• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Scheirer says Far Cry 7 is going on a completely different direction

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
This sounds like a Shpeshal Nick type of rumor. (Highly predictable + leaves room to wiggle out if proven wrong)

Open world multiplayer is the future.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Add a little Watch Dogs, a tad of Assassin’s Creed, and a pinch of Ghost Recon. Walla…Far Cry 6. The Uber Looter shooter with twice as much DLC.

Far cry 6 isn't even out yet and we're already looking more forward to far cry 7. Personally, I can't wait for far cry 10. Maybe ubisoft will have stopped with the copy and paste games they make by than.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Far cry 6 isn't even out yet and we're already looking more forward to far cry 7. Personally, I can't wait for far cry 10. Maybe ubisoft will have stopped with the copy and paste games they make by than.
*then

time grammar GIF

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
You messed with the time machine again, didn't you? Hold still I'm coming to get you.

Bernie Sanders Meme GIF by patternbase

Umbasaborne

Banned
Id love a reboot that gets back to the feeling of being a survivor in a foreign enviroment where everyone wants to kill you. Less rinse and repeat strong holds, more tense stealth and survival scenarios. Also remove the mini map/markers

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I’m thinking this won’t turn out how we want it. Probably becomes some type of “GAas” experience.

Hopefully I’m wrong and it’s a down and dirty, in-the-mud reinvention. The “Skate” to “Tony Hawk Pro Skater”. Make surviving in a beautiful foreign land a big deal again. Let me lather up my wet body in mud, and crawl under the docks with a big knife between my teeth, and some dynamite tucked into my combat boots.

I don’t know why I’m coming to Far Cry for this but someone ought to do it.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Jason Schreier, once again, says nothing that wasn't a repeat of what was stated by teh companies months ago.

Why do you keep giving this pathetic weasel the time of day?

Solarstrike

Finally! Middle Ages here we go. Ability to recruit an army and set forth to reclaim the land. Trebuchets and armors to gather resources for and to construct. Outposts to build and manage. Epic sword battles on the morning dew and oil covered battlefields. Rumors of the best axe-men and axe-woman to find. Bounties to collect (or recruit for your front line). Thousands of fire engulfed arrows piercing the night sky. The smell of freshly baked bread and roasted lamb from the village center down the road. From the finest wares the blacksmith has to offer to the warm bosom of a sultry dame. The thundering of calvary and their men at arms across the ground like the sound of a thousand thunderstorms plus one. You, rise up from a plagued and burned village and become King. For the sword you carry the silencer of tongues, the slayer of worlds..

FarCry 7: Conquest

Come At Me Bring It GIF by Game of Thrones

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member

So it will be just like the other Far Cry games based on their direction for Assassin's Creed Infinity...
"It's not going to be a free-to-play [game]," Guillemot said. "This game is going to have a lot of narrative elements in it. It's going to be very innovative game, but it will have what players already have in all the other Assassin's Creed games, all the elements that they love... right from the start. So it's going to be a huge game. But with lots of elements that already exist in the games that we published in the past."

Great!
Can wait!

Top Bottom