• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Scheirer says Far Cry 7 is going on a completely different direction

Dav-Kripler

confused the sims GIF by Kim's Convenience

Shubh_C63

Of course.

FC6 would be the last franchise entry as a singleplayer game. Ubi is working a model to turn FC7 into GaaS.

base

Banned
It will take place in Europe and the main character will be a terrorist ;-)

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
He says that.
And i say he's a uninteresting dwarf full of crap who craves attention, and Ubisoft is going to do the same shit they always do with FC7...

So are you gonna trust your affable neogaf friend or that lame excuse of a human being?

KCZOkMI.gif

Shut0wen

I hope so, far cry 3 was a very good game but fucking hell ubi has been riding that since it released, i havent played 5 but played 4 afew months ago, didnt find it as enjoyable as 3 but its a decebt game but like most ubisoft games they throw some much repetitive shit that after afew hours it gets incredibly stale

YuLY

Ubisoft is such a boring company and maybe the games industry in general lately actually. You have this IP thats a huge seller , its open world and shooter, why not go nuts like to another planet..fight dinos or strange creatures. The only semi-wild thing they ever did with this francize was Blood Dragon which yes was really good although super short..

Like come on...out of those 1k devs nobody has a good idea to back it up and push for it? how many times we gonna go open world in green plains/jungles/forests killing generic enemies...

They went post-apoc but lets be real it was bs, a rehash of their old map with some ruined stuff in it...go nuts if you wanna change, go Mad Max, distant planet, future ice age...

TheMan

a big fat nothing here, but yeah in theory i think it would be great if they could shake things up a bit. The gameplay has been pretty similar since FC3.

i mean its ubisoft. how different will it really be? i wish they would stop with the massive worlds and millons of collectibles and give us meaty quests and actual good characters.

Alebrije

a big fat nothing here, but yeah in theory i think it would be great if they could shake things up a bit. The gameplay has been pretty similar since FC3.
Its been the same game with different skins , same happens to AC series since Origins.

mhirano

Assuming any if this were true, I'd guess they're talking about setting, not mechanics. No longer will the game satirize the CIA's interferance in developing nations. Now a first world nation, probably the US, will be the target for some heavy-handed satire. Like a darker Watch Dogs or maybe a wackier Tom Clancy game.
US satire...
Did you mean Far Cry 5?

Freeman76

Jokes aside, I feel like Far Cry biggest distinguishing features is their villain performance, which is hampered by being a open world game where narrative takes a backseat.

I can see Ubi trying to make a more linear experience ala TLOU, where the cinematics take focus
These clowns couldnt write a bedtime story though!

G Boaty

Banned
Try as I might, I have no faith in Ubisoft to put out any AAA game even remotely original or interesting these days. Even if it's a new direction for Far Cry, it'll be as dull and lifeless as everything else they've put out in the last decade.

Far Cry has been bad for awhile so this is a good thing. It tried to have this image of an open FPS Adventure but the last several games had bland uninteresting works, worsening gunplay, and terrible or generic plots.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

An Axios source said Ubisoft has been exploring a more online-oriented approach for a new entry in the long-running franchise.

Earlier this week, it emerged that Ubisoft may have included a teaser in Far Cry 6 hinting at a potential multiplayer game set in the Far Cry universe.

Top Bottom