• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Its Time To Be Honest About Next Gen Multiplatform Games

anothertech

Wow. The ignorance is strong with this one. Please stop arguing things that you don't understand.

Both will be awesome. The difference negligible.

Truespeed

Keep spinning false narrative's about Sony and PS5 with an inferior CPU that they PUSHED PAST IT'S INTENDED SPEED AFTER BUYING A SLOWER OFF THE SHELF PART.

And I'll sit here and forget all about the grasping for straws - because I deal in factual information.

And PS5 doesn't have "Boost MODE" PS5 BOOST MODE is the CPU BEING PUSHED PAST IT'S INTENDED SPEED AND SOLD TO THE CONSUMER AS A STOCK PART

You know why SeriesX Speed doesn't Increase AND decrease consumer? Because it's Computational Speed has not been pushed past it's actual limit and then included in a console.

And to the guy that cited there is no "Boost" for PS5 -

QUIT TRYING TO CHANGE THE NARRATIVE TO SUIT SONY PS5, it has a slower CPU, a SLOWER CPU that UNLIKE MICROSOFT'S - SLOWS DOWN EVEN MORE WHEN UNDER HEAVY LOAD.

You're false narratives and deceitful way's all fall apart when looking at the original sources, original transcribes ect

"There's no PS5 Boost MODE" yeah uhh have fun tryin stay relevant selling that disinformation.

Oh wait, are you going to try to hit me with another angle here because I'm not wrong? Gotta try to find the correct spin on this?

There isn't one, the PS5 CPU is slower and pushed past it's intended limit at that. It's purely up to DEVELOPERS to deliver and Xbox has the better hardware and the high ground.

You're going to attempt to recover here and you can't and I'm just ignore further attempts moving forward.

"PS5 has locked frequencies"

No, it has VARIABLE FREQUENCIES as CITED IN THE TRANSCRIPTION BELOW

Again, further attempts to spin fact with disfunction and disinformation and false information and attempts to slander factual information are going to be ignored.

Variable Frequency means - the CPU is literally slowed down as it's already pushed past it's limit and under load it can not sustain speed.

Good Day to you consumer

Good bye to you disinformationists.

And to clear up what the qoute means - it means the game is going to be built to sustain performance - even if the CPU can not sustain it's speed.

You're all over the place. Where's you're proof that Sony is pushing its CPU past 3.5GHz and why are you claiming the PS5 CPU is OTS when it was custom designed by Sony and AMD? As for boost mode, since the CPU doesn't exceed the maximum 3.5Ghz, regardless of TDP, why are you claiming it does when Sony clearly states, in that snippet you pasted, that their definition of Boost mode is contrary to that of the PC definition which will only boost frequencies when it's within a safe TDP range. And why would the PS5 CPU slow down when it's under heavy load? You only throttle when your outside a safe TDP range and your cooling solution can't compensate, otherwise it's silly what you're suggesting. In fact, pretty much everything you've said is ridiculous and riddled with misinformation. If you're going to make claims like that then post the receipts.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Do we know when sites like digital foundry can publish nex gen multi platform comparison videos?

IDappa

OP is a lot too rational, must be new on NeoGAF. You're right but I hope you took your flame shield and helmet with you.

You're dealing with desperate people. Grammar warriors fighting to see a difference between "4k 60" vs "4k and 60", Ubi themselves even had to step up to stop the madness and tell them both versions of every game are the same, so don't expect a calm debate.

Something tells me things will get more peaceful after a few comparison videos though.

Good luck.
Nice tag, you seem very unbiased..

Anyway. I'd be interested to see how the battery life of the PS5 controller is with all the new features. My PS4 controller is atrocious.. anybody have any info on this?.

Here is the topical on form information, for those interested - where Cerny himself states they increase the frequency/speed of the CPU. Frequency means Speed. So they do in fact Increase (not decrease) the standard CPU speed and both CPU and GPU run in BOOST mode.

They then decrease CPU speed as needed to boost the GPU speed and to alleviate/dissapate heating issues. But the CPU speed is in fact increased above it's intended limit and in doing so - burden's the hardware as it was intended to run much slower.

Translation - we continuously overburden the CPU and GPU by overclocking both and attempt to alleviate that burden by using variable frequencies in order to relieve strain on either the CPU or GPU.

Which is fine really, these day's the hardware can withstand a bit of overburden - and overclock is just strain/overburden on the hardware by pushing the cpu and gpu past it's intended limit - so it is still not preferred, and both the CPU/GPU remain markedly slower than SeriesX.

How what I have cited, quiet literally Mark Cerny him self stating they

He literally, verbatim states - "WE increase the frequency of CPU and GPU, until they reach the capabilities of the system's cooling solution"

That mean's the CPU is BEING OVERBURNDED PAST IT'S INTENDED STANDARD SPEED, as is the gpu.

Variable frequency literally means the CPU is limited in some way by a metering mechanism, that it is being throttled - slowed down or sped up past it's intended CPU speed and in general this practice is bad on the hardware; but hardware has made great leaps so it isn't as big of a deal but boost mode, overclocked cpu and variable frequencies aren't some magic term that means "better than a standard cpu"

These term's literally mean "Slower hardware has been made to work harder, and we have attempted to alleviate any issues by decreasing speed when needed"

And people here outwardly attack me as a liar, when it is so obviously quiet the opposite at this point.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Title of the thread should be, “It’s time for me to give my totally unbiased opinion about how I think next gen multiplats are going to go and why they are always going to be better on PS5, because I said so. “

There’s not much honest in that OP, as far as discussion goes.

Last edited:
The multiplatform games are probably going to look even closer to each other than they did with the PS4 and XB1. I’m expecting a lot of ports with minimal differences from each other.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Right...that power difference doesn't matter one bit, but Tempest Engine, DualSense and buzzword X from Sony are gonna blow you away!
Except for the fact that DualSense is already being wildly renowned by literally everybody. Meanwhile, XSX still doesn't have a basic gyroscope in 2020.

so apparently the PS5 doesn't have quick resume feature like series x/s. That's super disappointing. Dualsense battery life appears to be very poor too ranging from 5 to 8ish hours from reviews I've seen. also, as i expected 3d audio is nothing groundbreaking. Don't get me wrong it's awesome and seems great, but so are all the other audio codecs/technologies out there lol. Full disclosure i'm getting both ps5 and xsx and mostly playing on my pc with 3080 lol.

Last edited:

Clarissa

Banned
PS5 DOWNCLOCKS DUE TO THE FACT THAT THERE IS STRAIN ON THE CPU, STRAIN DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT IS BEING BURDENED AS THEY HAVE MADE IT FASTER THAN ORIGINALLY INTENDED. INDISPUTABLE.

SERIES X WILL NOT NEED TO USE SUCH FUCTIONS EVEN THOUGH ALL CPU'S CAN IN FACT LOWER THEIR OWN SPEED IF SOFTWARE PERMITS - WHY? BECAUSE THE CPU IS NOT BEING STRAINED/PUSH PAST WHAT IT WAS INTENDED. INDISPUTABLE.
YOU NEED TO SPEAK LOUDER!!! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!

Look, I'm done here - I plainly showed you all - that Cerny himself Says in Video Form - "We in fact speed up the CPU past factory settings" that means Overclock/Strain's hardware

He plainly states the PS5 is being Overclocked in video form

Again he plainly states this.

And nothing about Cerny's quote is disingenuous or misleading - he plainly state's it as fact then moves forward.

Another fact - as a Computer Scientist - I in fact have for over 20 year's utilized Variable Frequencies to do one thing in particular - compensate for overclocking/thermal temperatures - this is accomplished EXACTLY as THE PS5 accomplishes it's variable frequencies - either the CPU/GPU slow's down via software readouts - just as the PS5 - to compensate for heating and or improve speed (or slow down) as needed.

To attempt to explain that the Xbox CPU doesn't need to use Variable frequencies because it is NOT the EXACT same CPU - it did not need a binning process and rigorous testing so that it's CPU speed could be forcibly increased past it's intended stock speed is not demonstrably incorrect - as Cerny has gone on record in video format stating literally they increase the standard speed of their CPU.

If Xbox and PS5 had the exact same CPU as stated in another thread - no variable frequency would even be needed.

People have cited I am "demonstrably" incorrect over and over but then ignore where I show them EXACTLY where Cerny has stated they increase the speed of the CPU among many many other examples

"We increase the Frequency of CPU and GPU"

You all... are no longer arguing with me - you are arguing with Cerny Himself

"We increase the Frequency of CPU and GPU"

I am done here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom