• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier: Eidos is working right now on a new IP

nush

You could replace Eidos with any pubisher and be correct over the longest timeline.

SteadyEvo

I’m ok with this and I loved their work on Deus Ex. Played on the WiiU, GOAT edition.

Last edited:
I thought recent readings were that Deus Ex isn’t beyond an idea at this point.

Makes sense with development time. Probably will be at least 5 years from now.

Granted that’s if any of this shit’s true.

TexMex

Another incredible news story from Jason turned into another incredible post from OP who is determined to create a new thread for every single link he comes across.

As long as we know they will come back to Deus Ex at some point, I'm ok with that.

Excited for their new IP.

SQUARE WILL FEEL ASHAMED OF THEIR WORDS AND DEEDS.

yurinka

The Square Enix studios sold to Embracer are working on new Tomb Raider, Deus EX, Thief and a new IP according to themselves.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
That sux, I hope it's at least something good. I would much prefer if they aren't immediately working on a new Deus Ex that they would make a sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy.

No shit. Square hated deus ex so of course they're working on something else, might be months before the deal is finalized
Companies don't hate their products, they just decide wich ones are profitable enough for them. Other companies or other executives of the same company can have different opinions or expectations on the same products

Companies don't hate their products, they just decide wich ones are profitable enough for them. Other companies or other executives of the same company can have different opinions or expectations on the same products
OK?

They publicly said that they were unhappy with the sales, forced them to rush mankind divided before it was finished, and then shelved it.

But sure, play stupid semantics I guess

Give these guys the budget CDPR had when developing Cyberpunk 2077 and they will make a Deus Ex game that would shit on every other game in the genre from great height.
So much wasted potential in their dead IPs. SE was the worst thing to happen to Eidos.

Top Bottom