• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's really impressive what has been done by Capcom on Nintendo Switch.

Looking at Monster Hunter Rise that's currently running on Nintendo Switch hardware, it's safe to say Monster Hunter Rise is the best looking Nintendo Switch game. Monster Hunter Rise was made by using RE Engine, the latest engine from Capcom.

Here are some comparison pictures(images by Capcom) between Monster Hunter Rise and Monster Hunter World

Monster-Hunter-Rise_2021_01-07-21_018.jpg

monster-hunter-world-iceborne-tigrex.original.jpg

Monster-Hunter-Rise_2021_01-07-21_011.jpg

zp-256005_Monster-Hunter-World-Iceborne_2019_08-29-19_004.jpg

Monster-Hunter-Rise_2021_01-07-21_004.jpg

zp-249012_Monster-Hunter-World-Iceborne_2019_06-04-19_002.jpg

Monster-Hunter-Rise_2021_01-07-21_020.jpg

3953ae97-5a04-42a6-84f0-ab2680872afb-Quest_Blizzard_Blitz_-_Barioth2.jpg

BlackM1st

Banned
Um... I'm sorry, but why even compare it to a game that runs on PC/PS4. MH on switch looks good for a mobile game. What else there to say? MH on PS4/PC is far superior in everything. So uh... ?

Woopah

Capcom now have a Switch-specific version of the RE engine and that will help them make better looking games for the platform.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I wanna see it and play it before making a call because the feel of the movement is a big deal.

But so far all the trailers look really nice, especially with the world and monster geometry. It's a huge step up compared to something like Generations Ultimate on the Switch.

Bodomism

Banned
I wanna see it and play it before making a call because the feel of the movement is a big deal.

But so far all the trailers look really nice, especially with the world and monster geometry. It's a huge step up compared to something like Generations Ultimate on the Switch.
If only gamefreak shown the same level of dedication to develop beautifully like that, Pokemon would be selling 30 million units by now.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
If only gamefreak shown the same level of dedication to develop beautifully like that, Pokemon would be selling 30 million units by now.
The most ambitious thing GameFreak ever did was when Iwata helped cram the content from Red/Blue into Gold/Silver.

Past that point, they've been coasting. I've never seen a strong push to make a Pokemon game that outclasses all the rest.

Bodomism

Banned
just a rule of thumb never trust images sent through by press. Usually they are bullshots. I doubt the switch will have the same resolution and clarity
Those are surely bullshot for both MHW ps4 and MHR Switch but aside from resolution and a few post processing effects it won't look far from that.

BlackM1st

Banned
Hilarious gif and a very cute cat, I'm not gonna argue with that. I genuinely laughed.

I'm also not gonna argue with a rabid Nintendo fans celebrating MH finally coming back to their platform of choice.

What I'm disagreeing with is that we should compare MH switch to MH PC. Games are generations apart, end of story.

Feel free to buy and enjoy MH on Switch...

Kev Kev

mmmmm im calling bullshit... need to see it with my own eyes to beleve it. honestly looks better in those screen shots than it did on my xbox one

Astral Dog

Yeah Capcom are amazing at pushing Nintendo systems. <3

Resident Evil 4 on GC, Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS , Darkside Chronicles /Monster Hunter on Wii, and now Monster Hunter RISE and Revelations 3 on the Switch. 👌

The results are simply incredible, meanwhile Nintendo puts out Pokemon and Fire Emblem Three Houses

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
They kinda look like bullshots but i wanna try the game first before calling the screens fake.

Ceadeus

It's going to be so much fun ooof..

March can't come soon enough. I simply hope there is skippable cutscenes and item traders is implemented in multiplayer. It kind of sucks in gen X you can't use the farm while online.

mortal

Gold Member
Um... I'm sorry, but why even compare it to a game that runs on PC/PS4. MH on switch looks good for a mobile game. What else there to say? MH on PS4/PC is far superior in everything. So uh... ?
What he's saying is that Capcom are great developers. He's giving praise to the developers that ported the game.

Just because a game can plausibly run on a less powerful hardware doesn't guarantee that it will run well. It still requires effort and labor from a dedicated team to optimize it.
Considering it's often smaller teams working within constraints that they didn't have to consider for PC or a more powerful console.

You're being combative here for literally zero reason lol.

Last edited:
well the game obviously is not going to look as good iq wise, but considering Capcom previous efforts on 3DS and current gen, it will still look fantastic and be well optimized on Switch.
I didn't mind the 30fps of GU at all, so if they manage to pull it off without framedips I'll be more than happy.

Alexios

Banned
Considering World was ranging from 25 to 50 fps on console, mostly on an unstable 30, yeah, that's impressive, especially with all that new mobility seen in the videos which means that you can basically almost spiderman your way in crazy heights at any point and get a full view of the landscape below with pretty decent lod.

Biggest beef (of the many) with World was traversal of the new unecessarily long and uselessly big areas, quick movement methods like that and the dog riding and all, the revamped traversal in general alongside a snappier design overall to make it portable friendly, hopefully solves all of that stuff for me and even more too.

Screenshots don't really do modern games justice unless they're bullshots however so just post the new video thread. Art style is even better too, though I'm not fond of the flagship mon. Really hope the leak for a PC version is real so that I get to play this even if it doesn't have any improvements beyond UHD/hfr or whatever.

Last edited:

Jeeves

Hilarious gif and a very cute cat, I'm not gonna argue with that. I genuinely laughed.

I'm also not gonna argue with a rabid Nintendo fans celebrating MH finally coming back to their platform of choice.

What I'm disagreeing with is that we should compare MH switch to MH PC. Games are generations apart, end of story.

Feel free to buy and enjoy MH on Switch...
The only one comparing it to other platforms is you.

EDIT: Oh I see, you're talking about Capcom comparing it to the PC game. In that case I have nothing to say.

To contribute to the topic: Game looks pretty good. Personally I still think Luigi's Mansion is the best-looking Switch game, if only because I prefer the art style.

Last edited:
Top Bottom