• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jedi: Fallen Order or Force Unleashed Part I?

If you had to play just one of these, which would it be?

• Jedi: Fallen Order

Votes: 36 63.2%
  • The Force Unleashed Part I

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • They're both shit

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters
I believe:
They're both good games
They're both good star wars games
They're similar in a few aspects

So If you had to play just one of them which would it be?

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (2010)

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (2019)

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
To this day, I think Jedi Outcast is better than both of those. But of those two, I’d rather play Fallen Order.

Star-Lord

Fallen Order, without a doubt. It’s technically and graphically superior to Force Unleashed in every way. As stated, FU was a button-basher, whereas FO is more of a soulsborne with lightsabers.

Larxia

I would say Fallen Order, but it's not really amazing either. The fact that the gameplay only gets decent when you're almost done with the game is very stupid. It takes way too long to get all the interesting upgrades, and by the time you have access to the whole gameplay, you're already at the last mission.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Out of those two, Fallen Order.

To this day, I think Jedi Outcast is better than both of those. But of those two, I’d rather play Fallen Order.
Jedi Outcast or Republic Commando
I tried to replay Jedi Outcast earlier this year and, at least imo, the game isn't nearly as good as I remember. Lot's of cheap deaths and average level design.

...Or maybe it's just that Nar Shaddaa snipers gave me PTSD, who knows.

So yeah, for me it would be either Kotor or Republic Commando. Or Episode I Racer, that game is the shit.

Force Unleashed has the better premise/story but gameplay could’ve been better.

Fallen Order has better gameplay, but a less interesting premise.

Kind of a tie but I feel TFU had more passion behind it even if it doesn’t hit the mark completely.

Kuranghi

I was going to play TFU but its locked to 30fps so I decided not to, but I found this recently:

Has anyone used that successfully?

playXray

I think Fallen Order is probably the better game, but it doesn’t quite feel as ‘Star Wars-y’ as the Force Unleashed. I think it’s probably the locations, which somehow feel like they are from a different game or series. If I’m in a real Star Wars mood I would probably go for TFU.

GymWolf

One is a light souls wannabe 3d metroidvania game where you find fucking ponchos instead of interesting stuff.

The other is more like dmc or bayo if they were far less complicated in star wars universe.

Both good but not great games, if you like souls combat and metroidvania elements get fallen, if not try unleashed.

Story is okay in both, better than new trilogy at least.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Both games are a lot of fun in their own right. Both experiences are also vastly different.

Jedi: Fallen Order takes a lot of inspiration from Souls games. But its done in a way where the player doesn't feel neglected, and the choices aren't so open. Objectives are clear, pathing is clear, etc. Great experience through and through.

Force Unleashed is a more linear beginning to end experience that's all about playing a Star Wars power fantasy. There's a shit ton of action, chaos, and destruction. A ton of fun if you're into ridiculous physics for sure.

I'd say both are definitely worth checking out, but whatever you think you're more itching to play right now would be the one to go with first IMO.

fatmarco

The Force Unleashed is only looked upon fondly with rose tinted glasses because it was and still is a mediocre game with some cool tech and incredible graphics/ art. It has an awful canon annihilating story about a bald space marine who just goes around "Kratos'ing" and humiliating famous Star Wars characters. He's bald, he's angry, and he throws Vader around like a soft toy.

Utter Garbage.

Fallen Order on the other hand treats its material and its place within the universe with a degree of respect that you can feel as you play the game. Whether you like its gameplay or not is up to you, but it cannot be contested that, at the very least, it stays out of the way of the main Star Wars narrative enough to not completely poison or compromise it.

And as a Star Wars fan, NOT destroying the canon/ rules of the universe are the most important part of my enjoyment of Star Wars content, because it is such a rare experience these days.

Romulus

The lightsaber is obviously the Jedi/sith's most iconic weapon. The Force Unleashed completely ruined it. You can literally chain combos with 10+ hits on a normal stormtrooper without slash marks or losing a limb. The lightsaber is basically a baseball bat in the Force Unleashed I.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Neither. Jedi Academy or Jedi Outcast 2. Anyway, Fallen Order is better than Force Unleashed tho FU has some cool cinematic moments.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
If could play one or the other I choose not to play games ever again. awakening was good but only for one play through. I couldnt play it over and over.

Top Bottom