• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iTunes to mp3 conversion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

Count of Concision
Is it possible? I just tried to burn iTunes songs that I've downloaded and it says that the format isn't supported (on the drop down menu of supported file types, it says "MPEG-4 Audio, mp4", but the file type on the iTunes downloads say "m4p" (note the transposition of the "4" and the "p"), so I assume it's some proprietary format that's unburnable (I use Nero, btw).

So does anyone know of any (preferably free) software that will convert these iTunes downloads to mp3's? Short of that, does anyone know how to directly burn the iTunes proprietary format onto CD?

I'd be pretty pissed off if it's not possible, since one of the only reasons I decided to download and pay for iTunes is because I wanted to make CD's for my car for driving. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Triumph

Banned
Why not just use itunes to burn cds instead of NERO? That's what I do.

Also, I don't think there is an answer to this. I ran into the same problem when I wanted to convert my itunes library to mp3 so I could dump it onto my Zen. Never found a definitive answer.

Loki

Count of Concision
Raoul Duke said:
Why not just use itunes to burn cds instead of NERO? That's what I do.

Also, I don't think there is an answer to this. I ran into the same problem when I wanted to convert my itunes library to mp3 so I could dump it onto my Zen. Never found a definitive answer.

Arrrgggh.... : /

I hope some other members can help me out, then. So you're saying you can use the iTunes software to burn CD's? I haven't really tooled around with the options and menus, so I had no idea-- I just use it to play the songs I've downloaded. So these CD's you've burned through iTunes that have iTunes songs on them, are they playable on regular CD players? I'm not necessarily looking to convert it to mp3 for use on an mp3 player, I just thought that to convert it to mp3 would be the only way to get it on a normal CD.

So what's the deal about what you've done, Raoul? :)

Triumph

Banned
Loki said:
Arrrgggh.... : /

I hope some other members can help me out, then. So you're saying you can use the iTunes software to burn CD's? I haven't really tooled around with the options and menus, so I had no idea-- I just use it to play the songs I've downloaded. So these CD's you've burned through iTunes that have iTunes songs on them, are they playable on regular CD players? I'm not necessarily looking to convert it to mp3 for use on an mp3 player, I just thought that to convert it to mp3 would be the only way to get it on a normal CD.

So what's the deal about what you've done, Raoul? :)
Simple. Just create a new playlist of what you want to burn to a cd, then in the top right hand corner, you'll see a little nuclear looking icon(at least it is for the antiquated version of itunes I'm using). Toss a cd r in your burner and click on that puppy to burn.

Loki

Count of Concision
Thanks Anthropic, Raoul, and Timbuktu. :) That's what I was looking for.

Another GA success story. :D

I've never created a custom playlist using iTunes, so that's why I never saw the icon/option to burn, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom