markers - but they’ll do whatever they think will make them quick money through cheap virtue signaling. They love that you come on message boards and defend their manipulative and hollow gestures too.

Oh EA! SO BRAVE! Oh EA! Arbiters of morality and social equality! 👏👏👏
Yes! yes! yes! Oh the insincerity! All marketing speak ?!? HOW DARE THEY. These companies are in it for the money. Where’s all the sincere minority games? NOT POSSIBLE! White straight characters, now thats when companies are extremely sincere. Expensive virtue signaling please.

Companies expanding their marketing to tap into wider markets? And to think that they cared. It was always about the money, I feel duped. Fuck you EA. I need a developer that actually cares.

Why are there minority developers making games with minority characters! Sure they write, design, code, but thats not allowed! Thats it im making my own game without imaginary minority characters! Lets do it GOLGO13. BLAHAHAHA.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Yes! yes! yes! Oh the insincerity! All marketing speak ?!? HOW DARE THEY. These companies are in it for the money. Where’s all the sincere minority games? NOT POSSIBLE! White straight characters, now thats when companies are extremely sincere. Expensive virtue signaling please.

Companies expanding their marketing to tap into wider markets? And to think that they cared. It was always about the money, I feel duped. Fuck you EA. I need a developer that actually cares.

Why are there minority developers making games with minority characters! Sure they write, design, code, but thats not allowed! Thats it im making my own game without imaginary minority characters! Lets do it GOLGO13. BLAHAHAHA.

Your're so clever

Corndog

Banned

What percent of the population is gay? A couple percent? What percent are straight? 98 percent. Yea let’s cater to the smallest demographic.

Last edited:

reksveks

Every single game or fan favorite franchise gets a male character replaced. Sorry its getting old, real old.

To top it off they make them look like guys, and man hating and filled with political slogans and bs.

I love women characters, key in my forum avatar (Sophita is a goddess from on high), and would be fine with a new Lara croft normal type character, but they wont do that either, it will be something extreme to piss off the original fans and promote the sjw religion instead of using a normal everyday character (one who isn't fighting "the patriarchy" or whatever other made up boogieman is used in current day to rile up voter blocks).

Think the Wolfenstein young blood daughters and their immature cringe dialog, its hard to relate to that. I'd be fine with more different characters if they were new games and they weren't trying to erase my childhood or favorite characters.
They say representation matters, then they shouldn't be deleting male characters from games, shows and movies and making new things, but they can't and wont , because they don't know how to create only subvert, distort and destroy. Rinse repeat.

Also In a horror game i want to feel connected to the character, not be scolded about my existence or hear bs humor, it ruins the atmosphere. If making a female character for a horror game, it better be like Heather mason, Claire Redfield or any of the silent hill/Resident evil women, people that are ordinary but may have some inner demons or turmoil that isn't apparent from the outset. Relatable so you can enter the character if first person or feel some empathy for their struggle and be afraid when shit goes wrong. If its some tumblrina douchebag i would be cheering on pyramid head or whoever.

Paragraph 1. I don't have any issue with characters getting re-written or games being remade, the existing material continues to exist.

Paragraph 3. You are assuming in this case but if it is a badly written character then complain about that when it comes. There is no relation between the two.

Paragraph 4. Unfortunately existing franchises pulls in a bigger audience so they have to use that existing brand awareness. There is nothing wrong with it imo.

Paragraph 5. That's just sounds like bad writing so your issue should be with bad writing primarily.

And what?

Is it a bad thing? Is it a good thing? Was it just a prediction?

BabyYoda

Banned
How come gaming developers and "journalists" are constantly posting on and making reference to Resetera, but almost never this forum? I kinda know the answer, but I would like some clarification!

On topic, if it's true, I hope it's more like the first game, an station that you can full explore (eventually), not linear levels like the second game (although it's production values would be nice, it was still a great game) and certainly not like the third game!

Last edited:

Karmic Raze

I never really got to play much of the Dead Space franchise, so a reboot would be awesome. I would definitely give it a chance.

Calling it now, it's either:
1. Mobile game.
2. Micro transaction heavy f2p shooter
3. Battle Royale in spaaaaaaace.
4. No Issac Clark - enter empowered stunning and brave female black transgedner in a wheelchair, because current year...
5. Multiplayer co-op only adventure, toned down horror , enter pink hats, and pastel guns to cater to the fortnite weridos.

Just like Splinter Cell, we won't get what we want. A good single player horror game/shooting game similar to dead space 1 and 2 starting Issac Clark or a similar type character (who acts professional and not like some goofy college kid)
I feel like Jedi Fallen Order kinda changed EA's perspective on certain things

Crocwrangler

Neo Member
To me, the strength of the dead space series was its ability to use most of its bestiary game after game to end up with a large rooster of enemies to fight and survive.

If a new game was to be released on actual platforms after missing an entire generation, i doubt that we'd have such roster. Probably an even weaker one than the first game, like what happened with recent RE remakes 2 and 3 or the new Gears trilogy.

So if it s a reboot, i fear it would be a bit of a lackluster to me. And if a sequel, let s hope it goes big on that aspect of the game.

DeaDPo0L84

Dead Space 1 till this day is one of the better survival horror games on the market. EA saw a chance to get their greedy little paws on it and of course fucked it up. I have ZERO faith any new project will have any resemblance or soul that the original had. I'd have to wait until the game is released and in players hands with impressions before even considering purchasing it.

Cravis

Hate when journalists spoil announcements. Was the first reason I really started to dislike Jason Schier . Certainly wasn’t the last 😂

Top Bottom