• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jade Raymond introduces Haven, a new Montreal-based game development studio working on an original, new IP for PlayStation

SantaC

Newsflash EA forcing all their teams to use that engine was a disaster. That's on EA not her. That's why Andromeda, Anthem, and more were all garbage.
Frostbite engine was great when DICE uses it. Not their fault others cant handle it.

Besides Dragon Age 3 is using it just fine.

Last edited:
UYCXc6p.gif

SantaC

Uh that's because it was built for FPS games duh. You can't force that on every genre of game. And Dragon Quest 3? Learn what the fuck your talking about.
Jeez Dragon-Age 3, you know what I meant. And thats not an fps game.

It was fun when frostbite engineer called out Amy Hennig as clueless.

Hugare

I would be willing to donate a kidney, eyeball and testicle, just to get a look at Jade Raymond's CV. The actual written document, if it exists or if such even circulate at the level she levitates at.

Worth keeping in mind that this is the same lady that signed off on that infamous Watch Dogs trailer.
lo, I was thinking the same thing

I entered this thread thinking "but wasnt she at Google just now?! As a director, nonetheless?"

She stays for 1 year on each company and she still get a better job after.

lo, I was thinking the same thing

I entered this thread thinking "but wasnt she at Google just now?! As a director, nonetheless?"

She stays for 1 year on each company and she still get a better job after.

There are tonnes of people like this in the industry I work in. Mediocre people who float betweeen companies conning great salaries until they get found out at each company. Big mistake from Sony but happy to be proven wrong.

Oh I remember her. Seems like one of the first Neogaf turning points I remember from the site being about games to being about woke was when she had a big article written about her contributions to Assassins Creed. Of course the "dudes" who commented that she looked hot had to get smacked down and banned for sexism.

harmny

Banned
What a crappy name to choose after mike morhaime and other former blizzard developers founded dreamhaven. I hate when studios do this

CGiRanger

Banned
I've heard this person's name for so many years. Yet I don't understand what she has done to deserve so much accolades and name recognition.

Her contributions don't seem to be as big as others on the projects she's been associated with. Yet for some reason she gets the limelight. Why?

The last two words of this message are Jade Raymond's actual contribution to Assassin's Creed series.

J7jIiAI.jpg

Jesus (no disrespect to Jesus, I love Jesus), I haven't played games seriously for the past few years... is this the norm these days for games?

I've heard this person's name for so many years. Yet I don't understand what she has done to deserve so much accolades and name recognition.

Her contributions don't seem to be as big as others on the projects she's been associated with. Yet for some reason she gets the limelight. Why?
Some people have the quality to associate themselves. It's a business skill, too.

Guilty_AI

Watch Dogs.
Not exactly the best title for the curriculum tho, but still something i guess.

Seems she worked mostly with 'ok' games. Only real highlight is AC2 since AC1 actually wasn't considered all that great at the time, only getting famous afterwards because of following games.

Interfectum

Neat. So... 5 years of dev time, perhaps will be released with a PS5 Pro patch if it doesn't get cancelled first. Get hype tho. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

ethomaz

Banned

Seems she worked mostly with 'ok' games. Only real highlight is AC2 since AC1 actually wasn't considered all that great at the time, only getting famous afterwards because of following games.
I don't know... it is not my like of game but Watch Dogs were very well received and sold really good.... so a success? I found out the sequel inferior to the first game imo.

I mean Watch Dogs sold over 10 million units pretty fast.
It even turned the table on Ubisoft finanacials.

Last edited:

We're all guessing at this point, since no one really knows.

If I had to guess, she basically opens studios now - and is the person coordinating execs / funding. She probably knows some devs too and is somewhat involved in hiring (team building). Then after that, I have no clue. Probably sits in meetings and greenlights stuff. 🤷‍♂️

The main creator behind Assassin's Creed is not her. That man is making badass ape games now.

CGiRanger

Banned

But even then no one can really say what her actual contributions were to those games. Did she even touch any of the actual "Creative" or "Design" aspects of those games? Or was she just one of those glorified "Producers"?
We're all guessing at this point, since no one really knows.

If I had to guess, she basically opens studios now - and is the person coordinating execs / funding. She probably knows some devs too and is somewhat involved in hiring (team building). Then after that, I have no clue. Probably sits in meetings and greenlights stuff. 🤷‍♂️

The main creator behind Assassin's Creed is not her. That man is making badass ape games now.
Yeah. I remember hearing how she was just at Google Stadia for a year and has nothing to show for that. Granted I can give her the benefit of the doubt with Google just being a clusterfuck of a company to create stuff in. But even prior to that, when is the last time she released a game that she worked on directly?

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Guess she's lucky she ain't Japanese! 😏

COVID virtue signalling right off the bat, cool. 🥱

Last edited:
Top Bottom