• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jackie Chan Stuntmaster

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Jackie%20Chan%20Stuntmaster.jpg

I was seeing my "child backlog" for games that I didn't finished or got close, whatever... and I saw this game, which for reasons that I didn't remember, I didn't finish it. So this weekend I started playing again from the top to see what this bad boy could do and finished just before writting this.

Nostalgic feeling:
I remember having a lot of fun with this game. It was a 3D beat 'em up with a loved person from the 90's that says funny quotes from time to time. You can't go wrong with it, right?

Today's feeling:
Yeah, they messed up. Not for the most part, but a lot.

The game suffers from the slippery floor thing that we see in a lot of early 3d games. The plataforming is broken, needing perfect timing and placing or you will clip in the floor or something. There's some really great moves, but by the second zone you probably used them all. There's various objects that Jackie can use as a weapon, and they have nice coreographs, but the fact that they broke too soon and you can only use in the same area that you got is a bummer. The boss fights are great, but I felt that not all of them got really finished. The dragon heads collection is a nice and not easy thing to do, but you only unlock an outfit?!

So yeah, this game starts great and becomes kinda boring. Still is ok thou. I can recomend to a friend with patience

If I remember right I had a demo disc from Official Playstation Magazine, which had Jackie Chan Stuntmaster.

I really wanted the game but never got it.

Brings back memories :)

I used to have this and played it quite a few times (didnt have a lot of games).

Such a great game, definetly one of my favs from PS1.

D.Final

Banned
Jackie%20Chan%20Stuntmaster.jpg

I was seeing my "child backlog" for games that I didn't finished or got close, whatever... and I saw this game, which for reasons that I didn't remember, I didn't finish it. So this weekend I started playing again from the top to see what this bad boy could do and finished just before writting this.

Nostalgic feeling:
I remember having a lot of fun with this game. It was a 3D beat 'em up with a loved person from the 90's that says funny quotes from time to time. You can't go wrong with it, right?

Today's feeling:
Yeah, they messed up. Not for the most part, but a lot.

The game suffers from the slippery floor thing that we see in a lot of early 3d games. The plataforming is broken, needing perfect timing and placing or you will clip in the floor or something. There's some really great moves, but by the second zone you probably used them all. There's various objects that Jackie can use as a weapon, and they have nice coreographs, but the fact that they broke too soon and you can only use in the same area that you got is a bummer. The boss fights are great, but I felt that not all of them got really finished. The dragon heads collection is a nice and not easy thing to do, but you only unlock an outfit?!

So yeah, this game starts great and becomes kinda boring. Still is ok thou. I can recomend to a friend with patience

I've never play this.
Maybe I can checking out, one day

Wow, I remember this game. Think I either played it at a McDonalds in Sweden or on a Playstation demo disc.
Was always big into Jackie Chan, so kinda wanted it, but luckily I had a surprisingly good taste for what games are good back in the day, so I never bought it. It's probably all right, but considering I lucked out on buying most of the big playstation classics, I wouldn't want to miss out one of them for this.

PocoJoe

Banned
Great game, still have it. Played a lot and finished it in the 90's multiple times.

He gets multiple fighting styles, at least after finishing it. Drunken style is cool

Gotta play it after i finish dino crisis 2

Last edited:

Banned
what they absolutely nailed is the artstyle. it is blocky by design and therefore works really well with the capabilities of the PS1.
they also use the same style in prerendered scenes and this also helps in keeping a cohesive style

brian0057

Banned
For creating this thread, I could kiss you right now.
I'm in a platonic relationship with this game. It's fun as hell, the combat is addictive and it has Jackie fucking Chan.
What's not to love? Although the platforming was rather weak.
Probably my favorite PS1 era game ever second only to Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver.

Last edited:

Kusarigama

This is a very underappreciated game, easily one of my favorites on the PS1. Me, my brother and my cousins we used to take turns and play it, such good memories. Thanks for bringing it up :messenger_grinning:

Md Ray

OMG I LOVED THIS GAME SO MUCH ON PS1. 😍😍😍😍😍 BRINGS BACK A LOT OF GOOD CHILDHOOD MEMORIES WITH THIS. Sorry for all caps, was so happy to see this thread pop up here.

H4ze

Ahhh good childhood memories, played the game mostly on a demo disc, but I remember renting it once over a weekend, good times.

Top Bottom