• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I've beaten "all" the 2D Metroids, 2D Mario is next, where do I start?

Kuranghi

Boy you better be playing dat der Super Mario Sunshine

Odyssey-Trilby-Dog-shame

I promise I'll try it soon Flammy.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

alabtrosMyster alabtrosMyster I think you saw this in the RA thread but just in case I'm misremembering here it is again. This is what I decided on for The Minish Cap because I felt mGBA's built-in GBA colour correction was too desaturated and it ruined the greens + the GBA pixel grid filters all didn't look right to me. So I made a new preset with a desaturate colours filter + Caligari but I increased the Spot Height quite a bit and decreased the Spot Width by one value to give it a sort of pixel grid effect like the original GBA LCD:

A lot of the greens look too dark but on the map screen the fields were still like glow-in-the-dark green after applying my desaturatation so it seemed like thats what colour they wanted Links darker outfit parts to be.

sn0man

I have five (5) I flick between which are customised versions of the CRT presets: caligari, hylian, geom, crt-royale and one with no scanlines but a heavier blur (Lut-something?) which was good for a few games where scanlines didn't look right.

I tried to make it look like a Sony PVM monitor connected with RGB because I like a sharp image, this is the look I'm going for, but these aren't my images, they are PVM off-screen shots.

PVM is on the left and 4K LG OLED upscaling (with no filters afaik, apart from whatever awfulness is part of the upscaling process that makes it look like that) on right:

s4ztmpx5zu031.jpg

haIvXbD.jpg

I wish they made CRTs again. How did you get your PVM? I’m afraid to get one because I won’t want to game on the LG CX after seeing something that beautiful. I’ll probably hold out till I move in a couple years and then nab another 36” trinitron. (Though if I’m honest it may be too late by then.)

Cutty Flam

Banned
SMB3 is the GOAT 2D Mario for me

SMW is very impressive. I think with SMW, the more skilled you've become and adept you are at Mario games in general, the more fun you'll have with it. There are so many secrets in that game

Top Bottom