• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier from Kotaku reiterates that devs do not like Lockhart, "significantly less RAM"

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You're going to have to provide quote. If they literally said this, it shouldn't be a problem.

Fake

No,that you are taking him out of context. Post the link plz.

quest

Not Banned from OT
He said "for the forseeable future". =cross gen games
Don't bring your common sense in here dude. It is over reaction only xbox one support until 2050 damn it. I'm glad someone else can read. I'm sure the one lines will be shut down shortly also not selling well enough to keep open once the scarlet is ready for production. There is a ton in chains already.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

No shit. Nobody is denying that. That places Lockhart in an interesting situation (at launch) where that impression matters most having 4 skus that play the same games, hence, which casuals is it supposed to appeal to... hardcore launch buyers are Anaconda bound 99% of the time.

Don't bring your common sense in here dude. It is over reaction only xbox one support until 2050 damn it. I'm glad someone else can read. I'm sure the one lines will be shut down shortly also not selling well enough to keep open once the scarlet is ready for production. There is a ton in chains already.

Get over yourself, I never said any of that.

Last edited:

That's not a quote, it's a link to a thread. A thread based on an article which was a hatchet job on a real article by GI Biz.

Do you have quotes from those people? You said they literally said these things.

He didn't even say that. "Foreseeable future" came from the a writer who re-contextualised [edit: a selected quote from] an article from someone who actually spoke to Booty.

Booty made no comment on the timeframe for cross gen games.

Edit: here's the real article, not the shite used to ignite that awful thread:

"When Scarlett launches, there will still be the Xbox One S and Xbox One X out there. We need to approach that family of devices in the same way that we approach PC, where the content scales to meet the device"

"When Scarlett launches".

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That's not a quote, it's a link to a thread. A thread based on an article which was a hatchet job on a real article by GI Biz.

Do you have quotes from those people? You said they literally said these things.

He didn't even say that. "Foreseeable future" came from the a writer who re-contextualised an article from someone who actually spoke to Booty.

Booty made no comment on the timeframe for cross gen games.

His quotes are in the article, and yes that can and will be true for Sony as well (some cross gen context), however, the argument is that Lockhart (if real) appears odd when you still have both the S/X sitting there with the games at launch and early on at a cheaper price for the casuals. Hardcore early adopters at launch are flocking towards Anaconda if given a choice, majority of casuals will buy the cheapest box for those games at launch or stick with what they already have.

Last edited:
His quotes are in the article, and yes that can and will be true for Sony as well (some cross gen context), however, the argument is that Lockhart (if real) appears odd when you still have both the S/X sitting there with the games at launch and early on at a cheaper price for the casuals. Hardcore early adopters at launch are flocking towards Anaconda if given a choice, majority of casuals will buy the cheapest box for those games at launch or stick with what they already have.

None of the quotes in the article say all Scarlett games will work on X1 though. Quite the opposite infact.

I agree Lockhart might appear odd during the launch window, but if it actually materialises it's intended to have a service life far beyond the X1S and X1X. Many years beyond, actually. And unlike those machines, Lockhart really is intended to see all Scarlett games running - hence its full fat CPU, big memory increase and SSD.

X1X is going to be expensive to make forever, even with a node shrink and a move to a half width (192-bit GDDR6) bus. And unlike Lockhart, the X1X is simply incapable of playing all the games that are going to come to Anaconda.

In summary: Lockhart is a long term plan for the mass market, intended to go on long after X1S and X1X are dead and buried and no longer getting AAA games. It'll end up far more capable than the X1X and cheaper to make too, I'll wager.

People are really delusional if they think $500 consoles are gonna have something not only as good, but even better than a 2080. So dumb

Reactions: GHG

TLZ

Banned
What's a Schreier?
Google translate gave me this :messenger_tears_of_joy:

4yRKuzL.png

7A7hnq2.png

Top Bottom