• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Beck dies aged 78 after contracting bacterial meningitis

cormack12

Gold Member
I got introduced to this guy by my guitar teacher and some of the sounds he got from the guitars were amazing

Jeff Beck, one of the most influential rock guitarists of all time, has died at the age of 78.

Beck's death was confirmed on his official Twitter page.

"On behalf of his family, it is with deep and profound sadness that we share the news of Jeff Beck's passing," the statement said.

"After suddenly contracting bacterial meningitis, he peacefully passed away yesterday. His family ask for privacy while they process this tremendous loss."

Responding to news of his death, singer Sir Rod Stewart called Beck "the greatest".

Posting a picture of the pair together on Instagram, he wrote: "Jeff Beck was on another planet. He took me and Ronnie Wood to the USA in the late 60s in his band the Jeff Beck Group and we haven't looked back since.

"He was one of the few guitarists that when playing live would actually listen to me sing and respond. Jeff, you were the greatest, my man. Thank you for everything. RIP."

Anybody who knows about rock is familiar with Jeff Beck. One of the greatest guitar players of all time who rubbed shoulders with Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page during his time with The Yardbirds. I remember when his album Emotion & Commotion came out which had a kickass advert song.

220px-Emotioncommotionbeck.jpg

Top Bottom